Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else want info on playable races

2»

Comments

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by storyless
    Has there been any indication at all that any other race except human will be playable?
    Given Bioware's track record with Kotor and Mass Effect, I think it's almost guaranteed that other species will not be playable. For a start, it would mean that start-to-finish voice tracks would have to be created for each player race option (plus their female variant).

It must take years of dedication to have the ability to be entirely oblivious to a post earlier in the thread that you're replying to that completely contradicts your rather ignorant opinion.

That my friend is a skill. Nurture it. Level it up. Preferably not here.

P.S. Dragon Age Origins, a Bioware RPG that will be released in 2 short months has a multitude of playable non-human races (GASP!).

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

Originally posted by storyless

Has there been any indication at all that any other race except human will be playable?
    Given Bioware's track record with Kotor and Mass Effect, I think it's almost guaranteed that other species will not be playable. For a start, it would mean that start-to-finish voice tracks would have to be created for each player race option (plus their female variant).

Hmm, never thought about the voices of other species being needed. If they do, hopefully they can use more clever accents than GL..God love him.

Would you rather hear the actual language being spoken and reading the subtitles, or would you rather it all be in the same language(english, french, ect..) with strong accents? I think id rather read the subtitles...but it's hard to say without experiencing both. Honestly though voices are cool, not a big deal either way for me. Good for the KOTOR only fans making their way to the MMO scene i guess.

In a couple of bioware games, a few of the characters really got on my nerves. Thats a good thing though. Good writing if they can draw any emotion at all from me via NPC's. One game i replayed just to kill one of my group members I grew to hate, because it gave you the choice to save em or kill/let them die when you first met them. Turned out no matter what you picked they still ended up in your group. I was kinda pissed.

In

this

clip there's an alien NPC that talks in his own language and there's subtitles.