Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What games are Matrix Online players playing now?

nightraidernightraider Member UncommonPosts: 33

Hello former MxO players,

First off, I'd like to say it sucks how SOE screwed you guys over like that. You deserved better.. The Matrix deserved better!  The worst part is that SOE holds the rights to Matrix-based online games so there will never be another Matrix Online made by another game company so long as SOE has it.

In the short time I played MxO, I met some really good people. I felt more welcome in MxO than in any other game I ever played. That's what makes me so angry about it all. I hate it when bad things happen to good people. I will never play any SOE game until they offer an apology to all the MxO players, put MxO back online as a classic, free-to-play game, and contract out to a company that knows what they're doing to handle 100% of the making and hosting of a new Matrix online game. In other words, SOE will never get my business.

All rants aside, I was just wondering what games former MxO players were going to play?  

Comments

• TavianTavian Member UncommonPosts: 8

It was a sad day for me when I found out that my favorite online game was cancelled. It happened while I was taking one of my usual "breaks" from online gaming to keep from going crazy. When i tried to come back it was already over. I missed the ending and my chance to really say goodbye along side everyone else and be there for the end the way i wanted to. 

You asked what I'm playing now?  Nothing. I'm still searching for a game but so far nothing is good enough. Other games i've tried leave me with a sort of an empty, "there's something missing" kind of feeling. Its hard to describe and probably sounds crazy. It makes me wonder if I will ever find a new online home.

I took what I had in MXO for granted. Now, looking back on my time spent in the matrix, I realize how good it was and have a new-found appreciation for what I had back then. You never realize what you have until its gone. Still, if i had it to do all over again I would have still taken the red pill - even if I knew ahead of time how it would all end. It was fun while it lasted. In both the good times and bad, I am still happy to have been a part of it all.

To all the former players of MXO, even the ones I didn't get along with very well, I thank you for part in the best online gaming experience I ever had. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing now I wish you all the best. Thank you and until we meet again goodbye.

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Well hell, since ShadowBane and MxO were shut down it's back to L2 for me.

I'd really love to see an MxO EMU but that last thing I remember from the boards was SOE refusing to release it. Oh well, I'll never forget the happiness this game brought me and the amazing people I met. <3 Recursion, <3 Syntax - RIP.  I miss you all.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

All ten of them are watching the movie trilogy over and over waiting for a real developer to create a game worthy of that magnificant IP.

Hey CCP???? Wanna make a Matrix mmo? please???

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum