Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just came back since launch, having a blast... a real solid mmo now

2»

Comments

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

Originally posted by dhayes68

Originally posted by finaticd

My question is why during free trials and win backs was there so few I just came back and the game is awesome posts and right after when we know few people are trying the game in comparison, there are three in the past few days?
    So now that the population is at an all time low after the free trials ended and AoC's population dropped 20% everyone thinks the game is so awesome and the people who retried the game and did not stay were wrong.
    My second question is what has changed in the past two weeks, because 2 weeks ago the game was not good enough to capitalize on the free trials?

Damn good question.

Im one of those people.

Downloaded the free trial as nothing more than a stress test of my new rig and card.

Didnt see the game i had read so much about in forums like these. 

Its not a perfect game, but the combat and the ffa pvp is a blast.

Half the servers are packed.

You could try it out, see if you like it, or listen to the forum accounts created solely to troll the aoc forums.

Tried it for 3 months at launch. Used 2 buddy keys since then to check up now and then and just did the vet return. Game is still a POS.

Nonetheless, regardless of your personal experience you didn't address Finaticd's question.

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

I like most of what this game has to offer but asking a melee class to burn 8 buttons to engage in melee combat not counting your abilities and debuffs is where this game fails.  Having to purchase a special mouse to play is an option but I prefer to pick my mice based on how they feel and track not the one with "the most buttons".

If they wanted to make a button mashing wack a mole game Im okay with that too, just let me select my abilities to attack not having to choose  up, down, left, right, upper right, upper, left, lower right, lower left.  Its mildly amusing at first but soon becomes just a nauseous repetive cycle later on,  To do what at the end, HIT your target.

Allot of people left early on because of bugs etc, those people you may get back but so many more left for the lamo melee system, their NOT coming back. Its a shame to drive people away from your product because of a core design element.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by alderdale

I like most of what this game has to offer but asking a melee class to burn 8 buttons to engage in melee combat not counting your abilities and debuffs is where this game fails.  Having to purchase a special mouse to play is an option but I prefer to pick my mice based on how they feel and track not the one with "the most buttons".
    If they wanted to make a button mashing wack a mole game Im okay with that too, just let me select my abilities to attack not having to choose  up, down, left, right, upper right, upper, left, lower right, lower left.  Its mildly amusing at first but soon becomes just a nauseous repetive cycle later on,  To do what at the end, HIT your target.
    Allot of people left early on because of bugs etc, those people you may get back but so many more left for the lamo melee system, their NOT coming back. Its a shame to drive people away from your product because of a core design element.

Eh...its not THAT complicated.

Choose an easyer class to start with, once you get use to it, its like second nature.

The melee systems complexity is what makes this game diffrent, are you suggesting a more simple, wow like melee system perhaps?

I think the melee system is why people DO play the game.  However some would argue that melee isnt overpowerd enough and some classes are a bit complicated.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by eureka105

Originally posted by Kyleran

Can't take the OP seriously if he's giving any game a 9.5/10, especially when comparing it to EVE.
    (based on the "fun factor?")
    Glad to hear the game's doing better, and more than one person seems to agree judging from the 3 threads recently started on this same topic.

You can expect a lot of these kinds of posts as Aion release gets closer and Funcom PR department (aka forum guys) will work around the clock to give us "honest reviews".

Is that why your creating new poll threads and putting it out that you and your fantasy guild are going to Aion? too funny.

Kyleran is right hard to take seriously with such a high score, but taking that away still leaves some valuable and true points.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Can't take the OP seriously if he's giving any game a 9.5/10, especially when comparing it to EVE.
    (based on the "fun factor?")
    Glad to hear the game's doing better, and more than one person seems to agree judging from the 3 threads recently started on this same topic.

I disliked Eve. AoC is nice because the game is casual oriented. I can play AoC for a couple of hours for a break then continue working without worrying about it.