Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG or Not?

Comments

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

yea feels the need to have RPG in it somewhere, since you're role playing. No way around that.

• Slashed316Slashed316 Member UncommonPosts: 151

If you havnt played it you might not understand how its an MMO but having played it and seen the game world develop over the last year i can assure you it is not just a FPS it is a MMOFPS, i cant go into detail but its one of the best games ive had the pleasure of playing.

that's great news, can't wait for this to come out so I pull some of my friend's off of WoW.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Slashed316

If you havnt played it you might not understand how its an MMO but having played it and seen the game world develop over the last year i can assure you it is not just a FPS it is a MMOFPS, i cant go into detail but its one of the best games ive had the pleasure of playing.

Awww now come on thats just mean. You tell us its great but cant go into detail? Darnit!

Would you be able to answer this without breaking any rules?

Many narrow minded people are trying to argue that this is not an mmo simply because its action is split into instances and restricted to team play. In your opinion from what you have played, would you say that Global Agenda allows you to interact with and change the gameworld in a way that other mmos have not been capable of? From what I have read in articles about the game this certainly seems to be the case.

I'm not asking for details on how this all works by the way. Its just that the open gameworlds in other mmos are completely static and therefore barely pass for a world at all. To me it looks as though Global Agenda is actually closer to providing an interactive gameworld than any other mmo.

• epicorepicor Member Posts: 60

Let me start with saying that I have not personally tested AvA (which is the conquest segment) because I'm a beta, not alpha tester.  However, from what I've seen/heard the world control is leaps beyond anything we've seen.   In at least a couple other games you can build on or take over territory, but it doesn't really effect anything.  It gets you a spawn somewhere more convenient than a major NPC city, but thats not really effecting anything outside your convenience.  In GA you when you take a hex grid you get access to the resources on it. 

Additionally, as I understand it, you don't really get a 'XXX Agency has declared war on you' kind of message.  You (that is the agency leader) sets periods of time where the grid is productive, but during this time it is also available to attack.  As of the most recent article from HiRez only 1 Alliance (that is a group of clans) can attack a hex at any given time, so they bid on rights.  Then whoever wins the bid, gets attack rights and a timeframe opens within which the hex needs to be defended.

Now, the world is not open.  Some people have a huge issue with that and I'm not really sure why.  As I noted in another post most MMOs have hotspots of pvp or specific BGs where you can go.  If the previous, you are wasting huge amounts of time in travel.  If the latter you are in the same situation as GA, but with little or no consequence and VERY little content (maps/objectives).

So on to the question is GA an MMO? I guess the bottom line is it's up to the user. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Its more of a MMOG than a MMORPG, but the line is fuzzy of course.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

some of the biggest reasons for monthly fees are that advanced and heavy server hardware and assorted personel is needed in order to process a large world with seamless landscapes and tons of players frolicking in each area. Another is that we are promised a lot of added content thanks to the monthly fee.

In todays market of MMO's, added content usually means patches and bugfixes instead of content worth 15 dollars a month. So, with a completely instanced game"world" and limited combat, what exactly makes this game so expensive to run that it requries a monthly fee of 15 dollars? Other than the fact that other MMO's got the fee as well? If you compare it to Guild Wars, which is free to play, is there enough "MMO" content in Global Conflict to warrant a full monthly fee?

Not trolling, genuinly interested. I'm sure beta testers of the game can at least say if there's content in there worth a monthly fee. Would be nice to hear what it is though, since the developers are too cryptic about the details

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Classifying this MMO as anything is hard to do as it encompeses a lot of RPG, Action, Spy, Sci-fi and FPS styles.

Hard part i see with people understanding why this game is an MMO is the instanced combat, this is the only part that is instanced, otherwise the neutral cities are all open world as well as the agency halls.

People really need to do research on this game before bashing it on others say so, it just goes to show you are a lazy bas**** and a louszy gamer if your basing it on someone who doesn't understand what kind of MMO this is.

If you don't like what they are telling you about the game, then don't play, but don't bash it either if you haven't played it.

Global Agenda promises to make MMO's in general take a different look at itself.

