Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is doomed to fail

ND promises but never delivers. There is no news about the game from ND, FnF testers are saying there is no open world content, the game just falls apart when you try to play it verses the instanced battle grounds, which ND is putting all their effort into. Skill is not necessary, beginner ships carry 30+ missiles, crashing into stuff does no damage unless you repeatedly fly into it for a minute. No player driven economy, contrary to what ND says. No roleplaying, forced factioneering. No squad features, no squad bases, no player bases.

In short, everything that made JGC great has been stripped away or diluted to make JGE.

And there won't be a beta until next year.

Comments

• phaydeephaydee Member Posts: 36

emo tears

• phoenixsriphoenixsri Member Posts: 3

Troll much?

Just saying, not sure where this game is going when they haven't even tested open space pvp at all. All they are doing is focusing on instanced pvp.

I was looking forward to this game but its clear now that ND does not care about its most active fans.

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by phoenixsri

ND promises but never delivers. There is no news about the game from ND, FnF testers are saying there is no open world content, the game just falls apart when you try to play it verses the instanced battle grounds, which ND is putting all their effort into. Skill is not necessary, beginner ships carry 30+ missiles, crashing into stuff does no damage unless you repeatedly fly into it for a minute. No player driven economy, contrary to what ND says. No roleplaying, forced factioneering. No squad features, no squad bases, no player bases.

In short, everything that made JGC great has been stripped away or diluted to make JGE.

Your just sore because ND made JGE different from JGC. JGC was ND's very first project. They have learned a lot from the other games they made and changed the JG sequel accordingly. Fact is this game has all of what I want in an mmo. All the changes being made are for the best. The changes add more to the playability of the pvp and the rest of the game. Your just choosing to see only the things that are left behind yet what is gained is more valuable to making the game work better in an environment that encourages more pvp.

Now one thing it does not do is add the mercenary experience of Eve and DFO but JGE is a pvp game that does not hold you back from the action. I will take action over grinding or sort battles that don't happen too often any day.

This game needs to be made to give those of use hungry for action in our mmo's somewhere to call home.

I don't see any reason to think this game will fail. In fact the devs have been pretty careful to not skimp on the core features, being careful to test and see what works and they have made a pretty nice finished feel to the interface. I like their development process and praise them for not releasing a product that is not really done yet. No one likes to be suckered by the hype just to find the game falls short of the promised quality.

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by freejackmack

Your just sore because ND made JGE different from JGC. JGC was ND's very first project. They have learned a lot from the other games they made and changed the JG sequel accordingly. Fact is this game has all of what I want in an mmo. All the changes being made are for the best. The changes add more to the playability of the pvp and the rest of the game. Your just choosing to see only the things that are left behind yet what is gained is more valuable to making the game work better in an environment that encourages more pvp.

Now one thing it does not do is add the mercenary experience of Eve and DFO but JGE is a pvp game that does not hold you back from the action. I will take action over grinding or sort battles that don't happen too often any day.

This game needs to be made to give those of use hungry for action in our mmo's somewhere to call home.

I don't see any reason to think this game will fail. In fact the devs have been pretty careful to not skimp on the core features, being careful to test and see what works and they have made a pretty nice finished feel to the interface. I like their development process and praise them for not releasing a product that is not really done yet. No one likes to be suckered by the hype just to find the game falls short of the promised quality.

Ok, I'll bite.

This game has ALL you ever wanted in an MMO? Are you kidding me?

Don't get me wrong, as I'm not bashing the game. Was looking forward to it actually for quite some time. However, I don't see where this game has anywhere near ALL I want in an MMO.

What exactly does this MMO have? Maybe you can fill us all in on the details that are sooooo enticing to you that you need virtually nothing else?

All I see that this MMO has are players flying around in space shooting each other over and over again. That's pretty much it. While that may be cool and fun for a while, it sounds more like Team Fortress 2 than a serious MMO. Even the company website offers nothing more than that as features. Now, I can understand that for small children and teenagers, this may be all they need in an MMO, but for the majority of the population, it's NOT enough.

When designing the game they should have taken it to the next level for space MMO's.

Suggestions....

1. Player avatars - NOT simply being a ship in space. Even EVE will be getting away from this in the future.

2. Planets you can land on, quests on land, pvp on land, explore, mine/harvest materials, build homes and possibly shops.

3. (See suggestion 2) PVP in space to control said planets and resources contained thereon.

Just a couple things that would have separated this game from simply pew-pew in space for teenagers.

Anyway.... I just don't see what features this game has that is ALL I ever wanted in an MMO????

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

Originally posted by COORS
    Originally posted by freejackmack
    Originally posted by phoenixsri ND promises but never delivers. There is no news about the game from ND, FnF testers are saying there is no open world content, the game just falls apart when you try to play it verses the instanced battle grounds, which ND is putting all their effort into. Skill is not necessary, beginner ships carry 30+ missiles, crashing into stuff does no damage unless you repeatedly fly into it for a minute. No player driven economy, contrary to what ND says. No roleplaying, forced factioneering. No squad features, no squad bases, no player bases.

