Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you rather have a new Xpac or..

Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

a new and different MMO by Blizzard...just curious....

Personally I'll be honest I'd rather see a new game all together....I think Cataclysm is an interesting idea if it works but I wasn't all that impressed with the details.

Comments

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Honestly, at the moment, I just wanna play post-Cataclysm WoW, becuase I know it's gonna be out before the next MMO they create, and I still really like WoW.

The next MMO from Blizz wont' be out for years, no doubt, so I am not going to worry about it.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

why not both?  We all know Blizzard's B team is on WoW atm and their A team is on the new MMO.  I am looking forward to both teams showcasing their product.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Given that till now i dont know whats Blizz new mmo is about, i rather go with Cata and check out the new revamp lands. Also reroll a couple of worgen and goblin and read their lore...

Hopefully we will have some news regarding their new mmo next year, at least let us know whether its fantasy or what and i suspect it maybe purely skill base with out level, seeing what they gona do with Cata.

Cant help but feel that they are using WoW to experiment with what they are gona do with their new mmo...

RIP Orc Choppa

• kalarenkalaren Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Death1942

why not both?  We all know Blizzard's B team is on WoW atm and their A team is on the new MMO.  I am looking forward to both teams showcasing their product.

Like death said why do we need to choose when both are actually happening? Even if they were working only on a new mmo we wouldn't be getting it any time soon.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Both would be good. I'd love to see how a new Blizzard MMO would shape up to be with the resources they have at their disposal. But on the other hand CATA has me coming back to explore Azeroth once more and it seems the same for a few of my friends that stop playing around the same time I did.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• tavoctavoc Member UncommonPosts: 257

First off Blizzard has already announced that they are working on a new mmo so those of you who can't read previous posts can get the hint.

As for a new expac to wow, it should work great and they are trying to get people more into the original game (This is what pissed me off when i played wow after BC was released) .  After seeing the new features it does kind of make me want to try it even thoe i have quit the game for a long time and the lich king didn't get me to come back to the game... for long. Still, it wont be enough to get me to return since ive recently fell in love with NCsoft's Aion.

A new mmo from blizzard thoe does get my hopes up and i would realy rather this but for one reason (keep in mind this is my unedducated prediction). You see blizzard has alwayes produced the same three ip's. Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft. Following the time line and how the games were realeased. (correct me if i am wrong) it went Warcraft: Orcs vs humans, Warcraft 2, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2. Then the expacs to Starcraft, Warcraft 3, and diablo 2. Then finaly the biggest of all (money and sub wise) was of corse World of Warcraft, and its 2 expacs, and an upcoming 3rd. so if i follow that time line correctly... starcraft 2 and diablo 3 are in development and should be releasing relitively soon... that would meen unless they actuably bring a new ip or make wow 2 the a diablo mmo is next in line... that beeing said HELL YEAH i want a new blizzard mmo.