Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

going back to wow butwith a fresh new account!

ppsykeppsyke Member Posts: 39

i haven't played since about 4 months after Wotlk came out.. by then had allready had a lvl 80 and done most of the raids.

the content was not enough for me :(

but since then i have been jumping from one mmo to another all good in some ways but ultimatly none as good as wow :(

but when i left i gave my account to an RL friend who has since merged it with his current account so no more charcs for me

i am currently waiting til i get paid before i buy all the games again.

would it be best for me to get a mate to recruit me so i ding alot or shold i go with a completly fresh start ?

what would you suggest ?

"waddle Waddle"

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

I'd suggest Recruit a Friend unless you actually like leveling in this game. And music/tv to drown out the boredom of leveling, again. Or you could wait for the next xpac and get a "fresh" leveling expereince.....

• TolandToland Member CommonPosts: 38

If you have fun lvling low characters again then hey enjoy.. but i am gonna say this if you was bored with it back then... your gonna be bored with it now... and even if they come out with a new expansion... it will get your attention probably the same WotLK did then you will be bored...

also on a side note... no games as good as WoW? Where the heck have you been looking... seesh there are tons of games better then WoW -.-;

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Low toons are a lot of fun in WoW.  I'd get a buddy to hook you up with gold (economy is terrible these days), and have fun with it.  After playing BC and LK, Vanilla is a pleasant change.  Try zones you didn't spend a lot of time in.

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Toland

also on a side note... no games as good as WoW? Where the heck have you been looking... seesh there are tons of games better then WoW -.-;

I agree, but you can't dispute his opinion on it.

Anyways, OP, Toland may have a point if WOTLK seriously bored you in a few short months It may happen again, thus being more wasted money. My best suggestion would be to wait for Cata. and then give it a shot or watch a friend. I canceled my sub, I'll wait and see how cata turns out and go from there.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by ppsyke

i haven't played since about 4 months after Wotlk came out.. by then had allready had a lvl 80 and done most of the raids.
    but since then i have been jumping from one mmo to another all good in some ways but ultimatly none as good as wow :(
    but when i left i gave my account to an RL friend who has since merged it with his current account so no more charcs for me
    would it be best for me to get a mate to recruit me so i ding alot or shold i go with a completly fresh start ?

what would you suggest ?

What other games did you try before going back to WOW? Must have been some really crappy ones as I can name several that are way better than wow well 2 anyways (Vanguard and EVE if you have a brain that is...)

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Wrender

Originally posted by ppsyke

what would you suggest ?

What other games did you try before going back to WOW? Must have been some really crappy ones as I can name several that are way better than wow well 2 anyways (Vanguard and EVE if you have a brain that is...)

..... Oh boy.....

well take my pick: EQ1/2, DAoC (too late I admit), Vanguard (perhaps too early), Lotro, D&D on line, Tabula Rasa (pigs in space), EVE (far too boring and fixed seats), Aoc, War and a whole lot of other ftp crap.

Seeing the features in WOW3.3now and even announced ones and if I would need to look back at what I saw in those games....

The choice to stay with WOW is VERY easy dude.

The feeling in looking back to the list above .....is horrible. Pure waste of time, money, effort and except for the first 15 levels in Lotro and ... well say 22 in AoC (not even counting the zillion bugs and loading screens), I didn't enjoy it for a minute.

Oh I forgot: Pirates of the Burning Sea, at least I had some fun in some sea battles (but the land quests were ....).

Biggest turd was War of course. Mark Jacobs. Who would want to buy a second hand car from that man ?

------

But hey I will never use the word "hate" on even the biggest fails. I only watch the Xfire trends and never look back in their forums .....like all those WOW haters over here :)))

Does nt xfire only actually measure what xfire users play ? From what i ve read about it in these forums and on the internet there is some question as to its accuracy . Can you prove the numbers of warcraft players that use it ? as say opposed to Lord of the Rings ? Without that its a little like an opinion poll in a safe political area .Why also do you think someone that offers any kind of criticsm of Blizzard is a WoWhater as you put it . The two are not the same . Some people can enjoy the game but still find that they dont like the way Blizzard run it .

to the OP Catclysm will most likly be released in Q4 of 2010 .It could even be Q1 of 2011 if it follow the Burning Crusades expample . I do agree that when its released would be the ideal time to try Warcraft again though . Thats if your not happy in another game by that point . My advice to you is to try Aion or Champions in the next year which is what i m planning to do . Then if Cataclysm really is the revamp we all hope it is then try Warcraft again in 12-18 months time . If its not you may find theres better options elsewhere .There plenty of other mmorpgs with potential being released around the same time .