Originally posted by epicor

Let me start with saying that I have not personally tested AvA (which is the conquest segment) because I'm a beta, not alpha tester.  However, from what I've seen/heard the world control is leaps beyond anything we've seen.   In at least a couple other games you can build on or take over territory, but it doesn't really effect anything.  It gets you a spawn somewhere more convenient than a major NPC city, but thats not really effecting anything outside your convenience.  In GA you when you take a hex grid you get access to the resources on it. 
    Additionally, as I understand it, you don't really get a 'XXX Agency has declared war on you' kind of message.  You (that is the agency leader) sets periods of time where the grid is productive, but during this time it is also available to attack.  As of the most recent article from HiRez only 1 Alliance (that is a group of clans) can attack a hex at any given time, so they bid on rights.  Then whoever wins the bid, gets attack rights and a timeframe opens within which the hex needs to be defended.
    Now, the world is not open.  Some people have a huge issue with that and I'm not really sure why.  As I noted in another post most MMOs have hotspots of pvp or specific BGs where you can go.  If the previous, you are wasting huge amounts of time in travel.  If the latter you are in the same situation as GA, but with little or no consequence and VERY little content (maps/objectives).
    So on to the question is GA an MMO? I guess the bottom line is it's up to the user. 

What you described there is indeed way ahead of what other mmos are offering. You raised a good point with your reference to how other mmos with their so-called open world pvp handle player conflict. In both Aion and WAR the game restricts you to either a specific pvp playpen which is seperated from the rest of the gameworld or an instanced battleground which again is a seperate place. Nothing you do in those little "arenas" has any noticeable impact at all on the rest of the game world........and yet people consider this to be open world pvp? This is why pvp in games like this is always such a mess. Every individual is just focused on levelling up their own character like they have been in previous mmos.

In WAR for example Mythic had to "bribe" the players into the pvp playpens with the promise of increased exp and loot because there are no game mechanics, objectives or goals in place to give the players any other reason to fight each other. Its literally just an empty space with a keep in it that gives a silly buff to players when they control it. Then they wander off into the pve zones and its as though nothing ever happened. Thats not open world pvp.

The player conflict in Global Agenda is clearly more open world than what other games are offering because the game world is open to the effects of players actions. Other mmos dont offer this.

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

Classifying this MMO as anything is hard to do as it encompeses a lot of RPG, Action, Spy, Sci-fi and FPS styles.

Hard part i see with people understanding why this game is an MMO is the instanced combat, this is the only part that is instanced, otherwise the neutral cities are all open world as well as the agency halls.

People really need to do research on this game before bashing it on others say so, it just goes to show you are a lazy bas**** and a louszy gamer if your basing it on someone who doesn't understand what kind of MMO this is.

If you don't like what they are telling you about the game, then don't play, but don't bash it either if you haven't played it.

Global Agenda promises to make MMO's in general take a different look at itself.

You're totally correct. I pretty much guarantee that every person in this thread who is complaining about instanced combat hasnt actually read up on what Global Agenda is offering. They are indeed lazy bas****s and louzy gamers. They are just following the rest of the ignorant herd.

I witnessed this happening first hand ages ago when I was posting something in another forum. I was talking about a game and made reference to the length of time the game had been out. I got it completely wrong amd misjudged it by several years (yeah yeah I know lol). Several posts later I started seeing people using that incorrect information in their own rambling arguments. They just swept up my mistake as though it was a fact and automatically began preaching it as though it was their own idea! It was quite amazing to watch......and also very disturbing.

Basicly its a sad fact that a large majority of people on these forums are simply not capable of thinking for themselves. They just trawl through the posts and assimilate whatever seems to be the most popular viewpoint at the time, regardless of whether it is true or not. They simply want to feel like they are involved. This happens all over the world in various different forms unfortunately. The human race as a whole simply isnt very bright and is really just the blind following the blind.

I totally agree with your final line too. If Global Agenda pulls off what it is intending to do (and I cant see any reason why they wont be able to) then it will shine a glaring spotlight on the shortcomings and limitations of all the other mmos. I think GA will be a source of inspiration for future games and will give the mmo genre the kick up the arse that it has needed for a long time.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Lets be honest here though... How many MMO's on this sight should have the RPG part in the title? 10?

Oh Im Leveling! It must be a Rpg!

Oh I got LootZ It Most be a RPG!

The Quest dident put a dot to Where Im supposed to go?? Wtf is Wrong with this game?? HElpz Game is Bugged I cant find what to kill!!!!!!!!!!!! (Local Smacks back) What do you mean Read the Quest??? WoW Puts a Dot for me and a list of what to kill! War gives me a Colored Blob! Wtf is Wrong with this Stupid game??? /RageQuitAllOverYourFourmFace

hehe... little rage there myself...

So yes. By MMORPG.Com's sandards its a MMORPG.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

Well to be fair I think a lot people don't know much about the game because what is touted are the PVP matches. And nothing has been really released about much else. We know that it has a persistent world, but nut much about the PVE or how it operates.  Most of what has been released is that you need to be in a Agency and fight for hex to gain the upper hand. The only thing I'm confused about from what others say is that people say the instancing is to stop zerging, but I don't see how it is stopping it since to mount the most effective offense or defense you're going to want the max out the allowed strike force size and the amount which is suppose to be six 10 man teams. And as a Agency you can more than 60 right? like 120 so you can mount two full attacks on hex spots.

The game is just very secretive, which is a good thing I'm sure so that it keeps people wanting to know more. And the people assuming things just kind of gets out of hand. But what do you expect about a game that is pretty hush on the details.

Once the game is actually released then regular debates on what it is will be substantial. Right now it's just speculation for all the non-beta testers.

I mean I think many people just know that there are hex spots, where you can have 10v10 (or 12v12?) matches and that's the main chunk of the game, if you're not in an agency you're boned. That's why people can't get their heads around anything else because there isn't much released. Like the quests, how are they like? Vids on it? What is it like walking from one hex to another hex? You know things like that. People need videos to fully get what people say. You can't just say "IT'S A MMORPG GET OVER IT" and expect people to believe you.

And to just make something clear... I want to play this game BADLY!!!!. lol this game and Huxley are right now my two top anticipated games, but this game actually looks like it will come out, but Huxley... well they always say it will come out, not sure if it will ever....

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Lets be honest here though... How many MMO's on this sight should have the RPG part in the title? 10?

The Quest dident put a dot to Where Im supposed to go?? Wtf is Wrong with this game?? HElpz Game is Bugged I cant find what to kill!!!!!!!!!!!! (Local Smacks back) What do you mean Read the Quest??? WoW Puts a Dot for me and a list of what to kill! War gives me a Colored Blob! Wtf is Wrong with this Stupid game??? /RageQuitAllOverYourFourmFace

HAHAHAHAHA, that was great. I think that's how one of my friends (an exclusive WoW player when it comes to MMOs) reacted when I showed him Atlantica Online. lol... oh that brings back memories.

Originally posted by Zzulu

some of the biggest reasons for monthly fees are that advanced and heavy server hardware and assorted personel is needed in order to process a large world with seamless landscapes and tons of players frolicking in each area. Another is that we are promised a lot of added content thanks to the monthly fee.

In todays market of MMO's, added content usually means patches and bugfixes instead of content worth 15 dollars a month. So, with a completely instanced game"world" and limited combat, what exactly makes this game so expensive to run that it requries a monthly fee of 15 dollars? Other than the fact that other MMO's got the fee as well? If you compare it to Guild Wars, which is free to play, is there enough "MMO" content in Global Conflict to warrant a full monthly fee?

Not trolling, genuinly interested. I'm sure beta testers of the game can at least say if there's content in there worth a monthly fee. Would be nice to hear what it is though, since the developers are too cryptic about the details

The reason for monthly charges is server costs? Do you know that for certain? I'm not neccessarily saying your wrong as I dont know how much it costs to keep these servers running but I have severe doubts that that is the main reason for monthly fees. Lets have a look shall we.

I'm gonna take a random game as an example. Lets use WAR. According to http://www.mmodata.net/ its subscription numbers peaked at 800,000 and have now dropped to 170,000. So how much money were the games makers raking in each and every month when it was at its peak? Hmmm.......800,000 x £9 = £7,200,000. Hmmm......so do the servers really cost £7 million to keep them running each month? Somehow I doubt they actually do lol. Even when you factor in the costs of producing the game and all the staffs high wages that need to be paid each month they are still very clearly making a gigantic profit........and this is for a game that is supposedly not doing very well. Even a "failed" game makes way too much money.

So is Global Agenda worth this monthly fee. Well no it isnt........but not because it offers less than what other mmos are offering. None of the other mmos are actually worth the monthly fee either. They are all ripping us off. The question is do we really mind that this is happening? The answer is that in general most people dont mind at all.

If a person is perfectly happy to pay £9 a month and be ripped off by games like WoW, WAR, EQ2, AoC or whatever then there is absolutely no reason why Global Agenda should not charge the same amount.......especially considering that the game being developed by Hi-Rez Studios is far more complex than any of those games. None of those other mmos offer the players a game world which they can actually change and influence so even just for that reason alone Global Agenda is more worthy of a monthly fee.

You think that just because a game has its zones seperated into instances then it has less content? Sorry but that makes no sense whatsever. The game is divided into zones. So what? WoW is divided into zones. So is EQ2. So is Aoc. So is Aion. Even Vanguard with its supposed seamless world is made up of zones stitched together. Whether a game relies on instances or not has abolutely no bearing whatsoever on how much there is to do in it.

Guildwars did indeed prove that the monthly fee for MMO's is not neccessary. However if you're gonna compare it to Global Agenda as a means of saying "This game isnt worth the monthly fee" then the same applies to every other mmo. If you instead compare GA to the other mmos which charge monthly fees then I see no reason at all why Hi-Rez Studios should not be charging for their product. People complain about lack of innovation in the mmo genre. Well Hi-Rez Studios are offering it which is more than can be said for its competitors.

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

I agree with you. These mmos which get classed as rpgs arent really roleplaying games at all. They are just simplistic killing games with stories attached to the npcs which you can either read or ignore. The player doesnt actually get to make any roleplaying decisions in the game at all other than "I will do the quest" or "I will not do the quest".

This is why we see lots of people typing out their own pretend stories in the chat channels in a desperate yet failed attempt to turn the game into the roleplaying game that they would really prefer to be playing. They actually have to ignore the game which is on offer to get any sense of roleplaying out of it.

So really by MMO standards any game which has a chat channel in it is a roleplaying game. So.....ermm.....Counterstrike is a roleplaying game. MSN Messenger is also a roleplaying game.

ah or as some like to call it "multi-player notepad" my favorite, lol.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by mThree3

This debate is going too far. Accept it that it is a third-person shooter with no game rooms and a lot of people. That being said here are my thoughts.

Yes it is an MMORPG in the fact that a lot of people should be playing it. You level up. There is crafting. There are A LOT OF PEOPLE on one server.
    The 'ifs' on the Non-MMO part. Combat is restricted to 12vs12 (as of right now). We can compare that to battlegrounds.
    Lack of explorable world.

Oh, wait... those are  the only opinion I am hearing. Is the limit to 12vs12, and the lack of an explorable world. But to be honest is there really anymore 'exploreable' worlds in new-gen MMOs? Guildwars? Very little. WoW... okay some. WAR Very little. To be honest I do believe Global Agenda can just be considered Counter-Strike on crack. In the view that is is a F(T)PS. In the views off MMOs. I see it similar to Planet side. Planetside near its end turned into maybe 30v30 if you are lucky and no one explored because you could dropship to wherever you wanted to go.
    My stand. It is close to an MMO but it is not 100% there. It is still overall a very interesting game and I want to beta test it :(

I'm pretty sure alot of people have hammered this point home but, Guild wars has ALOT of explorable areas, WoW has ALOT of explorable areas and WAR..... ALOT I know because I have played those games and I am an explorer at heart. You can easily say that GA doesn't have explorable areas but don't go claiming that games you don't know much about or just did a run through don't have explorable areas because you'd be dead dead deeeaaaadddd wrong.

On a different note I believe GA is trying to be the ground version of eve online but without the super massiveness that eve has going for it. It's an MMO of sorts just like Guild Wars is what people refer to as MMOlite.

This is not a game.

oo MMOlite, I like that term.