Ok, I'll bite.
    This game has ALL you ever wanted in an MMO? Are you kidding me?
    Don't get me wrong, as I'm not bashing the game. Was looking forward to it actually for quite some time. However, I don't see where this game has anywhere near ALL I want in an MMO.
    What exactly does this MMO have? Maybe you can fill us all in on the details that are sooooo enticing to you that you need virtually nothing else?
    All I see that this MMO has are players flying around in space shooting each other over and over again. That's pretty much it. While that may be cool and fun for a while, it sounds more like Team Fortress 2 than a serious MMO. Even the company website offers nothing more than that as features. Now, I can understand that for small children and teenagers, this may be all they need in an MMO, but for the majority of the population, it's NOT enough.
    When designing the game they should have taken it to the next level for space MMO's.
    Suggestions....
    1. Player avatars - NOT simply being a ship in space. Even EVE will be getting away from this in the future.
    2. Planets you can land on, quests on land, pvp on land, explore, mine/harvest materials, build homes and possibly shops.
    3. (See suggestion 2) PVP in space to control said planets and resources contained thereon.
    Just a couple things that would have separated this game from simply pew-pew in space for teenagers.
    Anyway.... I just don't see what features this game has that is ALL I ever wanted in an MMO????

I'm fully with you. The mmo's that are comming these days need more then Pew pew.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by shadow417

I'm fully with you. The mmo's that are comming these days need more then Pew pew.

Just look back at Tabula Rasa. That game was also basically only Pew Pew Pew. And that game had even avatars.

MMO's need longetivity. And that means more then just Pew Pew Pew.

If I just want to Pew Pew Pew. Then there are plenty of Online Multiplayer games out there that are FREE!

Most mmo's these days don't focus on the combat. More focus is put on getting gear and not allowing for player skill to be all important in battle is the main frustration. Most mmo's have a combat system in place where you have very few options. Either you go for utility or raw power in character customization and that is about it for choices you can make that effect combat outcomes. The rest is random dice rolls and ability rotations. That is not good enough! We need to be handed the reins and be given more control and freedom but at the same time more fun. A good combat system in an mmo needs to be complemented by big battles as well.

I think JGE has covered the all important areas that are missing in mmo's today. PVP focus is great and being able to lvl off an enemy player is a very good feature but in a sort of confused faction setting like you have in DFO you see things like blood walls and short conflicts that don't happen too often. So really ND has made the right choice imo with their 3 sided nation system.

What I see is a focus on the important issues at the expense of the less important unessential parts such as the merc experience and avatars that can explore planets or stations. Though this is just the beginning and sacrifices need to be made to allow more time on the important core parts, I believe it is a good start, with all the main ingredients that I am looking for in an mmo. The fact that it is sci-fi is a nice bonus as well.

Allowing for more control in the faction warfare is neat and nice to have but I really would like to see a game like JGE with more action than politics and less grind hit the market.

• phoenixsriphoenixsri Member Posts: 3

ND hasn't even considered any squad/guild content other than a glorified chatroom.  All of the things you'd expect for a guild to have available to them as far as tools are an afterthought because ND is focusing on Instanced pvp.

No friendly fire either, so no more player initiated civil wars, which was quite enough action for JGC. No more piracy, no more bounty hunting. Taking these options away from players and forcing one type of gameplay for all is going to kill this game. WoW kiddies might love the way WoW is setup, but most people want more sandbox, not themepark.

Game won't even be out until next year at the earliest because they arn't working on content for the open world game at all. Why do you think they keep showing off the same sectors over and over?

PM me for more.

• siftifiedsiftified Member Posts: 258

Ok I thought the OP was overreacting until I just read "no more piracy".

That was the only damn reason I was even considering playing! :(

• hellaskanhellaskan Member Posts: 15

I've been silently following this game for a while now and if what I'm reading here and elsewhere is true, this is just another shallow, boring Net Devil game (see also NC Soft for shallow games and related company interactions).

Maybe Black Prophecy is going to be a decent space MMO? --err, if that title gets support, that is

ND hasn't even considered any squad/guild content other than a glorified chatroom.  All of the things you'd expect for a guild to have available to them as far as tools are an afterthought because ND is focusing on Instanced pvp.
    No friendly fire either, so no more player initiated civil wars, which was quite enough action for JGC. No more piracy, no more bounty hunting. Taking these options away from players and forcing one type of gameplay for all is going to kill this game. WoW kiddies might love the way WoW is setup, but most people want more sandbox, not themepark.
    Game won't even be out until next year at the earliest because they arn't working on content for the open world game at all. Why do you think they keep showing off the same sectors over and over?
    PM me for more.

The devs have said they are working on world pvp as we speak so you are wrong and piracy is a possible future project.