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

If you just want to lvl fast, make an account and refer yourself. Then 2 box your way to 60 in 2-3 weeks of casual play time. Then 60-70 in outlands is super fast now. Or you could just stay way away from WoW and wait till the xpac comes out in a year and a half and try a revamped game for a really fresh start.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

Originally posted by googajoob7

..... Oh boy.....
    well take my pick: EQ1/2, DAoC (too late I admit), Vanguard (perhaps too early), Lotro, D&D on line, Tabula Rasa (pigs in space), EVE (far too boring and fixed seats), Aoc, War and a whole lot of other ftp crap.
    Seeing the features in WOW3.3now and even announced ones and if I would need to look back at what I saw in those games....
    The choice to stay with WOW is VERY easy dude.
    The feeling in looking back to the list above .....is horrible. Pure waste of time, money, effort and except for the first 15 levels in Lotro and ... well say 22 in AoC (not even counting the zillion bugs and loading screens), I didn't enjoy it for a minute.
    Oh I forgot: Pirates of the Burning Sea, at least I had some fun in some sea battles (but the land quests were ....).
    Biggest turd was War of course. Mark Jacobs. Who would want to buy a second hand car from that man ?
    ------
    But hey I will never use the word "hate" on even the biggest fails. I only watch the Xfire trends and never look back in their forums .....like all those WOW haters over here :)))

Does nt xfire only actually measure what xfire users play ? From what i ve read about it in these forums and on the internet there is some question as to its accuracy . Can you prove the numbers of warcraft players that use it ? as say opposed to Lord of the Rings ? Without that its a little like an opinion poll in a safe political area .Why also do you think someone that offers any kind of criticsm of Blizzard is a WoWhater as you put it . The two are not the same . Some people can enjoy the game but still find that they dont like the way Blizzard run it .

to the OP Catclysm will most likly be released in Q4 of 2010 .It could even be Q1 of 2011 if it follow the Burning Crusades expample . I do agree that when its released would be the ideal time to try Warcraft again though . Thats if your not happy in another game by that point . My advice to you is to try Aion or Champions in the next year which is what i m planning to do . Then if Cataclysm really is the revamp we all hope it is then try Warcraft again in 12-18 months time . If its not you may find theres better options elsewhere .There plenty of other mmorpgs with potential being released around the same time .

I guess Googa has a daily job to call to arms for the Korean copycat in these WOW forums (it is the third one in a day I found).

But nevertheless I 'll reply once more to his question:

Xfire is sampled 24Hr/7D with 200K to 300K players on line. That means a changing random total number of 1.500.000 western based (english) players in PC land.

These guys don't live on Mars - as can be seen from ANY launch. be it beta or stores. Just look at the latest Champions launch.

With such an extreme huge on line sampling tool for PC players I don't need to do anything.

I just sit and watch.... and see the trends.

We'll discuss the stats within 3 months and then I give you the exact sub numbers (within a 2.5% accuracy) MONTHS before they are being made public. Western subs of course. Ask Mark JAcobs how I did it with War (and AoC)....

Here are the current figures for our NA/EU/AU figures

WOW: 5.5M

EVE: 300 K

Lotro: 180K

War : 110K

AoC: 80K (approx "confirmed" by their newest financial quarter results btw)

Projected retail launch of Aion: around 400K, projected retail launch of Champions around 300K (tx to number of Beta players seen on Xfire stats).

As the initial launch sales with free play are to be replaced with the subscriptions  within 30 to 60 days, I predict a 150K player base maximum after 3 to 6 months. Just be prepared to the downward trends after 4 weeks of play.

----------As to your second question (remark) -----------

Perhaps you HOPE Cat will only be released in 2011. You forget that a LOT of the features in Cat already were implementated in the last weeks (dual specs, leveling through PvP, gear changer, extreme boost of heroic dungeon play) ... AND in the next 3.3 patch (multi clustered dungeon servers boost, attacks on old Azeroth).

So you may hope, but helas the 1200lbs gorilla is already on its way in present day patches. :)))

Exciting times ahead.

I m simply going by past time frames between expansion packs . Its highly unlkly that a new one will be ready for at least another year . Although given this expansion does nt expand on the game in the way the previous two did maybe it wont take as much time .If they rush it the resulting mess could do more harm than good . As to Aion i dont need to do a daily call to arms plenty of people want to try it . You see unlike you most people dont have fanatical loyalty to a game . They like to at least try new things . If i dont like Aion i ll quit it but at least i ll have tried it before making any criticsms . Thats the difference between me and you I approach things in a mature fashion . It may also be the reason i m less likly to be hard core WoW fan . Thats not saying i hate the game i m just a little bored with it . I ll still play it now and again but i dont see any point in staying in it for years at a time anymore . This is because Blizzard makes everything i achieve in the previous two years redundant with every expac . 

Those figure by the way arnt accurate untill Blizzard release the subs officially ( that means on thier website as they have in the past ) we wont know what its current status is . Thats just a simple fact .