Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cities look Big, BUT,,, how populated will they be?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Cities look bigger then WoW's major Cities, but even their, most of them become ghost towns, So how will Guild Wars cities handle out?

Discuss,,,,,

Comments

• SnakeEndSnakeEnd Member UncommonPosts: 18

No one has a crystal ball and know how much population GW2 will obtain and sustain. Eventually towns become ghost towns due to time.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by SnakeEnd

No one has a crystal ball and know how much population GW2 will obtain and sustain. Eventually towns become ghost towns due to time.

due to new cities*

Well, too soon to make any "solid" speculation, we have no idea of how many major cities there will be.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I'm sure the cities will hold as many as the cities did in the original. They was constantly mobbed with people until we started getting expanions and then more people were spread out.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Well, since the game is due this year......

But really.  It's pretty far off right now.  They do things differently, so it could be that the big cities will always be mobbed.  Lion's Arch is still always packed.  It's just too far off, to few details to even think over.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

yeah however many cities there are will determine who many people will be in them at one time... This trailer impresses me everytime, especially that charr stronghold with the gears turning is amazing.

But I'm sure there will be outposts and major cities like GW.. so it's the cities that will be main occupied.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I wonder if this game will be single server like Guild Wars. I really hope so but I can understand if they are unable to do that.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by arenasb

I wonder if this game will be single server like Guild Wars. I really hope so but I can understand if they are unable to do that.

Iam not sure what you mean. Districts?

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Originally posted by arenasb

Iam not sure what you mean. Districts?

Yeah instead of the separate servers like most other games have.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

I heard that Districts are staying, But the game may also have Server Worlds to.

The Mist info kinda pointed that out. Since World PvP wont be like WoW, it will be Server vs Server

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

The reason some of WoW's cities are deserted is because:

* Some are very badly located (such as Darnassus).

* Some are better designed than others, allowing people to get what they need to get done faster, thus they choose said cities over the others.

* There are so many cities, it has resulted in the playerbase being very spread out.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

We can only speculate over what Guild Wars 2 will be like, so we're going to go with what we have.

I've only been to 4 big "cities" in the first campaign, and I've been to each often enough to make an observation:

Lions Arch is always packed. Maybe not "super lag" packed, but there's always a good number of people there.

That...first...Ascalon city (sorry, too lazy to look up) also has a good number of people in it, probably because it's the first one you come to.

The desert city (sorry) has a fair number of people, not as many as the other two, though.

The forest one (sorry) is the least packed, pretty much the average outpost amount.

And that's all I've got.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.