Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CryEngine 2 is now being implemented! Version Update 10 is here!

Renton81Renton81 Member Posts: 92

Entropia Universe has now gone Offline in preparation of the implentation of Cryengine 2.

Because this is a very big update, and the base engine is being changed etc, obviously it will take time to implement - no exact time has been announced, but it shouldnt take anymore than a few days.

Anyway - one word in honour of the news: "WOoooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!1!one!!!"

Received my first Free UGC code! :)
Claim your Free UGC code Here

Comments

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

CE2 in Entropia is just LOL, this is what happens when incompetent ppl use great tools = FAIL.

This is what they say it will be huge wow I think I saw it all but this is just hilarious.

To new users if you cant log in don’t worry is normal.

• NddeshNddesh Member Posts: 65

We can't do public beta test in EU.. as its an RCE game.. those who are in Beta would have great advantage after the release of CE2.. which sadly make all players a beta tester and play on a unoptimized game... Some random crashes is all i get tho..

• TorschenTorschen Member Posts: 78

While Crysis and such present us "vast" valleys and such, it is still running in a tube.

Well I really have experience of Crysis only, of Cryengine games, and graphics there are really nice (also there I could criticize somewhat unnaturalness of leaves and so on but its not too annoying when the vegetation is so dense), but the game is still what is called tube-running. The tube may seem large, like a valley, or series of valleys, but basically you can most of the time pretty much reach its limits with binoculars. And between transitions from tube to another there is the loading pause.

Compared to that, EU uses really VAST outdoor areas stretching tens of kilometers to every direction, without any visible transitions at all.

Is it somehow possible that that puts limits to how detailed the surrounding can be, before all but the best computers choke and give up?

Also, in Crysis there was not so much variation in human models. Now, how about Entropia?  One of the main features is ability to fashion clothes with colors and textures.. that also taxes the system. And its a mmorpg, for heavens sake, characters are also different. Not in like WoW way, but more like Sims3 way. Do understand that all this puts limits what is possible. You cannot have all this and a crysis-like density of vegetation.

The graphics in EU vary from phenomenally beautiful to unfinishedly crappy, but the general appearance is definitely up-to-date.

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Here's a comparison of  pre and post Cryengine upgrade:

It's on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQ0iBJU9ls

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• FledoFledo Member Posts: 64

Your skill in necro'ing has increased by +1!

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by Fledo

You forgot to ask for $15 to actually train the skill. This is Entropia, remember?

Originally posted by TheHatter

Originally posted by Fledo

You forgot to ask for $15 to actually train the skill. This is Entropia, remember?

You made me lol...

Good call =D

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Yeah, but the video does indeed show the contrast between older releases and the Cryengine version. It also has some footage of the vehicle tests made in the live environment. Vehicles are slated for public release when VU 11.2 drops ths week. When 11.2 goes live, company reps will be on the planet handing out limited use vehicles to players for a test drive.

Sure, whine about the necro, but at least say, wow, that game looks pretty good!

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by AlphaGeek

but at least say, wow, that game looks pretty good!

No. But, to each their own.

But, I do give them credit in pumping some money back into the game, rather than just squandering it all away then crying about how they don't have later.

Kinda sad when you respect companies for doing things they all SHOULD be doing though, lol.

Originally posted by TheHatter

Originally posted by AlphaGeek

but at least say, wow, that game looks pretty good!

No. But, to each their own.

But, I do give them credit in pumping some money back into the game, rather than just squandering it all away then crying about how they don't have later.

Kinda sad when you respect companies for doing things they all SHOULD be doing though, lol.

Yeah thats really true, you don't often see MMO companies updating the engine or the graphics for a game. So you gotta give them some respect for that.