Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of August and WoW is still the best

Comments

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Sortis

Originally posted by Pocahinha

In theory wow is the  "best", technicly is also the best, used to be even better before expansions...but now even beying the best i log on and after 30 min playing im burned...so that means for me its not the best...its the best in a theoric and thechnic point of view.

It is not the game's fault that you are burned after playing it too long and too much.

Take a break and look at the sun.

You can always try a burnout copy of the game of course and that's one of the reasons why those games gather empty servers after a 2 month launch.

lol he said after 30 min not 30 hours, the dude couldve just come in from outside?! lmao

being burnt on the game just implies he gets bored with it after 30 min easily...not that he has a problem XD

Apparently you need some reading skills... Since he even talks of the pre expansion period I guess he's one of the 3000+ hours guys.

:)))) I 'll even give him a prescription : .... a break of one month of one of those newer duds will do it for now

apparently i dont XD he couldve played a long time ago and still got burnt after 30 min, just because he played pre expansion doesnt mean he played 3000+ hours you are *assuming* so no...i dont think so scooter.

• lagolinaslagolinas Member Posts: 4

I have truly given WoW a shot and I cant get into it at all. Give Guild Wars a try, so far it has been the game that I enjoy playing the most of any of the many I have tried. 

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by tokenizer

Yup, I tried all releases/betas, all sux.
    I am not an WoW funboy, but I start to think that nothing can beat WoW that year...
    There is NO MMORPG at the moment to give me same feeling what WoW have given me 5 years ago, NO ONE. I am still waiting... or maybe, I will come back to WoW.

bad troll is bad...

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by Sortis

Apparently you need some reading skills... Since he even talks of the pre expansion period I guess he's one of the 3000+ hours guys.
    :)))) I 'll even give him a prescription : .... a break of one month of one of those newer duds will do it for now

apparently i dont XD he couldve played a long time ago and still got burnt after 30 min, just because he played pre expansion doesnt mean he played 3000+ hours you are *assuming* so no...i dont think so scooter.

No one is burnt out of a Blizzard game after playing it for 30 minutes. Sorry.

Unless you're Mark Jacobs of course.

I'm sure MJ played games like WC Rts, SC and Diablo for years like the rest of us.

Him not playing WoW was just PR spin we all know that bastard has a level 80 nightelf dancing naked on a mailbox in ironforge on a EU server lol!!!!!

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

• 4theCause4theCause Member UncommonPosts: 4

If  Wow would really be that entertaining people wouldn't hang out in Forums all Day and talk bullshit...

"You're such an inspiration for the ways that i will never ever choose to be"

Originally posted by 4theCause

If  Wow would really be that entertaining people wouldn't hang out in Forums all Day and talk bullshit...

Around 1-5% of the mmo community hangs out on forums, currently WoW covers 55-60% of the mmo market.

So yeah it is that entertaining, this place isn't reality.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Sinviper

Aion.

Good god man,  Don't say that in front of wow peeps or they will burn you at the stake.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

I am not an WoW funboy, but I start to think that nothing can beat WoW that year...
    There is NO MMORPG at the moment to give me same feeling what WoW have given me 5 years ago, NO ONE. I am still waiting... or maybe, I will come back to WoW.

So, what color Mountain Dew do you drink?

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Aion.

Good god man,  Don't say that in front of wow peeps or they will burn you at the stake.

But why? They are part of the 60% of the market? Aion isnt going to get 60%! Are they getting insecure now? :P

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Elesthor

Originally posted by stayontarget

Aion.

But why? They are part of the 60% of the market? Aion isnt going to get 60%! Are they getting insecure now? :P

Market shares and sub numbers are for white collar pencil pushing peeps, aka: beancounters.

Who cares

Edit:  add super hardcore fanboys to the list.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

This is the way I feel about Everquest , the only difference is that I'm mature enough to admit that there are better games out there.  UO was my first, but I think after the 10th greifing I gave it up.

• laglotuslaglotus Member Posts: 43

And Britney Spears is the best artist in the market, yeah right...

Originally posted by laglotus

LOL Britney who? last time I checked the most albums sold went to two bands.

Elvis and The Beetles at near 500 million sold, britney is around 90 mill with hundreds of acts ahead of her.

So yeah enough with Britney, start saying "so Elvis and The Beetles were the best music artists" and most would say yes lol!

• laglotuslaglotus Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Remii718

Originally posted by laglotus

LOL Britney who? last time I checked the most albums sold went to two bands.

Elvis and The Beetles at near 500 million sold, britney is around 90 mill with hundreds of acts ahead of her.

So yeah enough with Britney, start saying "so Elvis and The Beetles were the best music artists" and most would say yes lol!

That analogy was not to be taken so seriously.

• kevingailykevingaily Member Posts: 113

I haven't played WOW now for around a year or so. I did play it for over three years though. I really liked it. There are other games that excelled on one point or another better than WOW, but WOW got it right by being a jack of all trades.  And yes, I was one of the 3000 hour club members lol :D

That said, like all good things, it came to an end. I got burnt out. I tried a lot of different games this past year, and didn't find the right jack of all trades replacement I had hoped for. I just preordered Aion, and thus pin my hopes that the choice was a good one. I do have a good feeling about it, but who knows.... I am also looking forward to GW2 and TOR. Both those games are looking promising IMHO.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Blah screw what the haters say, I do not play WOW anymore but I must say no game out there comes close to giving me the feeling that WOW did back when it first came out.  And there is a reason for that, simple put WOW with all its cartoony characters and what not was and is the most complete MMO to date.

Its popularity stims directly from that fact.  People hate the fact that WOW dominates, but who cares you cannot deny that its populatrity is a direct result of the fact that the game is just good.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248
    Originally posted by DubaVampe

I stopped reading there.

I seconded that.

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

By any objective opinion, WoW is "the best" MMO on the market at the moment.

Unfortunately, these are the forums .. where objective opinions come to die.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • TheStarheartTheStarheart Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

By any objective opinion, WoW is "the best" MMO on the market at the moment.
    Unfortunately, these are the forums .. where objective opinions come to die.

objective and opinion should not be used right next to each other.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

It's the best  in value of all  MMORPG by far. Won't get more for your money. But, she's starting to show her age a little. Like some of the players.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

So, what does Blizzard have you guys grinding for now?

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

I would refrain from calling WoW the best.  WoW is more the Mcdonalds of MMOs.  They do not have the best hamburgers,  but they are good and have a decent mass market appeal.  Its convenient decent enough and quick.

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

it puzzles me when people say wow looks dated and the grafixs look rubbish.

for me anyway i think the game looks great i love the look and feel of the game world it feels like one big magical adventure to explore.

ive played most mmorpgs to date and no im not a wow fanboy :) , ive played eq2 since it went live and burned out now and only been playing wow for 2 weeks now.

has for saying wow is still the best i think you do have it wrong, everquest2 is a great game to, same for ao but that looks dated now.

and whats with people obsessed with sub numbers theses days in mmorpgs you see posts all the time on the subject, to me if you are haveing a great time playing a game why give a rats ass.

• Echelon78Echelon78 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

You folks are arguing with the guy who will be the last WOW player on the last WOW server telling you all how everything else sucks.  Or perhaps once WOW is no longer the number 1 in subs he will move to whatever is and tell you how everything else sucks....time will tell the tale.

I lol'd at this, so very true.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Windows is the best option for  an O.S.

WOW is the best option for an MMO.

Many people will always hate what is popular. Let them enjoy Linux and EVE