Originally posted by spLagger

Multiplayer Notepad! You play that too! Thats one of my favourites. I recently bought the expansion for that. Notepad Online - The Non-existent Adventure. No monthly fees and it offers the same level of "pretend" roleplaying as any mmo. Let me know when you next load it up and we can go on some awesome pretend adventures.

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Originally posted by mThree3

This debate is going too far. Accept it that it is a third-person shooter with no game rooms and a lot of people. That being said here are my thoughts.

Yes it is an MMORPG in the fact that a lot of people should be playing it. You level up. There is crafting. There are A LOT OF PEOPLE on one server.
    The 'ifs' on the Non-MMO part. Combat is restricted to 12vs12 (as of right now). We can compare that to battlegrounds.
    Lack of explorable world.

Oh, wait... those are  the only opinion I am hearing. Is the limit to 12vs12, and the lack of an explorable world. But to be honest is there really anymore 'exploreable' worlds in new-gen MMOs? Guildwars? Very little. WoW... okay some. WAR Very little. To be honest I do believe Global Agenda can just be considered Counter-Strike on crack. In the view that is is a F(T)PS. In the views off MMOs. I see it similar to Planet side. Planetside near its end turned into maybe 30v30 if you are lucky and no one explored because you could dropship to wherever you wanted to go.
    My stand. It is close to an MMO but it is not 100% there. It is still overall a very interesting game and I want to beta test it :(

I'm pretty sure alot of people have hammered this point home but, Guild wars has ALOT of explorable areas, WoW has ALOT of explorable areas and WAR..... ALOT I know because I have played those games and I am an explorer at heart. You can easily say that GA doesn't have explorable areas but don't go claiming that games you don't know much about or just did a run through don't have explorable areas because you'd be dead dead deeeaaaadddd wrong.

On a different note I believe GA is trying to be the ground version of eve online but without the super massiveness that eve has going for it. It's an MMO of sorts just like Guild Wars is what people refer to as MMOlite.

....or MMOfocused as it cuts out the unneccessary travel times between the locations which actually have content and stuff to do in them and instead allows people to get on with the action.

Wandering around a big open 3d world is nice but its really not that big a deal. The "exploration" in those games is over-rated anyway. What do you think you're gonna find? More cloned regenerating mobs roaming around or maybe an npc with another text file attached to it. Its nice and pleasant.......at first......until you've already seen it and then no longer care. Then it becomes a pain having to travel for ages through a static landscape you have seen a billion times. Also some people have limited time to play games and dont want to spend 10-20 minutes (or even longer in some cases) just running from A to B.

For people who like to watch their avatars arse as they run past graphics of hills, trees, mountains and other stuff then Global Agenda might not be for them. However that doesnt mean it isnt an MMO. Its just an MMO without the travel timesink.

Different Strokes for Different Folks. There is a nice thing in WoW though, the landscape usually changes with the seasons and they open up new places and I hear with the latest patch they changed everything in the main areas. I don't like endless walking like the next guy, but sometimes it's not about what you can do in the environment it's merely the exploration and seeing nice landscapes. WoW did a good job with that honestly. That was actually part of the fun for me to just going around exploring and running away from mobs that were much higher than me, lol. Also the fishing trips I had with some friends was a great moment. Just wish they would change the whole "bigger the lvl gap the more you'll agro mobs" crap, couldn't play it after a point because no matter where I went I'd agro mobs that were REALLY far away, so it prevented me from exploring some places.

In the end I asked my friend about alternate play styles for WoW, like a non-violent play style, just working the market, trade skills and exploring, but to a point that's not possible and my friend told me "WoW just isn't for you" and it's true!

I think that's why Atlantica Online held me over for so long since you can play a good portion of the game as a non-violent person if you chose to.

Some people want a different play style and want different things from their games. That's why I'm really interested in GA, lol. I think it's fulfilling a niche I've been waiting for. Player progressive FPS Co-op online play. Not just simple match after match since wtf would i play this if it was just that, lol, I'd just play something like Combat Arms.

Some people want more from GA than it's giving and no one can help that since it's just what they're looking for. But for people like you and me it's going to be great I'm sure.

