Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Vault refuses to acknowledge refunds

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by vaylha

You know Blood I always thought you were fairly intelligent, beginning to wonder now.
    You can't sign away your rights and the law protects fools that try to. It doesn't matter what some 20 something in Europe says, he has no legal authority and I defy you to show me where anyone SIGNED A FRIGGING THING creating a contractual agreement with offer, counter offer, renumeration and delivery. SV has NOT delivered a single concrete product therefore a person is totally within their right to a refund for a non-delivered product.
    I suggest you look up the law on how long a company has to deliver a product before they get on the wrong side of the law. In the US it is 30 days if memory serves. Well guess the F what, SV is past that point and now in violation. They have to inform you if a delivery will be delayed beyond 30 days in writting and offer you a refund if you refuse to accept the delay. Have you or anyone gotten a letter from them?
    Didn't f'n think so. So give it up they have no recourse and at this point in time are in violation of US credit laws. Not too cool for them is it?
    Gawd you internet kiddies are such tools. Learn some actual facts and quit relying on Wikii and other worthless sources.

I don't know why so many of you seem to be confused by this concept. The agreement was never that you would receive a completed, playable product immediately after purchasing the early access. This early purchase granted you ONLY the right to log in and BETA TEST the game early. You were never promised anything beyond this and were in fact warned that the testing process would be rough to begin with.

In terms of what was actually promised and what has been delivered, SV has not broken any agreements. They have provided beta access exactly as they said they would. You can download their client right now and, assuming you are in one of the active beta blocks, you can log in and TEST things.

You are right that the purchase demands that you eventually be provided a finished product, but no one ever said anywhere that the beta test would be an immediately playable and fun experience. If that was what you expected, I'm sorry, but that is due to your own ignorance. Testing games prior to release is often a frustrating and unenjoyable experience, but it is necessary in order to eventually get the game to a playable and polished state...

If you don't have what it takes to be a beta tester, don't test the game. But don't expect anyone to give you a refund. You are not entitled one...

• HolaPacoHolaPaco Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by vaylha

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by slask777

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by slask777

Well Mrbloodworth, an agreement can say whatever they want it to say, it still can't ignore the law and make contradicting terms. The law is the law and no business is above it, written agreement or not.

You waved the right.

So if you waved your right cause a clever salesman fooled you, you got no rights? Don't think it works that way even down in the old US of A. Here in Norway atleast, that's not the case. You are guaranteed your rights no matter what.

Don't agree to things you dont understand, or, sign it, just dont be surprised that what it said, was correct and will be enforced.

Did you read and agree to the terms and conditions? You only have yourself to blame if you now have regret. I think people just wanted a sure shot at a beta slot, and thought they could just pre-order, get the code, play some beta, and cancel. Even though it said IN PLAIN ENGLISH, no refunds. There is no controversy here.

Stuck on stupid I tell you.

What is with you people?

You know Blood I always thought you were fairly intelligent, beginning to wonder now.

You can't sign away your rights and the law protects fools that try to. It doesn't matter what some 20 something in Europe says, he has no legal authority and I defy you to show me where anyone SIGNED A FRIGGING THING creating a contractual agreement with offer, counter offer, renumeration and delivery. SV has NOT delivered a single concrete product therefore a person is totally within their right to a refund for a non-delivered product.

I suggest you look up the law on how long a company has to deliver a product before they get on the wrong side of the law. In the US it is 30 days if memory serves. Well guess the F what, SV is past that point and now in violation. They have to inform you if a delivery will be delayed beyond 30 days in writting and offer you a refund if you refuse to accept the delay. Have you or anyone gotten a letter from them?

Didn't f'n think so. So give it up they have no recourse and at this point in time are in violation of US credit laws. Not too cool for them is it?

Gawd you internet kiddies are such tools. Learn some actual facts and quit relying on Wikii and other worthless sources.

First of all I don't care about looking into the laws for this situation especially since this OP seems to loves to post about this company without any type of proof. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/forums/thread/246896/0.html

However if you are pointing out that no one has brought any concrete evidence to back up their claim, you are guilty of it too.  I'm just saying "in the US it is 30 days if memory serves" isn't the best way to convince me that you did your homework on this matter either.  If you can come up with some actually facts or laws regarding contracts for virtual property you will provide more validity to your argument.

/$.02

• exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

All of this shit people are posting makes absolutely NO difference. If you paid cash for a preorder then thats on you ( personaly will never again pay for a preorder after Mourning/Realms of torment), BUT i dont care how many laws these web browsing attorneys say you are going to get in trouble for if you take back your cash. UNLESS they piss enough people off that a majority of people that did start chargebacks then i dont see any company spending the cash to try and keep there money. It would take thousands of dollars to try and win a companies money back from a chargeback. I personly have charged back games i have paid for, monthly sub fees and what ever the hell i decided to charge back if i wasnt satisfied with what i got. I did this with SWG after they messed it up. I charged back 2 months of sub fees from EQ2 after it released just because my comp was on the min req list and i couldnt play it smoothly so i took it back and ran a charge back.

