Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of August and WoW is still the best

tokenizertokenizer Member Posts: 106

Yup, I tried all releases/betas, all sux.

I am not an WoW funboy, but I start to think that nothing can beat WoW that year...

There is NO MMORPG at the moment to give me same feeling what WoW have given me 5 years ago, NO ONE. I am still waiting... or maybe, I will come back to WoW.

Comments

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by tokenizer

I am not an WoW funboy, but I start to think that nothing can beat WoW that year...
    There is NO MMORPG at the moment to give me same feeling what WoW have given me 5 years ago, NO ONE. I am still waiting... or maybe, I will come back to WoW.

I agree with the other games at the moment sucking, but I would not call WOW the "best".  I would call WOW the "best substitute", because in all my years of playing WOW (since 2004), this game has meant nothing more to me than a substitute to hang out in while waiting for a better truer MMO to come out. 

(Hoping Final Fantasy XIV is that game.)

• DubaVampeDubaVampe Member Posts: 35

I stopped reading there.

• KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293

WoW is popular.

Other games are not as popular.

Popular isnt always the best.

This is the 100000th thread of its kind.

I beg a mod to lock this.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

"Additional instances cannot be launched" ... Good thing a multi billion dollar company can't upgrade hardware when they stupidly funneled everyone into ToC instance. Blizzard doesn't care about their cash cow anymore because people are so stuck on it. Why bother?

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Best in your opinion does not make the game best.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Perhaps this is better posted in the WoW forum?

Originally posted by Zorndorf

But apparently most of you kids don't have ANY clue what makes a game ... fun to play.

Perhaps it is up to the person to decide what is fun to play for themselves? What is fun for you is not necessarily fun for someone else.

How hard is it to understand that when 5 to 7 million WESTERN people pay .... 180 dollar subscription a year just to play one game, it is MORE than popular ....
    Go with the flow, they said...
    Since all the others with that western price tag hang  there at 300K (eve) or WAY less then 200K (the rest)....
    .... It suffices to open the client and play to view the difference...
    Ever heard of marketing department?
    It begins with fast fluid control of the avatar and ends with the biggest gaming options offered. And the gap within  these gaming options just widens with every quarter... not matter what the moaning means.
    But apparently most of you kids don't have ANY clue what makes a game ... fun to play.
    Yeah, tell me more dad...
    ------
    I was never surprised, from the moment I sat foot in Azeroth until today, that the subscription difference is that big.
    And with each passing patch, the gap just widens instead of getting smaller.
    War and AoC (the latest Wow 'killers') now hoover at around 100K. That's a loss of 700 K players in less than a year for each "killer".
    War and AoC were failures. It isnt WoW that killed them , the died alone.
    I was not surprised.

Maybe I should start smoking too. Many people are smoking so I guess Its a good thing!!!! Cool!

ps. what the hell am I doing? Replying to Zorndorf? Pff its like talking to a wall.

Originally posted by arenasb

Perhaps it is up to the person to decide what is fun to play for themselves? What is fun for you is not necessarily fun for someone else.

Enter the millions of PAYING 180 dollars a year argument....

If number one is at 5 to 7 PAYING million (not counting the Chinese) and one is at 300 K subs and the rest WAY under 200K....

What are we even discussing ?

I'm not sure what you are discussing or unless you want a society that is like 1984.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

You folks are arguing with the guy who will be the last WOW player on the last WOW server telling you all how everything else sucks.  Or perhaps once WOW is no longer the number 1 in subs he will move to whatever is and tell you how everything else sucks....time will tell the tale.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by Elesthor

How hard is it to understand that when 5 to 7 million WESTERN people pay .... 180 dollar subscription a year just to play one game, it is MORE than popular ....
    Go with the flow, they said...
    Since all the others with that western price tag hang  there at 300K (eve) or WAY less then 200K (the rest)....
    .... It suffices to open the client and play to view the difference...
    Ever heard of marketing department?
    It begins with fast fluid control of the avatar and ends with the biggest gaming options offered. And the gap within  these gaming options just widens with every quarter... not matter what the moaning means.
    Yeah, tell me more dad...
    ------
    I was never surprised, from the moment I sat foot in Azeroth until today, that the subscription difference is that big.
    And with each passing patch, the gap just widens instead of getting smaller.
    War and AoC (the latest Wow 'killers') now hoover at around 100K. That's a loss of 700 K players in less than a year for each "killer".
    War and AoC were failures. It isnt WoW that killed them , the died alone.
    I was not surprised.

Maybe I should start smoking too. Many people are smoking so I guess Its a good thing!!!! Cool!

No people compared and saw the difference.

Ah, ha. I'll take your old argument, and give it the old answer. Just because millions eat at McDonalds, that means it's good for you? Right? It's "MORE than popular". According to you.