Originally posted by neonwire

Multiplayer Notepad! You play that too! Thats one of my favourites. I recently bought the expansion for that. Notepad Online - The Non-existent Adventure. No monthly fees and it offers the same level of "pretend" roleplaying as any mmo. Let me know when you next load it up and we can go on some awesome pretend adventures.

ah snap! Didn't know the expansion was out already! hahaha, you should join the wrist_paper_cutter guild =P

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

There is not enough info even out on this game yet for us to speculate.    :(

Originally posted by Teala

There is not enough info even out on this game yet for us to speculate.    :(

But.....ermm.....thats why we are speculating about it......because there is limited information available. If we knew everything about the game then we wouldnt be able to speculate about what it might be like.

* scratches head *

Besides there is a fair chunk of information available detailing what Hi-Rez Studios are aiming for with their game in recent articles. Sure its nothing concrete but its enough to fan the flame of debate

Different Strokes for Different Folks. There is a nice thing in WoW though, the landscape usually changes with the seasons and they open up new places and I hear with the latest patch they changed everything in the main areas. I don't like endless walking like the next guy, but sometimes it's not about what you can do in the environment it's merely the exploration and seeing nice landscapes. WoW did a good job with that honestly. That was actually part of the fun for me to just going around exploring and running away from mobs that were much higher than me, lol. Also the fishing trips I had with some friends was a great moment. Just wish they would change the whole "bigger the lvl gap the more you'll agro mobs" crap, couldn't play it after a point because no matter where I went I'd agro mobs that were REALLY far away, so it prevented me from exploring some places.
    In the end I asked my friend about alternate play styles for WoW, like a non-violent play style, just working the market, trade skills and exploring, but to a point that's not possible and my friend told me "WoW just isn't for you" and it's true!
    I think that's why Atlantica Online held me over for so long since you can play a good portion of the game as a non-violent person if you chose to.
    Some people want a different play style and want different things from their games. That's why I'm really interested in GA, lol. I think it's fulfilling a niche I've been waiting for. Player progressive FPS Co-op online play. Not just simple match after match since wtf would i play this if it was just that, lol, I'd just play something like Combat Arms.
    Some people want more from GA than it's giving and no one can help that since it's just what they're looking for. But for people like you and me it's going to be great I'm sure.

Oh indeed. I'm certainly not looking forward to Global Agenda because it will have fabulous fishing trips, fancy player houses where you can choose the colour of your curtains or wonderful sightseeing trips where you can find a hidden pond with a unique animated frog jumping around in it and a hidden fisherman who will give you a quest to find his waterproof hat.

Nope I'm looking forward to Global Agenda because it will (hopefully) be like playing an enhanced version of Battlefield 2142 (a game I used to really enjoy) where......

1. All of my individual battles actually count towards changing the outcome of a larger war

4. I get to influence and change the game world which NO other P2P mmo can offer (at least not one of decent quality anyway)

8. I can use strategy in picking and choosing which zones I attack and defend

6. Player vs Player battles are balanced, fair, action packed and fun

3 Player vs Player battles dont degenerate into brainless zergs

7. I dont have to wade through boring PvE shit to reach the fun part of the game (Aion cough cough AoC cough cough)

2. I can use cover and dodge enemies while trying to hit them (ie FPS gameplay) rather than it being a "Battle of the Calculators"

5. I dont have to play through a linear story which TELLS me what to do and removes my ability to think for myself

In short I'm looking forward to Global Agenda because it is offering something new.......something which people keep saying they want. It will give me a type of mmo to play which is currently unavailable (no I dont want to play Darkfall thanks for the suggestion lol). Yet so many people just moan and complain because it doesnt offer exactly what all the other games have been offering for years (even though people keep posting about how bored they are with quests, grinding, dumb stories etc)......and therefore that must of course mean it isnt a "real mmo" (ie the same as the rest) and is only worthy of contempt from elitist mmo snobs. Hmph! I wont be playing THAT game! Thats not how an mmo should be made. Instances?! Hmph!

If I want to watch my avatar walk around a big open fantasy world then there are plenty of games which already do that. Besides we dont even know what Global Agenda PvE element will be like yet. Who knows maybe that pond with the frog and the fisherman can be found in it somewhere.