Pretty good perks that protect the customer. Bottom line is if you dont want to keep it do a charge back. Get your cash back and move on.

• RespenRespen Member Posts: 12

Just wanted to say I'm glad this thread exists.  Fanboys aside, some great points.  The game is crap, it's foundation is crap.  The only good points about the game right now have nothing to do with the actual developer.  The engine/server and anything impressive about the game thus far have been done by epic.  it's not going to make the deadline they claim and not by a long shot.  Right there makes everything you signed on for moot as far as I am concerned.  EVERYTHING in this game feels thrown together quickly.  It's not happening this year and will probably never happen to a degree that it's worth playing IMO.

This game shouldn't be touched with a 10' pole.  It's nothing but a scam at the moment, taking advantage of gamers looking for something actually revolutionary.  Apparently way too good to be true.

On a side note... anyone actually get their money back?

• AbloecAbloec Member CommonPosts: 315
    Originally posted by Respen

Just wanted to say I'm glad this thread exists.  Fanboys aside, some great points.  The game is crap, it's foundation is crap.  The only good points about the game right now have nothing to do with the actual developer.  The engine/server and anything impressive about the game thus far have been done by epic.  it's not going to make the deadline they claim and not by a long shot.  Right there makes everything you signed on for moot as far as I am concerned.  EVERYTHING in this game feels thrown together quickly.  It's not happening this year and will probably never happen to a degree that it's worth playing IMO.

This game shouldn't be touched with a 10' pole.  It's nothing but a scam at the moment, taking advantage of gamers looking for something actually revolutionary.  Apparently way too good to be true.

lol, just a quick question, what does being a fanboy depend on?

Lemme guess someone who speaks highly of a game when you think badly about the game.

Server and Engine have nothing to do with the devs huh, did they not buy the engine from Epic? They designed the world, a graphics engine is just a tool.  Server was done by Epic, hardly. Starvault contacted Epic to get cooperation in fixing the server because of complications with the unreal 3 engine.

How the hell does the game feel thrown together? It isn't even finished or released yet so please elaborate.

If this game is a scam, its to their selves they have paid around 500k to a million dollars just for the engine, even with preorders they can't make even close to their money back.

Damnant quod non intellegunt
  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

give aion and champions a try, good things to be had, nothing really revolutionary but lots of fun to be had.  cheers.

Originally posted by neorandom

give aion and champions a try, good things to be had, nothing really revolutionary but lots of fun to be had.  cheers.

Aion is same ol same ol, Champions intregues me alil bit with the customization but im worried it would be a repeat of CoHCoV

Originally posted by Abloec

Lemme guess someone who speaks highly of a game when you think badly about the game.

Server and Engine have nothing to do with the devs huh, did they not buy the engine from Epic? They designed the world, a graphics engine is just a tool.  Server was done by Epic, hardly. Starvault contacted Epic to get cooperation in fixing the server because of complications with the unreal 3 engine.

How the hell does the game feel thrown together? It isn't even finished or released yet so please elaborate.

If this game is a scam, its to their selves they have paid around 500k to a million dollars just for the engine, even with preorders they can't make even close to their money back.

If you've played the beta and still have faith in the game you are a fanboy.  The game is shite, this is an indisputable fact.  And yeah, the server and engine have nothing to do with the devs... both were designed by epic.  Thus the graphical capabilities and the zero clip distance (the only positivie I've heard abut the beta) is the result of someone elses labor.

The game is set for release within the next 4 months.  Trust me, it feels thrown together, it's less than the shell of the game.  There is no way in hell it'll make the deadline.  Nothing with textures in the game feels anywhere near completion, at best they have the feel of a user made mod for UT3.  

I've been a fan since the day it was announced, I've got a $75 investment in the game.  I was wearing rose colored glasses and optamistic about the future of the game.  I want the next UO, I want a good sandbox game... hell I'll even take a mediocre clone.  I bought into the hype of the development teams' dream.   But it isn't happening and I'm not going to eat shit and pretend it's lobster with filet mignon.  This game is a turd and will always be a turd.  The developers have more in common with an ambitious end user than a developer.

Originally posted by Abloec

If you've played the beta and still have faith in the game you are a fanboy.  The game is shite, this is an indisputable fact.  And yeah, the server and engine have nothing to do with the devs... both were designed by epic.  Thus the graphical capabilities and the zero clip distance (the only positivie I've heard abut the beta) is the result of someone elses labor.

The game is set for release within the next 4 months.  Trust me, it feels thrown together, it's less than the shell of the game.  There is no way in hell it'll make the deadline.  Nothing with textures in the game feels anywhere near completion, at best they have the feel of a user made mod for UT3.  

I've been a fan since the day it was announced, I've got a $75 investment in the game.  I was wearing rose colored glasses and optamistic about the future of the game.  I want the next UO, I want a good sandbox game... hell I'll even take a mediocre clone.  I bought into the hype of the development teams' dream.   But it isn't happening and I'm not going to eat shit and pretend it's lobster with filet mignon.  This game is a turd and will always be a turd.  The developers have more in common with an ambitious end user than a developer.

lol, So anyone who doesn't lose hope at the drop of a hat is a fanboy ok..... If you have played beta, you should see the possibilities but obviously don't. Engine was designed by epic ill give you that but the server is being built by Starvault, give me a link saying Epic is making their server, epic is helping them sort out some issues with the engine but thats it, so don't spout bullshit. lol, you do realise theres more to making the game run well than buying the right engine.

They paid for the engine so techniquely its theirs. More than likely they have spent time tweaking the engine also, you have no idea what they have changed about the engine. Your making it out to be that creating the game world is easy, when in reality it isn't I mean seriously if it was that easy you do it.

They are shooting to release the game in 4 months its not a definate answer. Just because the game will not meet a deadline does not mean its shit, just means they will be pushing the game back more than likely and if they don't they will have a lot of angry people wanting refunds so I believe they will push back before they even think about releasing the game without the features they announced would be in.

All I can see from your post really is your used to the glorified selling tactics of other MMO's that release fully finished betas to the public and your mad that you can't actually play the full game yet. So calm down and wait until 2010 and try the game again.

I believe in this company to do the right thing, and thats push the release date back because atm I do not see the game being finished by Q4 of this year, unless they have already gone through a beta and polished features, which for all we know its possible.

I'm not going to humor you by going in circles with this argument.  Nor will I dig to prove that the server is Epic China's baby, not Starvault's, feel free to bathe in that ignorance if you please.

Originally posted by Carnivorous

<Mod Edit>

Sooo lemme guess you were in beta for all of an hour and because you wanted to play the actual game, this is shit.... Yea ok well doesn't really matter If MO does fall through so be it, but what about if it does turn out to be the new UO, you still going to piss and rant about how the game is shit and you will never play it. Doubt it.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Sounds like 'Oh Crap, I actually have to beta 'test' an early unfinished game and now I want out', oh please save me CC company!

Take some responsibility for your actions people.

• MMOGuruMMOGuru Member Posts: 50

The only reason you can't get a refund from SV is because Global Collect handles the accounts.  You have to get the refund from Global Collect and that's about impossible.

The solution is to charge back the purchase using "have not recieved item" as the reason.  The payment company will contact SV and SV will send out "FAKE" (yes I said fake this is not a rumor) tracking numbers.  You payment company will see the tracking numbers are invalid and issue a full refund on the spot.

Star Vault is a small company run by idiots and funded by family members.  Mortal Online is a Vaporware project.  I recieved a full refund and everyone else who has followed my instructions has as well.

There is no reason to fund this project it will be bankrupt by release and it will never be more than a fancy Unreal Tech Demo with auto generated Grome landscapes.

Get the refunds you are legally entitled to.  Charge back this worthless excuse for a company.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I wasn't able to get a refund from AV over Darkfull even though I provided 20 pages of documentation outlining why I didn't get what I believed I was purchasing.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

That's because you got what you paid for.

No one who pre-ordered MO has recieved their purchase and until they do they can get a full refund using the chargeback for "have not recieved item"

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by mrcalhou

I wasn't able to get a refund from AV over Darkfull even though I provided 20 pages of documentation outlining why I didn't get what I believed I was purchasing.

Difference is you got the game you bought. No one who has pre-ordered the game (full price) has been given access to a fully released game. All anyone has paid for, currently, is a place holder.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by drel

Before anyone considers purchasing this game before release, be aware, Star Vault refuses to acknowledge any cancellation you might want to do should you change your mind and not want to buy it.
    This is what is happening to me. I'm letting my credit card company settle the dispute.

Don't care about MO. But seriously if you buy it you buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you need more info before, don't preorder.

How hard can it be?

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380

All I gotta say is, stay away from the fringe. If its not mainstream you are asking for trouble.

In other news, people are frantic about Champions Online as it continues its growth to overtake Wow...

Originally posted by Draccan

Originally posted by drel

Before anyone considers purchasing this game before release, be aware, Star Vault refuses to acknowledge any cancellation you might want to do should you change your mind and not want to buy it.
    This is what is happening to me. I'm letting my credit card company settle the dispute.

