Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soul of the Ultimate Nation (S.U.N. for short) closed beta has begun

hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well i was going to try the beta..But when i was reading through the web page..I came upon this little perk..I wonder how this is going to pan out.. Oh well any way, here the web page...    sun.ijji.com/index.nhn

Fatigue Display

The fatigue display box shows the time the player has been logged into the game since the latest logging in. As the play time consumed is accumulated the grey bar increases.

Fatigue is effective only during hunting monsters (Field/Mission/Hunting modes) and after 12 hours has been consumed (The box is completely filled), no more experience points will be given. Fatigue is reset every 00:00 a.m. every day.

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

Comments

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Interesting, I would never play more then 12 hours a day anyway. At least now I wouldn't have to push myself to level too much if I had to.

• RhadocRhadoc Member Posts: 40

I believe 12 hours is more than enought :D

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

It's a good idea It prevents botters from powerlvl

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135

Awesome idea , 12 hours is ample for anyone.

• pyr0mancerpyr0mancer Member Posts: 12

Sure, more than enough if you're in a convenient timezone. For my time zone, the play time is from 0:00-8am, which means that if I want to play this, i have to give up sleeping for the night. Pretty sweet eh? And it's 8 hours, not twelve, check it on their site. 2pm-10pm PDT.

• SkarmonyxSkarmonyx Member Posts: 16

Peaked my interest until i realised it was being hosted by ijji.

Ahhh Ijji home to a thousand trolls, A lot of anti europeans there so i think I'll pass on this one.

For anyone interested

USA , Mexico, Canada and the UK can play Ijji's version

Everyone else will have to wait for Webzens version.  And even though im from the UK im going to use a proxy to play the latter, that much american Self-richeous attitudes on Ijji make even me sick, i feel sorry for the few decent people there.

Edit: Looks like UK people are region blocked for now anyway. Cant say its a shame, maybe if enough of us contact webzen we can get UK added to their list of regions instead, i mean we are part of europe after all.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Setting limits on how long people can play. What a great commie idea.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Skarmonyx

Ahhh Ijji home to a thousand trolls, A lot of anti europeans there so i think I'll pass on this one.
    For anyone interested

Everyone else will have to wait for Webzens version.  And even though im from the UK im going to use a proxy to play the latter, that much american Self-richeous attitudes on Ijji make even me sick, i feel sorry for the few decent people there.

Edit: Looks like UK people are region blocked for now anyway. Cant say its a shame, maybe if enough of us contact webzen we can get UK added to their list of regions instead, i mean we are part of europe after all.

Self-richeous? Perhaps self-righteous. Listen to yourself, you're not making yourself look any better. You make europeans look bad.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    The following regions are supported to play S.U.N. on ijji.com:

-United States

-Canada

-Mexico

-The United Kingdom

If you are outside any of the above mentioned regions, you will not be able to access SUN on ijji.com. This is due to ijji's current contract with webzen for S.U.N. specifically. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ALL ABOARD THE FAILBOAT!

• MorhavikMorhavik Member UncommonPosts: 11

Sorry to hear that you guys can't play it.  IT ROCKS, very sweet game!

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Is it really good? I remember seeing trailers of this back in like 2003 or something.

• MorhavikMorhavik Member UncommonPosts: 11

I think it is.  Real easy to level too, right now anyway.  I"m sure they'll fix it.  I played for about 6 hours off and on, and got to lvl 17.  I didn't relly get in parties either.  The PT system seems a little broken right now.  If you get in a party, don't die or switch areas, then back, it kicks you out of party.  Anyway, the graphics are good, interesting skill building, and adjustable stat build.  Once it goes OB I'll definately be playing it.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Hmm guess I'll give it a try eventually if I'm still unable to find something to play ^^

• SkarmonyxSkarmonyx Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Corrupted

Originally posted by Skarmonyx

For anyone interested

Self-richeous? Perhaps self-righteous. Listen to yourself, you're not making yourself look any better. You make europeans look bad.

Thats just plain silly, i speak for myself not the whole of europe. I just posted my concerns over the small minority of trolls that use personal insults, Though there are a lot of decent people there i recognise from onrpg.

