Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uhm.. pvp?

I'd like to know from someone who's playing lotro.. is there any pvp beside the monster player stuff?

something like world pvp/duels/arena. If there is, how is it like?

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by blacksand33

I'd like to know from someone who's playing lotro.. is there any pvp beside the monster player stuff?
    something like world pvp/duels/arena. If there is, how is it like?

There is only monster play. The lore, if you know anything about the books/movies, does not allow hobbit on hobbit violence.

There are two factions, the free peoples, and the army's of Mordor. Monster play is the army's of Mordor. I suspect it will be expanded as we get closer to Mordor.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• blacksand33blacksand33 Member Posts: 22

Thank you for the info.

Actually, i do know (and love) the lore but i really hoped there was a far more appealing pvp system in lotro.

Think i'll give it a try anyway :)

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

There is dueling as well.

Thank you for the info.
    Actually, i do know (and love) the lore but i really hoped there was a far more appealing pvp system in lotro.

Whats not appealing about playing as a monster? Monsters can quest, increase stats, use items, and hunt players that are also questing.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Thank you for the info.

Whats not appealing about playing as a monster? Monsters can quest, increase stats, use items, and hunt players that are also questing.

Nothing weird, really. I just think I wouldn't like much the idea of using to pvp a different charachter I use for pve.

Also I can't really understand why I can't use a "normal" char to pvp... I mean, there are a lot of epic battles in lotr lore between elves, dwarves and humans against minions of Sauron (if not just goblins and orc [or dragons :P ]  like in "The Hobbit").

I got curious about this so I plan on trying lotro, at least the trial which I'm downloading right now (but it's terribly slow to download :( )

However, I'd like to hear more about lotro.

Could you tell me which aspects of the game are particularly interesting/noteworthy in your opinion?

I've read a few revies but most of them are dated and honestly I think most of the people who review mmorpg usually don't play long enough to give a decent and realistic opinion regarding a new game.

You can use your main toon to PvP, go questing in the most play area ;)

----------

How are you?" -Me

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013

Thank you for the info.

Nothing weird, really. I just think I wouldn't like much the idea of using to pvp a different charachter I use for pve.

Also I can't really understand why I can't use a "normal" char to pvp... I mean, there are a lot of epic battles in lotr lore between elves, dwarves and humans against minions of Sauron (if not just goblins and orc [or dragons :P ]  like in "The Hobbit").

I got curious about this so I plan on trying lotro, at least the trial which I'm downloading right now (but it's terribly slow to download :( )

Could you tell me which aspects of the game are particularly interesting in your opinion?

I've read a few revies but most of them are dated and honestly I think most of the people who review mmorpg usually don't play long enough to give a decent and realistic opinion regarding a new game.

This game takes place during the time of "The Lord of the Rings" and I don't recall any battles between elves and dwarves and men during that time?

And you can use a normal character to pvp. However, you will be up against players who are using their monster characters.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Thank you for the info.

Could you tell me which aspects of the game are particularly interesting in your opinion?

This game takes place during the time of "The Lord of the Rings" and I don't recall any battles between elves and dwarves and men during that time?

And you can use a normal character to pvp. However, you will be up against players who are using their monster characters.

Lol no, I meant human + elves + dwarves VS orcs + goblin + generic evil creatures.

The fact i can use my normal char to pvp sounds good, my chances to enjoy lotro have just raised :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013

Originally posted by Sovrath

Thank you for the info.

Lol no, I meant human + elves + dwarves VS orcs + goblin + generic evil creatures.

The fact i can use my normal char to pvp sounds good, my chances to enjoy lotro have just raised :)

ah, sorry, I misread that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • arebareb Member Posts: 144

PvMP in Lotro is misunderstood and underrated.  Whereas other games you can PvP while levelling, in Lotro it's purely endgame (unless you play creepside while levelling).  After grinding 60 levels of PvE, the PvMP can come as quite a shock.  It's an open PvP zone, one map.  There are 9 freep classes and 6 creep classes.  The creep classes are totally different skill wise than the freeps.  If you want to really understand everything that's going on in the moors, you must have at least some knowledge of 15 different classes.  If you like to raid, zerg, solo, or small group play, attack keeps, defend keeps, it's all there...  Combat wise having played WAR and WoW I'd say the feel of combat is as good or better than any of those games.  Just takes time to get the flow of it.

Personally I have 2 lvl 60 freeps and 4 ranked creeps.  I enjoyed soloing and raiding the most.  If you like 1v1s, you will find them... It takes time though, and you will be zerged while trying to find them!  But depending on the classes and skill levels involved you can have some epic 1v1s.  I'm sure all servers have accomplished raid leaders and if you manage to find a good 24v24 scrap it's awesome.. SOmething everyone needs to try at least once.  And all servers have tight, competitive PvMP communities which is a unique atmosphere.  So despite flaws such as population balance, lack of freep rewards, some OP classes and some lag I recommned everyone take their lvl 60 out to the Moors, get to at least rank 5.  Then level a creep up to at least rank 5 and get some maps.  And if you aren't into it after that, then go back to PvE lol

----------

How are you?" -Me