Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica vs Runes of magic

2»

Comments

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

i think it would be nice if we can try RoM and DnD and compare them

gameplay and market wise

it's better if we can compare these two instead

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

Anyont who triedboth so he can compare?

last time, i'm having trouble registering in DDO, looks like the site's busy with all the new players registering too

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

try the chronicle of spellborn its one of the nice game in mmo f2p

rom is good too

cant say any about atlantica havent played it 

isnt it this one game that do same or close to same as sword of the new world

• MizakoMizako Member Posts: 31

I'm quite a high lvl in AO and seen like 90% of the content the game can offer. Still there are things to do and achieve, AO can offer many activities including afk based, and decent high lvl content. To my mind the high lvl content in AO is much reacher than low and middle lvl one and they keep adding it. Don't want to sound like a fanboy though, AO has its problems, some are quite annoying, but the game is at least worth trying.

a unqiue gameplay will make or break a game, but copying from other games can be risky if players grew tired of playing the same old gameplay over and over

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

with regards to content... with the new patch... there are new things to do as a high level. and also for the lowbies out there. there was a post in the atlantica forums saying that if you do the quests from 1- 93 without repeating it via huichao once.. you will be lvl 89 just from the exp rewards alone. so aside from the mobs... your sure to be a highbie by just questing. so the content of AO for me caters to both lowbies and Highbies ^^

it's funny that some players prefer games that have good graphics but ugly gameplay, usually their reason is that graphics is everything, but i gotta disagree on that, coz gameplay is the no. 1 factor, graphics is just second to it

• frigginjoefrigginjoe Member Posts: 1

Well, there are great two games to consider.  They're both at the height of F2P quality, but are about as different as games in the genre can get.  They can therefore both be played for a different experience or will both be very easy to show you which of the two you'd prefer within about 15 minutes of playing them.  The contrast in play style is immediately evident.

Btw - it's worth noting that while RoM's look/feel is obviously ripped from WoW, there are some key elements to the game that make it very different.  Character and gear customization is on a different level than most anything, and quite frankly it can be more fun trying class combinations than proceeding into endgame. :O

Also worth noting in RoM, when you do get to endgame, you had better have done a lot of gold-making, because you can go through more money than you'll ever spend on a P2P game just to get yourself gear up to be able to run endgame instances.

If you don't want to spend months and months at the endgame brick wall in RoM, you're going to have to spend a lot of IRL money or farm until your eyes bleed.