Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic Customer Service? Not!!

ontrack3226ontrack3226 Member Posts: 12

I upgraded to the Xan expansion two days ago with an inactive account.  I paid with a credit card, you know those things from the future that most companies process in seconds, not hours or days... LOL.  Anyways it still says payment pending, hasn't been processed even after a couple of emails to customer support. 

I did get an email response that basically said, yeah it's normal deal with it.

Fantastic customer service.  Below the level of Sony as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

The last time I used my CC for AO, it worked instantaneously.

Are you sure that you didn't make a mistake somewhere? If you made a mistake, it will be "pending payment" for forever.

If you made a mistake, you can probably try again by canceling the "pending payment", deleting your "my payment options" and redo everything from scratch.

• ontrack3226ontrack3226 Member Posts: 12

No there was no mistake.  The payment has finally been posted on 8/23... This whole incident started on 8/19 so I guess 4 days to process a credit card payment isn't too bad... unless you also consider that they haven't credited my account for the 30 days I paid for.   Sheesh.  These Funcom guys are tops on my list at this point for the worst customer service.

Yeah I am not joking.  They took the money, added the flag so that I can play the expansion but did not credit the 30 days of free game time.  All around it has been a pretty bad experience as far as I'm concerned.  I guess I'm just used to other game companies processing everything trouble free in seconds, not days...

CCP Games, Turbine, (even when it was owned by Microsoft) and I hate to say it... even Sony were all better companies to deal with.

I do like the game, but this company really needs to get their act together on the customer service.

Just my opinion.

• MadMancroMadMancro Member Posts: 7

Dude its not funcom's fault u have CC in some shitty slow bank, iv been playing AO since 2005 and ALWAYS it didn't take more then 5 minutes for subscription to be paid with credit card...

• ontrack3226ontrack3226 Member Posts: 12

I don't have a "slow" bank.  When I activated the account the payment went through in a few minutes.  The trouble I had was relating to the payment of the expansion. 

For some reason, even admitted by the funcom support agent, it takes days to process that payment.  I have no idea why.

And what about the free game time not being credited?

I suppose that is the fault of my bank too.

I like the game, I'm just not happy with the customer service. 

• MadMancroMadMancro Member Posts: 7

About free time just e-mail account support and they will add it to your time, i had a similar problem with Paid Points and they added them few days later ;)

• JavafanJavafan Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by ontrack3226

No there was no mistake.  The payment has finally been posted on 8/23... This whole incident started on 8/19 so I guess 4 days to process a credit card payment isn't too bad....snip...

That's "slow banking" for you right there, not necessarily FC's fault... Basically, paying with CCs goes something like this and you'll see there's a lot of places where shite can happen:

- you logon to the page where you make your order

- you order what you want to buy

- you confirm the order to pay

- then FC inquires your bank if you have enough money to pay for the order

- they add the products to your account

- they send a payment request to your bank/CC company

- your CC company flags that amount of cash as "already used" and informs FC they flagged the money and will send it ASAP to the FC's money collector

- your CC company sends the money and sends a recipes to FC's money collector company

- then FC needs to wait for a confirmation from their money collector that the cash has entered their account

- usually money take from 24h to 7 work days to be credited to the company you bought the item from

Yes, it is somewhat complicated, but almost all companies selling stuff online have a money collector company that manages the payments. Plenty of stuff to go wrong due to a delay in that uselessly complicated relaying of information.

Usually, if you email FC they'll solve your problem and credit you accounts. It may take a bit, but they'll solve it without too much of a hassle. Just make sure you explain thing very clearly and you provide them with your billing details (order ID from their website, payment sent ID from your bank etc) in the first email - makes it easier to track the payment and solve your problem. When it comes to payments, all companies have an almost rigid policy of data inquiry and solving the problems.

When I had some issues with FC's payment department (I bought 2 time cards for AO just 2 days before they disabled it), it took about 5 days (I think) to solve it and also, I got the extra 5 work days till I had my issue solved.

True, they're not their fastest company to solve issues, but I've seen much worse from bigger companies with a lot higher expectations (aka Norton, Blizzard or NCSoft) like loosing payment without any possibility of reimbursing the payments. Not to bash anyone here, but from what I have seen, the bigger the company and the more clients they have, the more impersonal and less interested in the welfare of their customers they seem.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Never had any problems with AO.