Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that I've tried Champion's Online...

J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

This message was edited on 8/16/15 at 5:30:00 AM

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)

Comments

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

I wonder if CO wanted to beat some other things out. I think CO could be great and I almost had my money on the table until I caught wind of the “leaked” WoW info. And other games like Aion are getting a lot of the spot light. CO is fun, as fun as CoX and I didn’t feel it offered anything new. Sure you can run and fight but the enemy attacks still follow you until then hit and the blocking Is just one more thing to mash.

If DCUO combat is like they say, its going to be a great game. I’m ready to play a MMO on gameing system; since I have a PS3 I’ll wait for DCUO and play WoW til then.

• havok527havok527 Member Posts: 80

I just hope this game will be at least just as good or better than CoH/CoV.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by mmcguire2
    I wonder if CO wanted to beat some other things out. I think CO could be great and I almost had my money on the table until I caught wind of the “leaked” WoW info. And other games like Aion are getting a lot of the spot light. CO is fun, as fun as CoX and I didn’t feel it offered anything new. Sure you can run and fight but the enemy attacks still follow you until then hit and the blocking Is just one more thing to mash.
    If DCUO combat is like they say, its going to be a great game. I’m ready to play a MMO on gameing system; since I have a PS3 I’ll wait for DCUO and play WoW til then.

After playing CO in beta for six months I can honestly say that game is a total suck fest. Sure it's fun now because it's something different, but it doesn't take long at all for the tragic flaws of their combat system to become glaringly clear. Give it a couple months and it'll be a wasteland.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

I would be more excited about DCUO but really have a strong disliking for anything DC and really have no desire to play alongside their iconic heroes. I'll stay with CO. That being said, I hope all of these games are a success. We need more choice when it comes to superhero MMOs. It's been a one man show for way too long. SOE can do...odd things to MMOs. They listen to their better angels when it comes to DCUO.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I enjoyed my time in CO...Im kinda done with the beta now. Not much to do since theres no way to get to the high level content in beta.

And On why I wont play DCUO, SOE.

I think SOE says it all, if you havent dealt with them and there EVIL ways good luck to you!

Dax

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

So far champions online has been great.  DCUO has a lot to contend with.  Its got one big plus and one big negative.  Only time can tell if it can be a contendor with CO.

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

Played 10 pvp matches last night @ 40.

Broken OP power build = no deaths

Any other build = fodder

There's just too many broken powers atm. Melee is a virutal joke compared to ranged (big surprise there). Teleport is a free evac. CC is borked..perma kb anyone? Regen, PFF and Invul ranked up are just WTF. I tried offensive passives and while my DPS shot up, my survivability was pathetic.

CO is almost worth picking up for the comedic value. It's so hilariously unbalanced, nothing will ever save it.

Someone said it best in the powerhouse "FOTM or GTFO".

I'm actually pondering the thought of quest grinding to 40 so I can see Lemuria, Monster Island and all the lairs..that's how bored I am. DCUO beta would be a Godsend right about now.

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898
    Originally posted by acidworm

The ball's in your court SOE. Do something with it.
    I pray your game doesn't feel completely disjointed with instances layered on top of other instances.
    I pray your game is not a linear Disneyland tour.
    I pray your game is not a quest fest and has alot more to offer than "!" and "?" NPCs.
    I pray your game has a robust fighting system that doesn't feel like you're treading through molasses.
    I can go on, and on...and on. However, DCUO is probably feature complete and in it's pre-beta polish stage so I'll save you the warnings, for now.
    In the meantime, I'll be praying for an immersive, next-gen superhero MMOG.

Man, CO isn't bad, but quite mediocre. So I hope DCU makes it better. I admit, playing alongside famous DC heroes is a thrill CO does not have.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Atleast CO will have a successful launch compared to what we have had in a long time.  So far from what I have seen in DCUO, there is just no creativity there and they are soley counting on the DC superheroes reputation. Nothing I have seen from DCUO so far is giving me those warm fuzzies. They have all this big names but they have all the craptastic ideas to go along with it. SOE at its finest.

• stine96stine96 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Its really fun to watch the same people complain over and over about a game in Alpha. And one they have not even played. But what is really amusing is the hype they portray for a game they have not played either.

Originally posted by stine96

Its really fun to watch the same people complain over and over about a game in Alpha. And one they have not even played. But what is really amusing is the hype they portray for a game they have not played either.

QFT!

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Manchine

So far champions online has been great.  DCUO has a lot to contend with.  Its got one big plus and one big negative.  Only time can tell if it can be a contendor with CO.

One major factor sets DC above CO... that is the fact that you can play as Either a Hero or Villain and pvp against the opposite side in the world itself.

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

I got in on the 3-day head start and just dinged 20 before the server came down for maintenance.

The one thing that horrifies me about CO is how you can't fully respec. If you want to go back to the start to change some things, you can only respec the last 10 steps . With talents, advantages and powers, you can build your champ thousands of different ways so unless you were in beta for a long time and have your build down-pact, you're bound to mess up. I have a suspicion they might use the cash shop to let you fully respec. This would be a big red flag for all the anti-RMT users, myself included.

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

the only good thing at DC online is the licence: you will meet catwoman, superman, batman and so on... but when you take a look at the art direction and see the uncool and ugly 3D-models, then you have no problem to wait for the marvel based mmorpg.

btw:

it's a SOE game. i wouldn't expect too much.

Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Originally posted by Manchine

One major factor sets DC above CO... that is the fact that you can play as Either a Hero or Villain and pvp against the opposite side in the world itself.

Exactly.  The one bad thing is its a shooter game with RPG elements.