Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon beta "clerical errors"

TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368

Edit: Re-doing the format of this so people don't misinterpret as much.

Here are 2 e-mails received about the beta.

"Welcome to the Alganon beta!

Setting Up The Game

Your Beta Code(s) are

(left out for obvious reasons)

Please head to http://www.myalganon.com/myprofile/index/enter-key to activate your account.

To download the client, click on the "Beta" link found at the top navigation menu of MyAlganon.com

This link will only appear once you have activated your account and signed in at MyAlganon.com"

And then 4 hours later, e-mail 2:

"Greetings Alganites!

Unfortunately a mistake was made today where thousands of keys were sent out before they were supposed to be sent. If you are receiving this Email, it means your key was one of those incorrectly sent out. Don’t worry, you will be activated soon, just not with this current batch."

Some people aren't receving the 2nd e-mail. This is why your beta keys don't work.

Comments

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368

That's a pretty big error for thousands of keys. I'm saying they aren't doing enough to warrent the attention when they're screwing things up like that. You really need to chill and not post on things where you can't be a civil human being.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by TheStarheart

I like to try out new MMO's. With that being said, I've participated in tons of betas over the past 7-8 years. Alganon is going to get completely washed away on my radar for this reason alone...Here are 2 e-mails I received from them:
    Setting Up The Game
    Your Beta Code(s) are

Please head to http://www.myalganon.com/myprofile/index/enter-key to activate your account.
    To download the client, click on the "Beta" link found at the top navigation menu of MyAlganon.com
    This link will only appear once you have activated your account and signed in at MyAlganon.com"

"Greetings Alganites!
    Unfortunately a mistake was made today where thousands of keys were sent out before they were supposed to be sent. If you are receiving this Email, it means your key was one of those incorrectly sent out. Don’t worry, you will be activated soon, just not with this current batch."

Sorry Alganon, this is enough for me to pass over you.

I'm surprised you are still here on this site then..... If my memory serves me right, MMORPG.com did the same thing recently and had to recall emails it had sent out to many people about beta key's or something similar.

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

And i was like WHATEVA.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

Originally posted by Emeraq

I like to try out new MMO's. With that being said, I've participated in tons of betas over the past 7-8 years. Alganon is going to get completely washed away on my radar for this reason alone...Here are 2 e-mails I received from them:
    Setting Up The Game
    Your Beta Code(s) are

"Greetings Alganites!

I'm surprised you are still here on this site then..... If my memory serves me right, MMORPG.com did the same thing recently and had to recall emails it had sent out to many people about beta key's or something similar.

Wasn't involved in that, but then again MMORPG isn't currently developing an MMO.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Originally posted by Emeraq

Setting Up The Game
    Your Beta Code(s) are

"Greetings Alganites!

Wasn't involved in that, but then again MMORPG isn't currently developing an MMO.

Nope but it was still a reward that many thought they received and then were disappointed by having it recalled.

My point is that you posted your disappointment to display the folks creating Alganon in a negative light... You don't even know if the game is good/bad/ugly but you are writing it off because of the recalled email.

Accidents do happen, as they did with MMORPG's botched emails, yet those folks still linger and likely still played whatever game was in beta at the time.. and I don't know the details, the mistake might not have been MMORPG's, it could have been that they were given a list of usernames too soon as well.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

You have such an emotional reaction.

Next game for you then: Aion (made for people like you)

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    Originally posted by wizyy

You have such an emotional reaction.
    Next game for you then: Aion (made for people like you)

Yes that makes sense...  if you are a WoW fanboy.

Don't worry you aren't missing anything but a completely unoriginal WoW ripoff made with 1/1000000th the budget.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Seriously? They made a mistake and you're going "omg fail on this game" ? I mean, seriously? This isnt a troll post or a joke?

I mean you seem pretty serious about it, but I just dont want to believe that you actually are... tell me it aint so?

• jonassevanjonassevan Member UncommonPosts: 24

thx starheart ,explains y i'm having problems logging into the game.

but unlike you i never got the 2nd email 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Setting Up The Game
    Your Beta Code(s) are

"Greetings Alganites!

Not only are you so touch sensitive that you are so easily offended about just having your beta access delayed (not taken away, but *delayed*), but you actually felt driven to tell the world about it by posting the emails here... For what?  To inform us that this company is evil and not to be trusted? To whinge that a free oppotunity to help test a game has been delayed a little? For Spite?

