Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prototype or Infamous?

havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

I've played both of these games, and they both share similarities in terms of setting, characters, and gameplay, but I think that Infamous is clearly the better game because it has better graphics and an interesting storyline. I also liked using Cole's electricity powers, especially lightning storm. The graphics in Prototype look disappointing, and the missions seem repetitive.

Comments

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

I dunno which one is better, but the Prototype guy would beat the crap out of the Infamous guy easily.

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

I had both from gamefly and I have to say that I'd go with prototype being the better game imo. I found that inFamous got boring much quicker than Prototype did. I also found the powers in prototype and the story to be cooler than the ones in inFamous.

That's just my two cents on em.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Infamous is the better game, Prototype is good.

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Hades_Warpig

I had both from gamefly and I have to say that I'd go with prototype being the better game imo. I found that prototype got boring much quicker than Prototype did. I also found the powers in prototype and the story to be cooler than the ones in inFamous.

Might want to edit that.  Threw my brain for a small loop there.

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

Originally posted by linren

Originally posted by Hades_Warpig

I had both from gamefly and I have to say that I'd go with prototype being the better game imo. I found that prototype got boring much quicker than Prototype did. I also found the powers in prototype and the story to be cooler than the ones in inFamous.

Might want to edit that.  Threw my brain for a small loop there.

O geez, thanks for poiting that out, lol, lack of sleep was getting to me when I typed it.

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

Prototype is a lot of fun at first, but then dwindles down into more of a mindless game.  The whole gore, zombies and explosions are a great mix, but after you play for a few hours you feel rather empty inside and it becomes repetitive button mashing.  After playing through it once, I traded it in.

InFamous on the other hand is a great looking game, with a strong story and cool character development.  I have played through InFamous three times now and it provides a great deal of replayiblity.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Sunioj

Prototype is a lot of fun at first, but then dwindles down into more of a mindless game.  The whole gore, zombies and explosions are a great mix, but after you play for a few hours you feel rather empty inside and it becomes repetitive button mashing. 

I kinda felt the same way. But further In I started collecting more memories and it started getting real interesting. I think the fun you have in Prototype really depends on the time you spend doing the optional parts. I can't really coment on Infamous, havn't played it. But I can say give prototype a try, the story alone is worth it.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Played both. They are both great games the only reason iNfamous gets the edge is because prototype has a few gameplay flaws that just annoy the hell outta me such as the thing when you dodge they can still hit you. Story wise I give the nod to prototype. Game kept me guessing from the start and the ending made me go WTF OH SHIT. Infamous was rather easy to guess what would happen next. Both of these games are high quality and gems in their own right. If you got a PS3 pick up infamous first if you have a 360 like myself  your basically stuck with only prototype. The only problem that i saw with infamous is that its only on the ps3.

• coldfreedomcoldfreedom Member Posts: 132

prototype sucks. prototype is alot better.. the char looks cooler unstoppable.

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by coldfreedom

wat?

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• AumHybridAumHybrid Member UncommonPosts: 75

Damn straight...

• KrilsterKrilster Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by AumHybrid

Damn straight...

I lol'd a little. Then poo'd.

• Remii718Remii718 Member Posts: 164

As for as characters the Prototype character was way more bad ass.

I liked the game world more in Infamous though and storyline gets edged out my infamous also.

All in all both games were very good.

Luckily I have both.

In choosing the better game I would have to go with Infamous due to a better storyline.

I love Open ended games and both games were pretty awesome.

Playing: WoW, EvE

Interested in: TOR, ER, GW2, WoD, Dust514

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

i never played Infamous, but prototype is fun, actually, its a tad TOO much fun, literally :) 

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

I've played both as well, and although I agree with some of the storyline pros and cons between the two that others have pointed out, I felt like Infamous was more of a one-trick pony;  sure, different electrical powers, but they're all electrical.

Prototype gave you different abilities that served different purposes, and I enjoyed experimenting with the variety of ways I could deal with situations a bit more than the electrical this or that of Infamous.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies