Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HURRY UP AND RELEASE!

AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Please?

Cause im losing interest in this game the longer it takes to release....

Uhh... what?

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

While your waiting for its release you could always vote for dutchess the space fighter pilot here

http://www.cutestdogcompetition.com/vote.cfm?h=C9922486D240EABCDFED0AFFB31D7A57

• hellshankshellshanks Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

While your waiting for its release you could always vote for dutchess the space fighter pilot here

wtf????????

• r3vo1r3vo1 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

This is the single best segway I have ever seen.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

From the sound of things, this game won't be out until next year at the earliest.  

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

They are polishing the game, you know, adding more eye candy and making sure the game runs decent on mini laptops too. Maybe they smart up and even add a cockpit view, some sort of death penalty system perhaps?

• tamgrostamgros Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Auzy

Please?

You could always just play Jumpgate, it's still out there, you know...

• ArekaineArekaine Member Posts: 72

Shoot em up! Shoot em up! Pow pow pow!

There is a Madness that has grown in the Light. And it is coming to burn you a cinder

• Hawkeye|CUDIHawkeye|CUDI Member Posts: 1

What is the release date for JE?

I haven't really kept up with all the news on JE, but what I have seen peaks my interest.

• schawoschawo Member Posts: 135

There was a deadline of early June for the beta, which was (obviously) delayed for an undefined period. That means is no known release date yet  

• trunk_monkeytrunk_monkey Member Posts: 3

The game is a turd, the devs effectively delayed launch becuase it wasnt fun to play, it was in their words "feature complete" in June.  Better look to Black Prophecy.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Auzy

Please?

Same here. 

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

The longer they take to polish and test the better chance they will get it right.

They have said they will not release until it is fun and all the critical bugs in the engine and the quest system are fixed so that it is at a level of quality that they are proud to show perspective consumers. And they were talking about the beta. So I think this will be the first company to deliver a quality and stable product upon release in the mmo world since I have been playing mmos 's.

From what I have seen in the videos they are quite close to the quality but they have said some areas still are not up to the standard they are willing to show the public. I'm glad because I am sick of paying for games that are neither fun or stable even well after launch.

ND has the backing and the will to make a great space mmo shooter so I can hardly wait to see what they have put together. I think this will be  the game I have been waiting for.

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

Amazon has set the release date for Jumpgate Evolution all the way to April 30th, 2010.

I know Amazon isn't the be-all end-all of release dates, but it USED to be November 2010. I'm sure they changed it for a reason.

So we're looking at over six months until that tentative release date. I know it's pointless to whine about release dates, but this one is starting to get pretty annoying. A five-month delay is just infuriating, when you're excited for a game, they refuse to give any information about release or why they're pushing it back, etc.

It's always bad news in the MMORPG industry, and delays, then the game's always a buggy piece of crap when it finally does release, so you have to wait ANOTHER 3-6 months for it to stabilize, get patches, and stop sucking.

It's been almost a year now since I last played an MMO (WAR), and next year may be pretty dry as well.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

The whole 'It's taking too long. Forget this game!" is a bit silly because space-shooting MMO's (actual space-shooters, not click on enemy to start exchanging shin-kicks with a mob and the winner determined by who started with the biggest boots) are a woefully under-catered market. There a lots of Freelancer, X-wing, Wing-Commander, Freespace, etc. fans and very few MMO's that fill the void. There is no way a fan of this genre like me is not going to try JGE and Black Prophecy. I can't help but think that part of what is taking so long is that there is no real competition to beat. Neither game has announced even a beta release date. However, when one does, I hope it lights a fire under the other. :)

Well actually, that's part of the problem. Science fiction MMORPGs are quite rare, so I for one am getting highly annoyed with all the delays. In the meantime, I have nothing to play except Vendetta Online, which I don't play since only 20 people are online at any given time and the game has no depth.

I've been playing space sims since Wing Commander released in 1990. I own every Wing Commander game (including both Privateers), plus a fair number of X-Wing games, Freelancer, X2, X3:R, X3:TC, Evochron, Freespace 1 & 2, Elite Plus/Frontier: Elite II, Vega Strike, Oolite, Escape Velocity (all), etc.

I'm getting pretty tired of waiting for this damn thing to come out. There was one year between the release of Wing Commander and Wing Commander II -- one year.

By 2025, I estimate it's going to take an entire decade to release any major title, especially an MMORPG. It's already taking about five years per game now as it is. I'd rather go back to sprites, VGA graphics and SoundBlaster 16 to be honest.