Listen, betas are for sorting out all kinds of game related systems and things like this happen sometimes, but then I guess people who like them just because they 'like to try new games out' probably don't get that.

These forums make me laff.

Originally posted by narakuu

Seriously? They made a mistake and you're going "omg fail on this game" ? I mean, seriously? This isnt a troll post or a joke?

I mean you seem pretty serious about it, but I just dont want to believe that you actually are... tell me it aint so?

I'm not saying the game is fail, I love how quick people are to misinterpret this. If any spent time to read and not immediately jump to bashing you'd realize that I said the game is just getting washed away from my radar. I was interested in trying it out but since there are other games that are much more organized that I'm already involved in, with complications it's just not going to get my attention. For me, their beta errors equal a failure and I'm passing up on the game. This is not a failure for their game, and not a failure for every other person on earth. This is a failure for me and it's not being broadcast as a failure to everyone like you'd want to believe.

Especially in these current MMO times, I prefer a more organized release than a bunch of errors and delays because I think it's going to have an effect on the quality of the product. I made my choice to skip over this game. That is my choice and all the extremism in the world won't change the fact that it's just bad timing and poor organization that will keep me from trying the game out. I love trying every game I can, but it's just not going to happen with certain games.

Edit: As I figured, some people who received keys didn't receive an E-mail that their beta was cancelled. I'm sure this doesn't matter to many but I think it can be an indicator of future events to come. Whether you agree or not is your own prerogative, but to immediately jump on the flame train is a little hasty/childish.

@vesavius

While I get engaged in betas primarily for the reason of trying the game out, I don't just play the game willy nilly. In fact if you're not interested in trying the game out, I don't see why you would be participating in a free beta for a game. I'm sure your logic is a little misguided here. To assume that I don't search for bugs to help contribute for the overall polish of the game would be absolutely incorrect. I've been testing for bugs and ways to break different functions of the game in every game I've played and will continue to do so. I generally send in pretty lengthy bug reports. I understand what is generally desired from people who play a beta. For me, my number one reason for playing a beta is still because I love trying new things which is just the way it is.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by narakuu Seriously? They made a mistake and you're going "omg fail on this game" ? I mean, seriously? This isnt a troll post or a joke?

I'm not saying the game is fail, I love how quick people are to misinterpret this. If any spent time to read and not immediately jump to bashing you'd realize that I said the game is just getting washed away from my radar. I was interested in trying it out but since there are other games that are much more organized that I'm already involved in, with complications it's just not going to get my attention. For me, their beta errors equal a failure and I'm passing up on the game. This is not a failure for their game, and not a failure for every other person on earth. This is a failure for me and it's not being broadcast as a failure to everyone like you'd want to believe.
    Especially in these current MMO times, I prefer a more organized release than a bunch of errors and delays because I think it's going to have an effect on the quality of the product. I made my choice to skip over this game. That is my choice and all the extremism in the world won't change the fact that it's just bad timing and poor organization that will keep me from trying the game out.
    Edit: As I figured, some people who received keys didn't receive an E-mail that their beta was cancelled. I'm sure this doesn't matter to many but I think it can be an indicator of future events to come. Whether you agree or not is your own prerogative, but to immediately jump on the flame train is a little hasty/childish.

I get that it's a failure for you as you so aptly put.

Now get us. We don't care. AT ALL. Go be butt hurt in the privacy of your own home and off a public forum.

Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Especially in these current MMO times, I prefer a more organized release than a bunch of errors and delays because I think it's going to have an effect on the quality of the product. I made my choice to skip over this game. That is my choice and all the extremism in the world won't change the fact that it's just bad timing and poor organization that will keep me from trying the game out.

Now get us. We don't care. AT ALL. Go be butt hurt in the privacy of your own home and off a public forum.

If you don't care, don't waste your time reading and posting. It's as simple as that. I'm sorry that your attempts to make people feel bad on the internet aren't being received the way you'd like.

• AKABoondockAKABoondock Member Posts: 62

This happened to me too and it was really annoying. I think that me taking the job from whatever intern it was who screwed that up.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

You know that pressing one buttom accidentally can send a full batch of whatever thousand of keys, right?

And it's still a damn beta, people seem to forget what betas truly are these days and just want game previews and head starts in betas... Asian F2Ps have truly destroyed the concept.

