Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (Probably Short) Beta Review

AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Alright, I got into the beta a bit late, so I did not get to an incredibly high level. But, I can say this is the most fun i've had in an MMORPG in awhile, it is definitely a breath of fresh air. There is a boatload of powers, and most are customizable, change the appearance, what they do, ect.

I played a Shadow/Single Blade character, though you are not limited to just that. From what I saw, there don't seem to be any restrictions on powers, as I had all available in the Power Buying menu, there are a few other interesting features too. Charge Skills, Sustain Skills, and the instances are a blast and truly scripted well.

There was one, which I do not remember what they were called exactly, but you could buy a Title of sorts (You don't wear it) like "Unbreakable" that would increase constitution by a certain number of points. With a wide variety of items, generally partaining mainly to a single stat, that you could equip it made it very fun, as you could completely customize your build.

Personally, while they have right to their own opinion, I do not know where these bad reviews get off saying this stuff, I enjoyed the game quite a deal. I'd probably give it roughly a 7.5 or 8 of 10.

A few things I did not like though, would include that most attacks were Auto-aimed, even though position matters. Many of the AOEs were difficult to use, and the graphics were a bit, strange. They are Cell-Shaded, but at the same time have realistic lighting, and such, and look more comical then detailed. Another thing was that there are a few duplicate powers, that do roughly the same damage and effect, Single Blade and Dual Blades have a few copies of each other, with a slight variation.

Sorry for a bit of a short review, I just wanted to post my thoughts now that the NDA was down.

Comments

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

It was to the point, thanks!

Not to troll but how did you find the AoEs hard to use? Charge em up to the level you want and let it go.  BOOM AoE!!!!

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

There was no way to tell how big the AOE was, if it did less to other ones hit, ect.

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I wouldn't mind seeing an AoE circle to place so I knew exactly where my aoe was going to go. I guess you have to just kinda rough guess it, heh. Maybe there is a targetting circle and I never tried one of those powers, the only ones I saw were either centered on you or centered on the target.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Sounds like the graphics are something that either strikes some folks wrong, or their graphic cards display them oddly.

Sounds like you had fun and thanks for the update.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon