Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Child Friendly?

DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41

Hello.

I am reviewing this game for my 10 year old son who wants to play.

Is this game child friendly? Is there open chatting or protected chat like in Toontown/etc?

TY!

Comments

• Kills4FunKills4Fun Member Posts: 14

as a lvl 77bp yes this game is friendly there r no predators that u think there are in this game if thats wat ur thinking. Every1 is somewhat friendly like some give free p-lvls and stuff like that.

• bimhobimho Member Posts: 10

I could say that this game is child friendly except for the PKs. About the chat filters, there are still some things that can pass through the system if they use special characters.

• TrucidationTrucidation Member Posts: 86

Let's not mislead him. It's NOT child-friendly; as in there's no filter expressly for that purpose. Just because you guys didn't meet foulmouthed dickheads doesn't mean they don't exist. Chat is totally open.

Yes, there is a filter. It's only a word filter though, and a pretty poor one at that. I can easily type "fock yo momma u retarted sonofabeech". I wouldn't rely on it to protect a kid from someone intent on spewing verbal garbage. It's just the standard weak filter put in place in many other grind games. And guess what? You can't ignore or block other players. So some asshat could stalk you spamming "sukk mi kok plz" all day. And since there's exactly 0% chance of a GM being around when you need one, people get away with mouthing off all the time.

There are better games, with more engaging environments and stories. If you've played a grindfest, Flyff is simply more of the same, just with a different look.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• Zackary13Zackary13 Member Posts: 13

I've been playing since i was about 12 or so, im 15 now personally i find it just as child friendly as anything else the child will be going into, its an online world most people are nice but there are some people who aren't, there isn't much swearing (unless your around me =P but even then i only swear to my friends in real life) there is the occasional [bad words =D] who like to start fights, but they aren't around much and even then provided the ten year old doesn't say anything theres no way for a fight to start

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Its quiet a freindly game, colourful and apealing to kids I should imagine. However as has been mentioned, the chat filter isn't that great and to be honest it's very far from the most entertaing game out there,though the flying is quiet cool. I recomend Wizard 101 or Free realms, vastly superia games and very child freindly.

• AlaonFrostAlaonFrost Member Posts: 3

While FlyFF is a good game for most it's more (I feel) Intended for 12-13+