Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sith Warrior! Wewt!

I read the descriptions and concluded that the Sith Warrior is a Tank OR DPS. I assume they can be specced into either. It says on the website they they can dual wield and use aggression.. etc.. to defeat their foe's. But they can also don heavy armor to absorb damage.

Definitely the Imperial tanks. Who the hell is healing?!

Comments

• VolatileManVolatileMan Member Posts: 45

Hey here's a thought, hopefully Bioware is thinking OUTSIDE side the box (something the OP may not be able to do) and is actually avoiding the craptacular trinity.

Jimminy Crickets doesnt anybody have any imagination left?

Honestly I hate the kiddie mentality of the trinty (in MMO games). We can put a man on the moon, can't we (please) come up with something more dynamic than this crappy system/mentaility.

just my $.02

• demalusdemalus Member Posts: 401

It's so lame to think in terms of DPS, Tank, Heal, etc. when talking about a Star Wars game :/

Hopefully they avoided doing this overtly.

• KupoKupopoKupoKupopo Member Posts: 189

Well, I don't know if they are going to focus on traditional  "tanking" or "DPS" but I actually really like the idea that you can "spec" your class in different ways.  I think it would be great if you can choose to spec your sith to be more focused on offense, defense or somewhere in between. 

And I certainly hope they do this for all classes but not necessarily just for offense or defense.  Maybe smuggler can be spec'd for stealth or accuracy for example.  There's nothing wrong with more choices and I think it would get boring if every single bounty hunter, trooper or any other class was exactly the same.

As long as I am in the Sith Warrior thread... something has been on my mind a lot lately.

As we all saw in the video, you can dual wield lightsabers. I think that is a great option but I hope they make it where if you are dual wielding, you are unable to do abilities that require a free hand such as the force choke.

I like the idea of having a tough choice to make deciding on pure offensive DPS or sacrifice that for a bit more utility. Otherwise, I'm afraid, everyone and their mother will be running around with two lightsabers. Not that I'm hating on that but I would like to see a bit more diversity (hopefully some Darth Maul staffs as well).

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by VolatileMan

Hey here's a thought, hopefully Bioware is thinking OUTSIDE side the box (something the OP may not be able to do) and is actually avoiding the craptacular trinity.
    Jimminy Crickets doesnt anybody have any imagination left?
    Honestly I hate the kiddie mentality of the trinty (in MMO games). We can put a man on the moon, can't we (please) come up with something more dynamic than this crappy system/mentaility.
    just my $.02

I hope you're right, because (and I hate to say it), but the sith warrior reminded me an awful lot like the warrior from WoW (and no, i'm not a WoW fanboy, nor was it my first MMO).

The bounty hunter could go in multiple direction, but looks like a fairly standard RDPS class.

The smuggler is really the most unique class I saw in terms of mechanics, thus far. However, it did seem to play a lot like a rogue class, but with medium ranged attacked mixed in with close combat (as makes sense in the SW universe).

I bring this up, because while I hope they are trying to avoid the trinity, the jedi would be a VERY fitting class to put incharge of healing. They could play like a paladin (because they have a mixture of combat training, and restorative abilities), plus it is within their general nature to want to heal and protect. It is for this reason that it's hard to tell if they are trying to take the classic trinity and make a unique spin on it for the SW universe, or if they are trying something all-together new, and are trying to avoid the trinity by making truly versatile classes that can fulfill any number of rolls (including, but going further than the trinity).

Just something to think about.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Xyfire1

I read the descriptions and concluded that the Sith Warrior is a Tank OR DPS. I assume they can be specced into either. It says on the website they they can dual wield and use aggression.. etc.. to defeat their foe's. But they can also don heavy armor to absorb damage.

I don't think there is any healing. I watch some gameplay video (the mission on the star ship) and it is all dps/tanking and no healing.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

I don't think there is any healing. I watch some gameplay video (the mission on the star ship) and it is all dps/tanking and no healing.

I'm pretty sure they were in "God Mode" for that video since it was just a demonstration.  I wouldn't be surprised if you need a full party for that part when the game actually comes out.

• PunkrePunkre Member Posts: 92

What is interesting is how they called it "Sith Warrior," meaning that their are multiple types of Sith possibilities, they could of just stated it was a Sith and not given it a specific type. Hopefully this means their will be a Sith "caster." Considering that their is only 4 classes per side this would seem to state that each class would need multiple paths.

Only thing im a little worried about is how the Sith "leap" is very WoW Warrior charge like, that and the game looks like from the Mission with the BH / Sith War to be very basic in strategy as a beat em up game since each character was taking pitiful amount of dmg at any given time.

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

The leap is literaly like the force leap move thingie from the kotor single player game's i dout they thought of it in terms of wow's warrior move's. I think bioware are really bringing some new idea's out with this game it seems like pve / story heaven so far =)

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

Wewt!?

more like YAWN!

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by KupoKupopo

Originally posted by nariusseldon

I'm pretty sure they were in "God Mode" for that video since it was just a demonstration.  I wouldn't be surprised if you need a full party for that part when the game actually comes out.

They were not in "God mode"

They were however much higher level than the opponents. Both the players (the BH and the Sith) were level 10. The attack droids were level 5 and the final "boss" the Jedi was level 8.