And as for being self-righteous,Yes i am, especially when such comments as THIS appeared out of nowhere on ijji's message board. If Being self-righteous means i dont tolerate that kind of behaviour and warn people of what to expect from that place then so be it.

2 minutes was more than enough browsing to know theres somthing wrong with the moderation there.

I just got it downloaded tonite and had about 30 minutes of game-play when the server went down. I'm actually liking it and i'm a REALLY picky person, I usually uninstall a game the first 10 minutes if something just doesn't feel right. From what i've seen, it's more like Guild Wars with Instances I think, i'm not 100% sure, anyone correct me if i'm wrong.

The controls are WASD but one thing kinda annoys me, you can't turn standing still, you can only turn while moving forward, which is weird...or i'm just retarded, and you can't turn with the mouse, only A & D. It may sound like a very minor annoyance but it's not truthfully lol Hopefully they will fix this during/after beta but I won't hold my breath.

This game is definitely worth a try.

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

I just got it downloaded tonite and had about 30 minutes of game-play when the server went down. I'm actually liking it and i'm a REALLY picky person, I usually uninstall a game the first 10 minutes if something just doesn't feel right. From what i've seen, it's more like Guild Wars with Instances I think, i'm not 100% sure, anyone correct me if i'm wrong.
    The controls are WASD but one thing kinda annoys me, you can't turn standing still, you can only turn while moving forward, which is weird...or i'm just retarded, and you can't turn with the mouse, only A & D. It may sound like a very minor annoyance but it's not truthfully lol Hopefully they will fix this during/after beta but I won't hold my breath.
    This game is definitely worth a try.

You are wrong with this, you can turn with the mouse when you hold the left click down instead of the right click.

Other than that I agree with you, this game is pretty unique, have some paths where you actually have to jump to get across and all that, its a pretty unique mmorpg and I hope that it will improve in OB and release!!

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

And servers went down because they are only up from 2pm to 10pm PDT from Aug 27 to Sept 1st..so log in early for more time ;)

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Nothing you named is unique to MMOs , sorry. Too bad most of europe can't play the game lol. Guess it will be a long while before another company gets the rights to a Euro release .

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

you can also turn using the arrow keys, iirc.

Despite it being closed beta (i think) you don't need a key or to get approved.

Also it's been out in asia for a year or two, so it's just localization I'd assume.

Good fun considering its free.

Yeah, I was actually watching for this game (and Huxley) a year or 2 ago but then I came across some news somewhere that both of these games weren't going to make it over here (US) so I gave up on it. I also know that there are server times, it's 5pm - 1am for me, eastern standard time.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

You can see the videos on youtube to check out how ultimately awesome this game is.  Just keep in mind it's in closed beta... the people who keep whining about the time limits etc. are more than a little annoying 8 )

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• vinnygvinnyg Member UncommonPosts: 41

Yes very fun game,it will be up in 2 hours,(5pm EST=2pm PST)Cant wait to give it another go,got to play last night for around 2 hours,it feels alot diff. then what ive been trying lately and deff. seems alot more fun as well.Looking forward to testing it out some more.Heres a link if anyones interested in trying it out tonight. http://sun.ijji.com/index.nhn

BTW the graphics are very impressive,the screen shots do it no justice as i believe they are scaled down in quality when taken.

This game has great potential, i'm hooked! It's definitely a fun game with plenty of quests! I got to level 23 without grinding! Unfortuantely they are reseting the database (wiping) tomorrow and today's the last day of closed beta. If you still haven't tried it, i'd recommend you do.

Open beta has not been announced yet.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

This game has great potential, i'm hooked! It's definitely a fun game with plenty of quests! I got to level 23 without grinding! Unfortuantely they are reseting the database (wiping) tomorrow and today's the last day of closed beta. If you still haven't tried it, i'd recommend you do.

It's nice to know that people have actually played it!

It's been so long that i was beginning to think it was vaporware.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • vinnygvinnyg Member UncommonPosts: 41

I think it will be up tomm. as well,not positive,hopefully ob isnt to far off.