Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looks like diablo 3 >.>

SeraveeSeravee Member Posts: 1

i cant help but to say its like a cheap diablo 3, just like Runes of Magic is to WoW , but thats just my perspective of it

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

These are the guys who actually made diablo, so yeah it will have alot of resemblence to Diablo games.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Im okay with that.

Gives me something to try out before D3 actually does release.

Seeing as ive beaten D2 @ D2LoD and D1 x amount of times. 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Like the dude above me said... we will have something to play while we are waiting for D3 to be released, and its ok for me ;)

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Is it already released? On the videos it looked like a fun game.

"Cheap diablo"? Sure, it's not Blizzard. Nonetheless it could be a great game given the chance.

Some of it's features sound nice too.

# Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.

# Pets – Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.

# Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.

# Fishing – Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered

# Included Editor – Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• MardermannMardermann Member Posts: 29

Actually I think I will play this instead of Diablo 3

alsoo looking forward to the mmo the Runic guys will release....

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Seravee

i cant help but to say its like a cheap diablo 3, just like Runes of Magic is to WoW , but thats just my perspective of it

ya they had a game before that looked like diablo 2 ,can recall the name 

something happened to that company and what you see here is from those maker

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

The editor you get with the game is gonna give it a lot of replayability, I think you can make your own classes and mobs as well as levels. ill bet Its going to have a decent modding community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu1KMHtAJsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqkJD7fQq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4y63KvHOWU

• XlanayaXXlanayaX Member Posts: 6

diablo 2.... why isnt it on the game list?..

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by XlanayaX

diablo 2.... why isnt it on the game list?..

Im guessing because its not being developed as an MMO.

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

It's releasing on the 27th of October.

• djodarsdjodars Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

ya they had a game before that looked like diablo 2 ,can recall the name 

something happened to that company and what you see here is from those maker

Mythos was the name of the game. It's now being developed by some asian company.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

As others said, D3 ain't MMO (the word I heard was 4 max in a game), and we'll be lucky if it get out in 2010. Torchlight is slated to be a MMO, so it is justifiable to have it here.

The Diablo series is THE series as far as I am concerned, so I'm gonna get anything even remotely associated with it like this game.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Scottgun

As others said, D3 ain't MMO (the word I heard was 4 max in a game), and we'll be lucky if it get out in 2010. Torchlight is slated to be a MMO, so it is justifiable to have it here.
    The Diablo series is THE series as far as I am concerned, so I'm gonna get anything even remotely associated with it like this game.

ugh i hope that 4 players thing isnt true considering D2 was up to 8, and given that was about 9 years ago, it should increase in size with better technology, not decrease. i remember when they did that to the Ghost Recon shooter series on PS2, from Ghost Recon 2 to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter went from having 8 vs 8 to 4 vs 4, even though it was an almost identical game (just different maps, but same exact graphics, weapons, etc). the decrease in size pretty much murdered the game, i never understood it either and pissed me off to no end, shortly found myself just going back to GR2

Anyway, sorry for the off topic stuff. ill have to check this game out. Oct 27th, only a few days away. Any of you know the cost? or if theyre going to have any free trial deal?

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Torchlight looks very promising. I will probably play both D3 and T.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

"Q: Will I be able to play Torchlight online?

A: Because of the relatively short development window and tiny development team, we decide to focus our efforts on making a complete single-player experience. However, we are already in development of a massively multiplayer action-RPG set in the world of Torchlight for future release. "

Take what you will from that.  Personally I've given up on that team after Hellgate and I wanna see what the new team comes up with for Diablo 3.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

ugh i hope that 4 players thing isnt true considering D2 was up to 8, and given that was about 9 years ago, it should increase in size with better technology, not decrease. i remember when they did that to the Ghost Recon shooter series on PS2, from Ghost Recon 2 to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter went from having 8 vs 8 to 4 vs 4, even though it was an almost identical game (just different maps, but same exact graphics, weapons, etc). the decrease in size pretty much murdered the game, i never understood it either and pissed me off to no end, shortly found myself just going back to GR2
    Anyway, sorry for the off topic stuff. ill have to check this game out. Oct 27th, only a few days away. Any of you know the cost? or if theyre going to have any free trial deal?

You know, I can't find where I heard that it was going to be only 4 people, so I'll retract that until I can nail it down. Considering that their goal is to make the game most fun in coop mode (with PVP outside of regular games), I gotta think they are not going to cut the number that can be on a game.

Torchlight I believe is going to cost $20 to download.

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Originally posted by Ravik

"Q: Will I be able to play Torchlight online?

A: Because of the relatively short development window and tiny development team, we decide to focus our efforts on making a complete single-player experience. However, we are already in development of a massively multiplayer action-RPG set in the world of Torchlight for future release. "
    Take what you will from that.  Personally I've given up on that team after Hellgate and I wanna see what the new team comes up with for Diablo 3.

This is not the same team that worked on Hellgate London specifically, This is the team from Flagship that was based out of Seattle that worked on Mythos not Hellgate so comparing it to Hellgate is useless since Mythos only started as a testbed for hte server architecture for Hellgate then took on a life of its own and was actually coming along really well when flagship went under. Its now being developed by hanbisofts parent company....

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Diablo 3 has been in development for ages now. I highly doubt they copied from anyone.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Guess it had to happen. Now we have the inevitable Diablo clone!! OMG does the sacrilege never end? When will people learn that Blizz invented the genre?

• SonGokulSonGokul Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

Guess it had to happen. Now we have the inevitable Diablo clone!! OMG does the sacrilege never end? When will people learn that Blizz invented the genre?

Cut on the drugs...........