I really don't understand how you could miss that if you are following the game.

• triketrike Member Posts: 83

Just a general reply on the topic at hand....

I can't say I have high hopes for this game.  NetDevil as a company doesn't impress me much because their track record is, shall we say, "less than stellar?"  (Yeah, that pun was intended.)

I was in the Auto Assault beta and it was immediately apparent that game was going to have extraordinarily limited appeal and was doomed to failure.  Warmonger was completely unplayable most of the time, and when it was operational it was astonishingly dull.  Which, come to think on it, was how AA came across, too.

It feels like NetDevil is making games for an audience stuck in 1995. These games might have been somewhat interesting 15 years ago, but today they simply lack a decent design ethic both in terms of look and gameplay.  "Dull" is the sobriquet that fits both their games' appearance and play.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

There really is no hype around this game. Doesn't bode well.

Sure games can fly under the radar and still be good, but mmos need a certain amount of players to be profitable and evolve..

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

the hype seems small, but i think its bigger then most people think, most of my friends are first person shooter-fans and sometimes i hear em talk about jumpgate, like what the f*****? how do you know JGE lol?

ah well, hopes up for  SW:TOR  and JGE :))

Originally posted by vladakov

the hype seems small, but i think its bigger then most people think, most of my friends are first person shooter-fans and sometimes i hear em talk about jumpgate, like what the f*****? how do you know JGE lol?

ah well, hopes up for  SW:TOR  and JGE :))

We shall see....

The market is so over-saturated with half baked potatoes...

aye, but the developers of JGE are aware of it, if they weren't it wouldve already been released and wouldve already flopped. 

aye, but the developers of JGE are aware of it, if they weren't it wouldve already been released and wouldve already flopped. 

You think waiting helps? With Black Prophecy looming. EVE going FPS integration? WoW with a new expansion. AoC expansion.

And later FFXIV, GW II, SW ToR, The Secret World, etc. etc.

They can wait as long as they want, but the market is still over-saturated the next five years at least.

There are tons of f2p games coming out too and they increase in quality all the time..

i think they are aware of al that, really, but release a game that hasn´t fully been polished at this time fails big time

• Originally posted by Draccan

You think waiting helps? With Black Prophecy looming. EVE going FPS integration? WoW with a new expansion. AoC expansion.

They can wait as long as they want, but the market is still over-saturated the next five years at least.

There are tons of f2p games coming out too and they increase in quality all the time..

Yeah definitely. You only get one shot. Releasing a product early is the only certain way to fail these days, judging by many recent releases. If you want the game to fail, lobbying for an early release is your best bet.

• soulmirrorsoulmirror Member UncommonPosts: 124

The OP's comment about piracy is incorrect, after sitting down for over 2 hours with a developer and the associate producer, I can tell you that they are looking at piracy and how it can be implemented. 

Originally posted by Axxar

Originally posted by Draccan

Yeah definitely. You only get one shot. Releasing a product early is the only certain way to fail these days, judging by many recent releases. If you want the game to fail, lobbying for an early release is your best bet.

I never lobby for early releases. Ever!

This thread is doomed to fail!

JGE is going to give us lots pvp in space in a twitched -skill based mmo environment. So lets be a little patient and let them give us a good quality game.

I mean I can think of at least 2 mmo's that just are not finished and yet were and are being pushed out the door when the basics still need tweaking.

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

Well people can have their opinions. It's just nice to know that ND pulled the beta back for JGE back in June. I would probably say ND would be dealing with the death of JGE already if they would have come to beta not ready and missing things players want. I truly do think that ND is taking in all the user feedback and trying to put in as much as they can before beta launch.

First impressions are the key, regardless of what you read before you play it. But once you play JGE for the first time for a few hours you will form an opinion. Now support of a product is another key thing for me and I think ND will handle that ok. With BP not acquired funding yet that project needs more than JGE atm because the forums are dying down.

People are right the MMO market is saturated and it is the survival of the fittest and will JGE be posed to survive that is the key. JGC did well for itself.

I just really want a WC6 :)

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

Open world PvP = FAIL

GG JGE, I am looking forward to this game as all the elements of gheyness have been removed.

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88

Well, "work in progress" didn't exactly hit home with you...

They are making a game that runs smoothly on many many systems, that's hard to do.  I talked to them at the Meet 'n greet, and they've also started implimenting the player economy stuff. Basically the PvP FvFvF stuff will be it's own system with cap ship loss, territory control, player built starbases, and resource stations.  All of these things will be destructable and will need to be rebuilt. So you ahve a self contained player economy without ship loss.  IMO, this is best of both worlds.

And yeah, the beta may not start for a bit. It's still a work in progress. They have a 20 man/woman dev team.  That's probably why some of the members of the FnF say it runs like it's a work in progress, because IT IS a work in progress (if that is even true, everythin I played at PAX ran perfectly smooth)