Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SE has never let me down before. They won't this time.

BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

Disclaimer: All my opinion so no harping at me saying "not everyone agrees with you", cause I know already. Second, its long. I apologize for the wall of txt I wrote in excitement.

So lately I have been going over every piece of information released by SE and trying to paste together a video game. I have only recently had an epiphany, that sort of logic has failed me. The game I had pieced together was a game made by a company scared of failure and wanting a crack at WOWs success. The game I envisioned was a watered down, solo forced, easy, PC favoured , WOW idealogy created , teen-epeener.

However, as I was walking home from finishing the last touches on my bfs birthday card in the library( a semi-handmade wonder, if I do say so myself), I had my above-mentioned epiphany.   SE has never let me down.    Now, this is no doubt biased and subjective. For instance,  I have not played Dirge Cerebus(sp) or the Chocobo DS game. I only ever play FF rpgs, including 11.  But when it comes to 1 through 12 I have yet to be let down. I REALLY enjoyed aspects of 12. 11 was addictive as hell and one mother of an MMO. All the other FF rpgs are great too.

So I got to thinking (I love saying/writing that) , anyways, So I got to thinking, *giggle* ,  how could I spin all of the things I have heard so far that have worried me- into possible possitives. Things like; the command bar, forced mouse use, less partying, less need for partying, little benefit to partying, no new races, a flood of WOW players, too many WOW features making the game little FF and too much WOW, the new chat bar, little use of or changed use of macros, the aniversary payment method as opposed to what I heard of a pay-per-hour payment plan.

Well someof them I couldn't spin well. But I did think about a lot of them and I am sure a smart developer like SE could think of better ways then I, to make these new features amazing successes instead of the dismal failures I was envisioning.

For instance the mouse use and commend bar. I have a fear of forced mouse use. I hate mice, I think they are good for web page browsing and point and clicking. So I have an aversion to using them for a game, where I want all my fingers moving around to the best possible outcome. However, im a chicken-peck typer so keyboard is not an option for me. Hence, my love for the console controller. 

Part of my epiphany was the realisation that SE will allow everything on my screen to be utilized with my controller, as it is being made a console game, just like my much-loved FF11.  This means whether- chat bar, UI customization or the new command bar- it will all be accessible by my lovely little controller and as such; similar to if not better then the system in FF11. And once I realized, and really focused on just how accesible and fun using my controller to learn and utilize the new features of the game will be, I stopped worrying about those new features. I decided as long as I am having fun utilizing my controller , picking up a new system will be just as awesome as it has been in every other Final Fantasy RPG. (you see I have enjoyed them all for their individual merit not comparing them to each other).

And so there it was, I realized I am playing a new Final Fanasy console RPG first, MMO with PC players second. And just like I thought this way about Final Fantasy 11, I am positive I will enjoy this innovative and deep game.

WOOT
www.eorzeapedia.com
(Great FF14 source)

Comments

• CDCostaCDCosta Member Posts: 90

Not going to Lie, I didn't read it all, only about half.

but judging by the title and the first half of the novel, I agree.

SE has never let me down, and there my last hope that the MMO world has not all gone to crap.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by CDCosta

SE has never let me down, and there my last hope that the MMO world has not all gone to crap.

I am glad to see that I also am not alone in this idea of thought.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by toddze

Originally posted by CDCosta

I am glad to see that I also am not alone in this idea of thought.

I'm in the boat also...

*crosses fingers* so far everything looks good, but if its one thing the mmo industry has tought me, don't judge a game till its out and you are at level 20..

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos