Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server recommendation

I just finished downloading the US Client of DAOC. Would you guys recommend any server for a starter? Perhaps you guys could tell me the most populated server. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

camelotherald.com/news/index.php

Population info on the right, enjoy

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

There is going to be a cluster of all servers soon called Ywain. You could start on any server/cluster as is now it won t matter down the road. The Devon cluster is the most populated pre cluster though. If you just want to level up and not to worried about grouping pre cluster then any is fine. The game will be changing a little after cluster but way. Have fun.

• RadagacucaRadagacuca Member Posts: 2

Thanks for info fellas :)

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293

so i take it all of you play DAOC?  and what do you think of it, im still deciding about doing the free trial.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

this game came out before WoW, and still is the best imo. If it had a bigger population I would definately still play it, but since they are going to cluster all servers into one, It might be a good idea to play again. If I can get my IRL friends to start a character on there I would reactivate in a heartbeat

Edit: The game is divided into 3 realms and has the best pvp out there in terms of battlegrounds/keep raids.

Originally posted by falc0n

this game came out before WoW, and still is the best imo. If it had a bigger population I would definately still play it, but since they are going to cluster all servers into one, It might be a good idea to play again. If I can get my IRL friends to start a character on there I would reactivate in a heartbeat

Edit: The game is divided into 3 realms and has the best pvp out there in terms of battlegrounds/keep raids.

well im deffinately giving it a go im DLing the 14 day free trial right now.

Originally posted by Radagacuca

I just finished downloading the US Client of DAOC. Would you guys recommend any server for a starter? Perhaps you guys could tell me the most populated server. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

im gonna join the Kay server.

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

A a former player, I can say that the game was fantastic back when I played, at launch and for a few years after.  I really wanted Warhammer Online to be as good or better, but with only two factions (Order & Destruction), the realm pvp is just not as good as DAoC.  I also appreciate the difficulty of DAoC.  It felt like Everquest, but with meaningful realm vs. realm struggle and a great world that seemed alive.  I will be doing the trial again soon, and possibly re-subbing. 

• beeker255beeker255 Member UncommonPosts: 351

Ywain