Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard could be great if....

2»

Comments

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by boojiboy

Originally posted by Daffid011

They got a new programmer, not sure if it's a graphics guy though,

They only had to give up the lead designer/producer of the game and halt all development on new content, but yes, vanguard is getting a new programmer.

Found it.. see below.  AAs and Pantheon Raid get delayed until Silius comes back from the other project.  The stuff being developed by the other developers continues to move forward....

New content?

Looking at the date it seems like this is just another example of the current team finishing up more of what the original team had already started work on over 2 years ago, but didn't finish. 

I'm sorry booj, but in no way shape of form can it be considered a good thing for the leader of a project to be pulled to another game for an undisclosed amount of time and put this game on hold.  Maybe it somehow turns out ok in the future and maybe it doesn't, but right now it isn't.  If it was a personal shift and someone else was taking over then fine, those things happen.

How screwed up is it for a company to remove the leadership of a game to work on something else and effectively pause the game while he is gone. 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by Pandacan

I'm new here, but i was just wondering how many people feel that if Vanguard: SoH had a larger player base it could be much more succesful.

Success = many players.

So ... yeah.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

They got a new programmer, not sure if it's a graphics guy though,

They only had to give up the lead designer/producer of the game and halt all development on new content, but yes, vanguard is getting a new programmer.

Found it.. see below.  AAs and Pantheon Raid get delayed until Silius comes back from the other project.  The stuff being developed by the other developers continues to move forward....

New content?

Looking at the date it seems like this is just another example of the current team finishing up more of what the original team had already started work on over 2 years ago, but didn't finish. 

I'm sorry booj, but in no way shape of form can it be considered a good thing for the leader of a project to be pulled to another game for an undisclosed amount of time and put this game on hold.  Maybe it somehow turns out ok in the future and maybe it doesn't, but right now it isn't.  If it was a personal shift and someone else was taking over then fine, those things happen.

How screwed up is it for a company to remove the leadership of a game to work on something else and effectively pause the game while he is gone. 

Silius is still working on Vanguard, he's all over the forums currently.  The majority of his 'development' time got pulled to another game... I'm guessing he's putting in a crafting system for some title.

I think Silius is on the fourms, because he is physically in another location than the vanguard team. 

It will be very interesting to see where Silius is for the next several months.

My first guess: he was moved to the seattle office to oversee operations up there and the studio director, executive producer and other staff left soe. 

If the rumors of soe making a star wars demo for lucas arts are true, I think that is where he is at.  Though I do not know if he was pulled for his experience with crafting or with managing a product.  I'm sure soe has plenty of people who could work on a crafting system, but not many experienced with running a project.  Those people they have are already stretched pretty thin and honestly vanguard is the logical choice to remove the leadership from that will cause the least amount of damage. 

• KymeeKymee Member Posts: 14

Silius doesnt have a lot of experience managing anything. What little experience he has from Vanguard is rather meek and meager, since it's his management style that led VG to being virtually deserted. Vangaurd is great. Silius leaving is also great and could be the best thing that has happened to the game in recent history. If you don't like Vanguard then get back to WoW.

Hell to the NO to RMT!!

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

I tried IOD, servers are empty ("Low") Found maybe 2 players in IOD, AOC, then WAR, then AION, and Lotro, killed the game. The launch was catastrophic, and SOE made very bad choices. People left the game. It's the next MXO imo.SOE never gave a chance to this game.  

" If you don't like Vanguard then get back to WoW."

If you think there's only 2 games in mmo's world, you 're wrong.  I played 1 month wow, it's not my cup of tea, but i' m sure it's a solid mmo, and vanguard, an unfinished game. VG is now a polished game, but needs now real and fun content. not only grinding. VG needs more diplo content, pvp, and a lot of things you can find since the beginning in EQ2, lotro or Wow.

No it's not the best pve mmo in the market. Project was brillant but the product is poor and unfinished. It's a terrible waste of money and time. For Sigil, for SOE, for us.

It's time to forget Vg and wait for SWTOR (for example) or play EQ2 or Lotro.

Originally posted by Kymee

Silius doesnt have a lot of experience managing anything. What little experience he has from Vanguard is rather meek and meager, since it's his management style that led VG to being virtually deserted.

I didn't mean to imply that I think Silius has loads of experience managing or leading.  Looking at the staff soe has though, I think he is going to be one of the most experienced people that soe has to draw upon for whatever it is he is doing.  

There has been a lot of leadership/managment turnover at almost every soe mmo in the last year or two.