Don't care about MO. But seriously if you buy it you buy it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you need more info before, don't preorder.

How hard can it be?

As hard as it is for a company claiming to "beta test" an alpha tech demo without beta forums while selling (for full price not reservations) access to beta that wasn't availible for another month, and then delaying the release (after pre-order sales went up) from Summer 09 to Q4 09.

About that hard.

And this doesn't even begin to mention the hundreds upon hundreds of orders that never got confirmed and were just left out in limbo because global collect screwed the pooch on limited connections.  All those people who paid in full (were charged) for the pre-order yet never recieved any confirmation from Global Collect or Star Vault.  Star Vault tries to deny their refund requests.  That's where the problem is.  All these idiots spouting "they told you it was rough" nonsense are avoiding the real issue. 

Star Vault and Global Collect are trying to steal thousands of dollars from those people.  They have no confirmation of their order.  They have been charged in full.  They cannot access their store accounts.  Star Vault refuses to return customer service emails because -and I quote- " it's not a priority at this time".

These are the people that matter.  No one cares about the idiots who don't like the game and just want a refund out of spite.

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by JGMIII

SV is just trying to protect themselves from players paying for the pre-order to play for free (OB) and then canceling so they don't need to actually pay for the game.
    It's a bullshit trick done by the playerbase and I'm glad they are trying to stop this nonsense.
    Be honest OP, You had no intentions of buying MO you just wanted the Free Beta invite right?

Maybe he wanted to try it out before blinding going into another shitty sub standard MMO release.

It's clear these developers have no idea what they're doing, or what they're even talking about.

• XaaninXaanin Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by TenchiMuyo

I haven't read the entire thread; too long, I just have to say...SV is not an American company. They do not follow the laws of America in the term of refunds and returns. They do not have to follow those laws.
    Yeah, it may suck; and the double postings suck; but that's why debit cards and credit cards have the option to dispute charges. So suck it up; and take responsibility, it's the chance you take for making a deal with a non-American company. I did the same, and haven't had a problem, and I am patiently, and happily waiting for my Beta block.

One would however expect them to follow Swedish laws, which would mean atleast Swedish customers would be able to get their money back up to 14 days after they've received the final game, assuming the box hasn't been opened.

• apple01apple01 Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Xaanin

I haven't read the entire thread; too long, I just have to say...SV is not an American company. They do not follow the laws of America in the term of refunds and returns. They do not have to follow those laws.
    Yeah, it may suck; and the double postings suck; but that's why debit cards and credit cards have the option to dispute charges. So suck it up; and take responsibility, it's the chance you take for making a deal with a non-American company. I did the same, and haven't had a problem, and I am patiently, and happily waiting for my Beta block.

One would however expect them to follow Swedish laws, which would mean atleast Swedish customers would be able to get their money back up to 14 days after they've received the final game, assuming the box hasn't been opened.

I doubt if this law applies to digital purchase. Like you purchase a download ebook or music, you cannot get refunded.

But I think it is good in the long run for any company to treat their customers well, even the stupid ones, and I am sure SV is doing that.

• XaaninXaanin Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by apple01

Originally posted by Xaanin

I doubt if this law applies to digital purchase. Like you purchase a download ebook or music, you cannot get refunded.

But I think it is good in the long run for any company to treat their customers well, even the stupid ones, and I am sure SV is doing that.

Actually, ebooks and music are covered, even if you buy them online and only get a digital copy. Whether an MMO game would be covered if it was a simple digital download is questionable however, but that would only matter after the product was made available, not before like is the case here.

Actually they have 7 days to dispute the charge even for digital purchases, starting from the day the purchase was made.  So even Digital Downloads can get a full refund if they dispute within 7 days.

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by mrcalhou

I tried to get a refund also for EU DF initial price, so i could repurchase the NA client with that money. I had played the retail game for 3 months, and that was the only reason my CC didn't give a refund.

This is an entirely different situation, they didn't meet the shipping deadline they set themselves, when they sold the product. Now that many have done chargebacks successfully, it actually makes it alot easier to get one when your CC investigates the purchase, and sees that theres a trend of chargebacks to this company. If you purchased the boxed version of the game and have not recieved it, you will have no problems getting you money back.

I read someplace they will try to defend themsselves by providing your CC company with a false tracking number. Inform your CC of this and they will check that, if SV tried to give them one. Once they see that they did, they won't be asking SV for anything else, and will refund you.

I purchased the boxed version of the game, and my CC has a 3 month refund policy. They will do refunds for longer periods of time, but it's more difficult, so I learned with my attempt to chargeback AV. So that is how long SV has from me, before I follow suit. Clock is ticking, and its not looking good.