Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update to my Free Trial Post

locfordlocford Member UncommonPosts: 28

Since I don't have access to great speed internet, I posted a question wondering if I could use "Bring a Friend" discs that I have from a previous DAOC expansion. Well, the answer is no.  As soon as you try to start the launncher, it tells you the game version is no longer supported. While it does not take a great deal of time to load DAOC from these disks, any time saved is more time played.

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

It might save some time to use the BAF disks. Have you tried following these instructions after using the disks? It might help you get the rest of the files you need.

1) Download the new installer here, www.darkageofcamelot.com/download, and run it;

2) After accepting the License Agreement, type in the current directory of your DAoC installation in the field provided and click install (for example, if you currently play the game with Darkness Rising or the Epic Edition, the default directory you would type in may be C:MythicDarkness, but you will need to confirm this yourself) - this will update your current game client instead of downloading the entire game from scratch;

3) A new icon will be installed on the desktop (you may use either the new or existing desktop icon to patch and access the game);

4) Double click the DAoC icon on your desktop and allow the game to patch.