There are tons of things that WoW is missing that makes me not want to play it. As well as things that makes me not want to play it. I like dyable armor (Still not in WoW), I've lived with sitting to regain hp/mana, but dedicating inventory space to it is stupid. The fact that some classes in PvP could make me just let go of my keyboard because there was NOTHING I could do to save myself. That's fun too. Time sink in raids is always fun too, only not.

I can go on and on with things that should be/should not be in WoW to make it better, but it's obviously not going to change your opinion. Because you are better, because you've played WoW all your life, and don't know of any other games that were better with mechanics.

Ok fine Zorndorf, what does that have to do with what I said?

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

WOW is the best.   There is no discussion about it.  Everybody needs to understand that best may not exactly equate to most fun.  I played WOW for less than 15 mins, and the game just wasn't my cup of tea.  However, I do understand that it is the best not because it is the most fun ( everyone has a different opinion ), but because it is by far one fo the most finished products in this genre.  

Its really sad when the number of decent products on the market can be named on 1 hand.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Well I understand what you say, but I personally think is too raid centric, too cartoonish and the game engine and graphics look dated by now. The new expansion video really gave me a MEH feeling.

So while WoW is resting on it's throne for now, I for one am not impressed...

The newest releases might not be so hot. Hell, Aion for me in all the hundreds of youtube videos look like a bad 1980s disco music video with all the explosions of light and effects. But personally I truly prefer AGE OF CONAN over WoW any day.

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

Disagree now disagree'd when it came out... will never agree to this statement and trust me I tried.  Popularity does not equal quality.  I can see how many might like it... I just can't myself.  After multiple forays into the game in hopes that I would see why it's such a big deal to so many it just can't make the cut.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

When does Blizzard's new mmo come out? 5-10 years? I know alot of old time WOW players gotta be getting burned out. That's along time til another game you can get away for awhile in. there is nothing else really in the future that will be targeted at you guys. Ya, they finally gave up.  Just more WOW for 5 years?

Why not come play with us in AION or lotro for bit? Or swtor in a few. A higher ratio of women in those anyway. Take a vacation,  hang out with your pre-wow friends. Party instead of work..it's time and you've earned it.

Or stare at your screen..

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

sounds like a fanboy...smells like a fanboy...must be a fanboy :P

naw but seriously, what makes you sound like a fanboy is by saying "its the best".

It is the best "for you" not everyone, MMOs are like colors...some like blue and some like orange, there is no best color...just because out of 20 people 15 like orange more than blue doesnt mean its "the best color" lol

what an incredibly shallow statement "WoW is the best" that statement lacks any kind of logic or substance. I'm not flaming you, i'm just saying we arent all driving the same brand car and the same color car with the exact same features.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

Right  now Blizzard rules the MMO, RTS and the Action RPG genres. That isn't goign to chnage for teh ext 15 years I'm afarid.

Like the T-shirts said at this years E-3

If it isn't made by Blizzard I ain't  buying it.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

In theory wow is the  "best", technicly is also the best, used to be even better before expansions...but now even beying the best i log on and after 30 min playing im burned...so that means for me its not the best...its the best in a theoric and thechnic point of view.

Originally posted by todeswulf

Right  now Blizzard rules the MMO, RTS and the Action RPG genres. That isn't goign to chnage for teh ext 15 years I'm afarid.

You are kidding right? You must be kidding!

Dude your pic cracked me the fuck up, thats awesome! XD

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

Unfortunately, I'm afraid to say it, he's not. Let's burn him alive! :D

Originally posted by Pocahinha

In theory wow is the  "best", technicly is also the best, used to be even better before expansions...but now even beying the best i log on and after 30 min playing im burned...so that means for me its not the best...its the best in a theoric and thechnic point of view.

It is not the game's fault that you are burned after playing it too long and too much.

Take a break and look at the sun.

You can always try a burnout copy of the game of course and that's one of the reasons why those games gather empty servers after a 2 month launch.

lol he said after 30 min not 30 hours, the dude couldve just come in from outside?! lmao

being burnt on the game just implies he gets bored with it after 30 min easily...not that he has a problem XD

• SinviperSinviper Member Posts: 169

Aion.

Originally posted by --Name edited out--

EX-PRO PLAYER IN WOW HERE.THIS GAME IS GOOD! TRUST ME IM USED TO BE THE BEST IN WOW BUT JUST A N00B IN AION. ITS CHALLENGEING , TRY IT!

[Sigh, watch out guys, this dude's pro.]

• Justin83xJustin83x Member Posts: 406
    Originally posted by Corrupted

Unfortunately, I'm afraid to say it, he's not. Let's burn him alive! :D

Lmfao