So not in god mode .. just way over-level'd for the content they were showing.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

So far most games I've played that haven't had the "trinity" had self sufficient characters and groups were just a dps fest.

I'd say that's probably no better than assigned roles.

How was healing handled in the Kotor?

• DexterGrifDexterGrif Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by neoterrar

So far most games I've played that haven't had the "trinity" had self sufficient characters and groups were just a dps fest.
    I'd say that's probably no better than assigned roles.

How was healing handled in the Kotor?

There was Force Heal, but thats angled more towards lightside characters. This game for all we know could involve carrying medkits to heal and the use of stims, like in KoTOR aswell.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

As long as I am in the Sith Warrior thread... something has been on my mind a lot lately.
    As we all saw in the video, you can dual wield lightsabers. I think that is a great option but I hope they make it where if you are dual wielding, you are unable to do abilities that require a free hand such as the force choke.
    I like the idea of having a tough choice to make deciding on pure offensive DPS or sacrifice that for a bit more utility. Otherwise, I'm afraid, everyone and their mother will be running around with two lightsabers. Not that I'm hating on that but I would like to see a bit more diversity (hopefully some Darth Maul staffs as well).

Sorry, I've seen screenshots of a DW Sith Force Choking a Jedi. Of course for the life of me now I can't find that pic (I saw it yesterday). Bleh.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Maybe they will have a "pet" class like a droid engineer/commander with possibilty to spec healing. Or a Sith "Elder" or some such thing who can spec healing.

But I have to say, "iconic" classes, yikes! This game is looking so unappealing with the narrow class choices and everything. The following here seem to be huge, but I for one is turned off more and more, the more I see.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Bioware have stated that there will be no healing classes and that every class will have the ability to heal themselves.

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

Wewt!?
    more like YAWN!

That was my thought as well. I wish it wasn't the case but all I saw was a WoW Warrior with a Lightsaber...which even that isn't all that special seeing you can make your sword glow red in WoW too.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Why can't you drop or throw your lightsaber, force choke/lightning and then summon it back in your hand using the force?

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by mbd1968
    Why can't you drop or throw your lightsaber, force choke/lightning and then summon it back in your hand using the force?

In the screenshot I saw the Sith was just using 2 fingers which he'd taken off the hilt of his second lightsaber to choke the life out of the Jedi. Honestly it was pretty badass.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Draccan

But I have to say, "iconic" classes, yikes! This game is looking so unappealing with the narrow class choices and everything. The following here seem to be huge, but I for one is turned off more and more, the more I see.

Because we all know that if the class "Moisture Farmer" was announced people would be lining up!

Serious now, if the game is SO unappealing why are you here? Are you holding out to see the last three classes in desprate faith to play as a nobody in a MMO. They already said once the game is about taking on a iconic role.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by AlienShirt

That was my thought as well. I wish it wasn't the case but all I saw was a WoW Warrior with a Lightsaber...which even that isn't all that special seeing you can make your sword glow red in WoW too.

I'm assuming you're thinking,

A) He was using a 1 handed melee weapon

B) He used a leaping "Charge" ability

C) WOW CLONE WOW CLONE WOW CLONE

D) All of the above.

D? It's always easy to spot people that never actually played Kotor. If I recall the jedi had a aerial charge ability. But everybody knows, every MMO to feature a melee class charging a enemy riped off WoW.

PS. Lol @ the red enchant refrence. Considering Star Wars was around first with glowy wackbats doesnt that mean WoW ripped off SW?

• unimatrix8unimatrix8 Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by greed0104

D) All of the above.

D? It's always easy to spot people that never actually played Kotor. If I recall the jedi had a aerial charge ability. But everybody knows, every MMO to feature a melee class charging a enemy riped off WoW.

PS. Lol @ the red enchant refrence. Considering Star Wars was around first with glowy wackbats doesnt that mean WoW ripped off SW?

To be honest WoW ripped off everybody, and they still do

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Analogy time....MMOs and games in general are like music. There are a finite amount of pleasant variations and it's all how you arrange them.

Anyways..I know I'm definitely playing this game, clone or not.

Originally posted by mbd1968

Why can't you stay behind cover and send your lightsaber into a room to attack all of the enemies while you are safely away from the battle?  I recall Luke did something like that in one of the "Dark Force Rising" books.  Maybe because it would not be that fun from a gameplay standpoint...

I never said it would be unrealistic if you can dual wield and force choke at the same time.  I just thought, purely from a gameplay point of view, it would be interesting to let players choose a build that was more DPS based or more utility based.  I prefer games to have tough choices like that instead of allowing you to be "uber" at everything.  But I can totally understand why there are people who would want to have a dual wielding Sith who can force choke.  I'm just not one of them.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by unimatrix8

Originally posted by greed0104

D) All of the above.

To be honest WoW ripped off everybody, and they still do

They said when they launched the game; we took a look around at what other MMO's were doing and saw what people liked, and put that together.  Obviously it worked for them.  Not a bad strategy, skim the best (or at least most popular) and bring it all together.  More games should do this, not all games, just more games, we still need innovative titles to develop new ideas for the skimmers to use, but at the end of the day, as long as they make a decent game that is fun to play, I could care less how they got the idea.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.