Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of August and WoW is still the best

12346»

Comments

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by templarga

This thread is hilarious and sad is so many ways. I seriously cannot believe that the WOW forum trolls keep using the same sad, tired and stupid arguments: WOW is McD's, WOW is Brittney Spears, WOW is Walmart, blah, blah, blah.
    I am going to say this once and WOW trolls please read: You may not believe it but QUALITY and POPULARITY are inherently linked. No they are not the same (reading comprehension PLEASE) but they are linked. If something is popular, the quality must be good for those people for which it is popular. So in other words, for the millions of WOW players, WOW is TOP quality because it is what they want.
    What so many of you trolls forget is that popularity is a quantifiable term...meaning it can be measured. McD's sells this much food, Spears sells this many records, etc.... but nobody is debating popularity, its quality that causes the issue.
    Quality is NOT quantifiable simply because it is opinion based. For example, take the music of the Beatles and Elvis. I honestly can't stand it. But I do love classical and opera. I think all modern music pales in comparison and if you want to talk true quality let's talk Mozart, Beethoven, Verdi, Wagner, etc....
    Or let's talk movies. What is consider the best movie of all time by many groups.....Orsen Well's "Citizen Kane". I doubt many of you have seen it or if you did, didn't like. And these are the top film critics and reviewers deciding that. Look at the Oscar's - how many "Best Movie" Oscar winners have you seen and considered the best film of that year.
    The point is quality is decided by the person making the choice. There is no right or wrong answer and this is why this debate keeps going on and on and in circles.
    WOW is the best game on the market right now for its players because so many people in the MMO market choose it as the best by paying their $15 a month to play it. It is, in the opinion of the 11 or so million players, the best game that offers top quality on the market. Once a game comes along that offers better quality, then those players will choose it over WOW. However, like the OP is saying (and I agree) nothing has come along that offers better quality (FOR ME) than WOW does right now.

I agree its all about personal taste, and Quality is the Eye of the Beholder.  Like MCD's yeah its one if not the most popular hamburger joint in the world, but personally Id rather go down to Jim's Burger Haven to get my self a burger.  So yes to some most popular can = best quality, but to me JBH has the better quality and its a mom and pop burger place.

Just like how WoW 10mill + think its the best game on the market, but I don't think it is. Now does that make it the best game? Sure you can say that it is because of numbers but it all boils down to an individual. Its either the best game for you or it isn't, but it just can't be called the best game period because not everyone is playing it and if you don't like it your a retard.  Just like it can't be called the worst game period because it has a ton of subs and  if you like it your a carebear casual. 

Everyone has a right to their own opinions and should respect others opinions. I so wish people would drop these kind of arguments because there really is no right or wrong side. Tto tell you the truth subs really mean nothing to me. 10mill for WoW It wasn't for me.  AoC has XXX amount of subs it wasn't for me either. FFXI had what a half a million and It was the MMO for me. I'll be playing Fallen Earth at launch because Its the best game for me and im sure it will not have much success.

Edit. I thought of this while making a sandwich.

But really people don't always play games for quality. Im not going to lie FE is not the most polished game out there but to me its fun as hell. But WoW which is probably the most polished game out there bores me to death.  People play games because they are fun.

Morel  of the story, there is no best game for everyone its just the best game for you.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

WOW  was at its best about 2 years ago since then its been on a steady decline quality wise . Its not a totally horrible game now . I would say it offers a good entry level mmo experiance . Most of the new MMOs havnt been released as of August so yes WOW is proberbly the best fantasy mmo about . Mind you the contenders are things like Vanguard , AOC ,Warhammer ,DDO and Everquest 2 so they really offer very little in the way of competition . Lord of the Rings Online in someways surpasses WOW as a roll playing game but falls short on the PVP . Still untill we see what AION  has to offer a few months down the line ,then maybe an End of December and WoW is still the best thread would be less redundant .