Anyone else remember the 1980s? Well pretty soon, you'll be able to fit all of the 1980s inside the development time of a single MMORPG.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

They've learned from their mistake with Auto Assault.  I recall an interview where they once said they let themselves be rushed into releasing it before it was done, and it was a contributing factor to the game's demise.

I would hope they'd be smart enough to avoid repeating that error and come out with a fun, playable game, regardless of the timeframe.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

It's a bit irritating when a studio misses a release date and doesn't give another, but in the case of a legit studio that I know will release the game it's nothing more than irritating. I'll try this out at launch or maybe wait a few months to see what people are saying first, it depends on wether I'm bored for a weekend or not at the time. I'm quite glad to see Net Devils holding back and saying "we're not releasing until it's fun", a refreshing change from the "fleece the bastards" attitude other companies seem to take *ahem* Scumcom *ahem*.

I'm fine with pushing it back, perhaps we'll get a game they spent time on getting right before selling it to the public? Perhaps we won't have to go through months of BS excuses and a one year wait for the patch that will fix/balance the game make it playable and bring back the 90% of subscribers that dropped it like a bad habit in the first 3 months?

I commend Net Devil for doing what needs to be done before launch and hope it works out for them.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

After the negative reactions that got earlier this year from the video releases showing tunnels in a asteroid as some kind of Space dungeon and a big boss mob fight inside started many to question if they're making a space MMO or WOW in space, now they're trying to back peddle and go down another route to win favour.

What people are really looking for in a space MMO is one that captures the magic of the legendary Wing commander and Privateer series by Origin, fortunately for us there is such a MMO in development that's doing just that called Black Prophecy, go check out all the videos for it in the link below, then go watch all the available Jump Gate videos and tell me what you think looks better? It's clear to me at least Black Prophecy just looks so much better, you get a  cockpit view, you're not just a 3rd view of your ship all the time!

www.blackprophecy.com

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

i agree that the developers need to work faster and release this game soon. I am not for unpoilshed games but the window of opportunity is closing.

Once TOR & STO releases, there will be major competition in the sci-fi area. And before you say they are very different games .. sure .. i know that. But most people don't care enough to play 3-4 MMOs. They will basically ask themselves .. do I want to be  Jedi (or Sith), a Starship Captain, or play this game? And I think ND may not like the average answer to that question ... that is even assuming this has as much visibility as those other 2 games.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by DoktorTeufel

Amazon has set the release date for Jumpgate Evolution all the way to April 30th, 2010.

Which means it might be out by Christmas 2010.  They picked that date out of their butt. 10 to 1 they will push it back again.

• Legato89Legato89 Member Posts: 297

We don't want any premature release do we??

I'm going to bump this thread in a year (by which time JGE should have finally released) because by then we'll be able to discuss all the bugs, glitches, lag, and other polishing issues that will almost certainly still be present in JGE.

My experience recently is that, when a developer pushes a release date back two or three times (by six months per push), people like you guys come to their defense, saying: "Don't you want them to polish the game for us?"

But no matter when they're released, they're never polished. They're always full of graphics issues, lag, bugs, exploits, and God knows what else. And I personally don't think you can make an unfun game (that's already been in development for years) turn into a fun game by spending an extra year on it. You can't polish a turd, as the saying goes; if the concept and work done so far aren't good already (if rough), it's doomed anyway.

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

I agree. Especially in this case: they are not polishing it for release, they are reworking stuff. This brings new bugs and other issues.

So really,  JGE delay(s) is nothing to celebrate.

• Label_ThisLabel_This Member Posts: 171

Did anyone play Freelancer way back when? There hasn't been a decent multiplayer space shooter ever since that game. Just hurry the fuck up and release it already!

Why are there so many cutesie, fantasy, childish MMO's. Give me blood, gore and a long lasting challenge. I don't need my hand being held along the way. Thanks.

I would actually play the original Jumpgate while I wait for JGE, but there are literally fewer than 20 people online in that game during peak hours. See for yourself (click on Pilot Center -> Online Pilots). Same goes for Vendetta Online, which I mentioned earlier.

I do hope all these delays turn into the trouble-free release of an excellent game. I just don't think it's going to happen... if I had to bet my life, I'd bet on a buggy release and a game that will commercially fail. That's literally the norm in the MMORPG industry.