If you don't care, don't waste your time reading and posting. It's as simple as that. I'm sorry that your attempts to make people feel bad on the internet aren't being received the way you'd like.

Awesome. Now you're double butt hurt, 1 for the beta mix up, and 2 because no one in this thread decided to join you in your circle jerk of bitching.

Shit happens. Deal with it in a manner that doesn't involve a public display of emo.

So in what why exactly are my attempts being received? Are you saying you've come to the same conclusion as everyone else in this thread, that your bitching and moaning certainly isn't garnering you any friends or making and substantial point, and that you've decided to move you life onto a path that involves less emo tantrums?

Cuz that'd be awesome k.

just don't post here anymore.

So in what why exactly are my attempts being received? Are you saying you've come to the same conclusion as everyone else in this thread, that your bitching and moaning certainly isn't garnering you any friends or making and substantial point, and that you've decided to move you life onto a path that involves less emo tantrums?
    Cuz that'd be awesome k.

K. This is the last one I promise.

Originally posted by EricDanie

You know that pressing one buttom accidentally can send a full batch of whatever thousand of keys, right?
    And it's still a damn beta, people seem to forget what betas truly are these days and just want game previews and head starts in betas... Asian F2Ps have truly destroyed the concept.

I understand that. I mentioned before that I go for bug-reporting when I play a beta, but my primary interest in getting in beta in the first place is to just try new things. This just was the wrong timing for them and me having the time to follow this game anymore. There are a bunch of games coming out that are just going to take my time up, so I don't have the time to fit another thing like alganon beta into my schedule. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out, but there are plenty of other people it will work for.

I just hope the information will continue to be useful at least for those who don't know why their key isn't working as their correction e-mail didn't reach some.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

wow, they made a mistake and then told you "hey sorry, but you WILL be getting a beta key."  So, you just broke the NDA saying you're in the beta before you even get access............that's gotta be a record for NDA breach.  Congratz to you.

Employer: You'll be getting a raise starting on your next paycheck.

Jumpthegun: Screw you, I quit cuz it's not on this paycheck.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • PsalmsPsalms Member UncommonPosts: 137

Cuz that'd be awesome k.

OP seriously needs to consider the fact that nobody cares.  If this is the biggest disappointment youve been thru then consider yourself lucky.  But please don't start posts crying because of a minor miscalculation.  Find something else to do until you DO in fact get the key you need.  My opinion.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Seems petty IMO. If it's that easy to drop, it was never really on your radar any way. It was just another game to check out and you want to make a big stink about it cause you are irritated that you still have to wait. I don't think anyone really cares If you play or not, was hoping this post had something interesting in it but alas its just another cry fest of impatience. As another poster put it ... butt hurt.

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Nothing but over reactions everywhere on this starting with the OP. Yeah they made a mistake and yeah it was annoying but to say that this an indication of how things are going to go is a pretty big leap. Everything is an indication of something. In this case it could be an indication that they hired an intern who clicked on 1,000 instead of 100 when picking the number of invites to send out or it could be as you seem to feel they are incapable of reading and writing.

While your responses and replies all seem reasoned unfortunately your willingness to abandon something that you voluntarily signed up for over something so trivial shows that you probably weren't all that interested in doing a beta test of the game anyway.

Originally posted by rwmiller

Nothing but over reactions everywhere on this starting with the OP. Yeah they made a mistake and yeah it was annoying but to say that this an indication of how things are going to go is a pretty big leap. Everything is an indication of something. In this case it could be an indication that they hired an intern who clicked on 1,000 instead of 100 when picking the number of invites to send out or it could be as you seem to feel they are incapable of reading and writing.
    While your responses and replies all seem reasoned unfortunately your willingness to abandon something that you voluntarily signed up for over something so trivial shows that you probably weren't all that interested in doing a beta test of the game anyway.

I'm just too busy, do you have the time to do everything you wanted? I changed my initial post so people stop getting the wrong idea and I'm sorry that people are just not understanding my reasons for not having the time to play with the slew of more promising games (in my eyes) that are being released in the next month or two. I appreciate your civility in the matter for sure though.

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Star, for the love of christ, stop justifying this lame, NDA breaching, QQ post under the guise of  "Im misunderstood". 

You screwed up K?  Take it like a man please and just learn from your mistakes.