Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Open Beta Client Available for Download!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Open Beta for Aion won't begin until September 6th, but that doesn't mean you can't be prepared. As such, NCsoft have made the open beta client available in advance so you can be all ready to go once the big day comes!

The client is available through a number of distributors and methods. You can grab it over at FilePlanet, or later this week at GamersHell. Also, NCsoft has made available a torrent download and patch for those interested in going the P2P (peer to peer!) route.

The official announcement can be viewed here.

Comments

• akatntakatnt Member Posts: 23

Some great info there man going to start downloading mine right now. Thank you

3 GB just for patch, I take it full client will be 7-10 GB then.

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Well man, I gonna do the download this nite as well, although I dont believe in tis game,  I wanna have a true conclusion about.

Go to hell!

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Is this an OPEN beta or is it for pre-orders only?

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Originally posted by akatnt

No nothing even close to that high..

• Xyfire1Xyfire1 Member Posts: 128

I've been hearing that this open-beta is only for pre-orders and FilePlanet subscribers. That doesn't make any sense, as it is an open beta. I finished my download but I would like a confirmation on whether or not this is a completely open beta. Then again, I'm probably going to pre-order it before the OB anyway... Just what I need, another MMO destroying another year of academics :p

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by minocin

From the sounds of it, a true open beta, but I am honestly not 100% sure.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Xyfire1

I've been hearing that this open-beta is only for pre-orders and FilePlanet subscribers. That doesn't make any sense, as it is an open beta. I finished my download but I would like a confirmation on whether or not this is a completely open beta. Then again, I'm probably going to pre-order it before the OB anyway... Just what I need, another MMO destroying another year of academics :p

This is correct, unless you are a pre-order or a fileplanet subscriber, you can not play.

• Xyfire1Xyfire1 Member Posts: 128

The full client is 9.5gb

• ak282ak282 Member Posts: 21

Is the open beta going to be 1.5 or whatever the newest version of the game is?

• mafia514mafia514 Member Posts: 148

Well i already downloaded the game and installed it i pre-ordred it about 4-5 days ago and i downloaded it throught the NCsoft luncher total size of installed game is 8.28 gb but i do remembre downloading only 5.5gb anywyaz this is it cant wait until the 6th septembre

• LumsterLumster Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Superman0X

Originally posted by Xyfire1

This is correct, unless you are a pre-order or a fileplanet subscriber, you can not play.

Wow sounds like a true OPEN beta to me *-.-

• Pawpower1995Pawpower1995 Member Posts: 23

Well that just turned me off.  I was thinking of looking at this game, but if you have "pay" for the open beta, not going to do it.  Good luck with your game experience.

Daviar Killsway
    Smuggler for hire

Looking for a guild in SWTOR

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

Do I have to reinstall the client if I participated in Closed Beta, or can I simply launch the NCsoft launcher and let it do its thing?

• Zinger187Zinger187 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Stellus

Do I have to reinstall the client if I participated in Closed Beta, or can I simply launch the NCsoft launcher and let it do its thing?

The launcher will do it for you when you open it. Did mine last night. After 18 hours its only 30% xD huge file man. Cant wait to play

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

this patch is 3gigs!11!  what the heck? I wanna see these patch notes.. i might be done reading them by headstart time lol

• akatntakatnt Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Zeblade

Originally posted by akatnt

No nothing even close to that high..

Full cleint is 9.5 GB and my upgrade just patch is 3 GB but speeds for both are nice so won't take that long.

• GozerTCGozerTC Member UncommonPosts: 119

Oh for frack's sake.  Why does NC soft have to play so many games to play in a friggin BETA?!  Seriously?  I'm sorry I'm not paying money to beta TEST your friggin game.  Because if I do pay I can't get my money back if I think it sucks.  

So yeah unless they remove this bloody Pay Beta program fixed I saw screw them. 

Current Game: Asssasins Creed 2(PS3, Gamer Tag: Happy_Hubby)
    Current MMO: World of Warcraft and World of Tanks
    Former Subscribed MMO: Star Trek Online, Aion, WoW, Guild Wars, Eve Online, DAoC, City of Heroes, Shattered Galaxy, 10six.
    Tried: Too many to list

• OutlawfencerOutlawfencer Member Posts: 10

Launch is getting closer! 

Woo!

• KaryuudoKaryuudo Member Posts: 4

I just preordered and downloaded the full cient, do I still have to download the open beta client for me to be able to play on sept 6?

• FeccuFeccu Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by minocin

It is for those who preordered ja prepurchased the game. Though FilePlanet is giving out free open beta keys starting at 1st of September so if you haven't bought you try to get key from there.

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

you need a key to play it. at the moment, you have to pay for a key lol, what a negative impression. phishing.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I heard there are other sites giving out keys as well. Although I don't know which ones.

This kind of sucks, I'm not going to preorder this game, but would really like to test out what improvements have been made with the new patch.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

well i dont know about everyone else but my client size is 18 gig and its apprently been doing something while im asleep cuz it will keep popping up with ready to play so idk but im downloading the patch anyway just to be safe

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Yipee yet another EQ clone with shitty point and clicky combat. Just what we needed !

When are people going stop buying into the crap that the games companies are putting out.

• FadeToBlack3FadeToBlack3 Member Posts: 89

Yep, this is going to be 1.5 for the open beta.

Wolfenpride: <--Giant fucking sword syndrome.

Probably cause im trying to compensate for miniscule manhood.