Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft bans EU countries from AION EU. UPDATED.

Comments

• RichijefeRichijefe Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Chaosas

Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Listen, you people complaining are missing one very important issue here.  There is a reason why eastern European countries can't play on the central European servers - latency.

You many think that you all have perfect connections to these servers - you don't.  I had the misfortune to play with the Russians <who I find despicable, but just my opinion based on personal experiences> in Age of Conan.  Everytime I came into contact with them during PvP, they lagged my game out, and trying to hit them was a near impossibility.  They caught onto this fact very quickly, and made very good use of it.  This wasn't isolated to just me, I was involved in some very heated debates about it on the AoC forums.

This is predominantly a PvP game, and I certainly don't want to be facing hordes of Russian players causing latency problems to a server they are too far away from.

I'm very pleased NCSoft have taken this stance.  The boundary line has to be drawn somewhere, so it's just tough luck on those that would rather be playing elsewhere.  Thank your lucky stars you have the game available to you, and stop QQ for God's sake.

No offense but I think this is a load of bullsh*t. I've played AoC for months and my ping was always stable between 70 and 80. Contrary to your beliefs, the internet infrastructure is pretty good in the Baltic region. Maybe not so much due to our technological advances as due to the fact that they're all tiny countries so you don't need much fiber optics cables :) And you can check out the speed tests at http://speedtest.net/global.php for example.

Lithuania is not the center of Europe geographically, you better get a map.

It is, and so are like 5 other countries. See my post:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3026421#3026421

And Wikipeda:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographical_centre_of_Europe

(Not that this is a proper argument in any way - us being members of EU is much more important).

You guys can repeat weak arguments 100 times it`s not going to make them more valid.

Let me make this simple for you:

1) I don't understand Russian.

2) Innova's Aion will be fully in Russian language, played by 99% Russian players and for some reason 1% players from Baltic countries.

3) We will be blocked from playing on Aion EU (according to NCSoft GMs).

You should instead read my arguments as to, maybe, why NCSoft made that decisions, and the presented solutions. And the measurements of one French scientist in 1989 hardly makes for a valid argument for the geographical center (open a map, Lithuania is on the eastern block of Europe, north of Belarus, how is that the center for? Only a french could come to that conclusion course). Anyhow, that is hardly important and, as you point our yourself ,not a real argument.

It all boils down to the fact that it is probably easier for NCSoft to do as they have done. And they are not defining Europe as to lacking the baltic states and Croatia, they are just splitting their servers into two different parts of Europe.

Instead of whining on this forum, which is a waste of time, gather the people affected by this, make a petition to NCSoft and they might change their mind. Remember NCSoft in all probability does not read up on these forums very much.

Richijefe

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by Benjola

Well, since some of you feel strongly about this issue, have you tried NCsoft sites and forums as well as contacting them directly?

Don`t waste your energy on this forum too much I doubt it will make any difference other then let you vent some.

Yes. Thats how the issue got out of the bag after all.

however so far - no intelligent response. Most of those who try to contact, get the same answer posted int he first post in this thread.

The decision is made.  You think a politically charged, hate filled thread will change the minds of NCSoft?

Real World ---->

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

Great. This is like a kick in the teeth to the lithauens. They don't speak russian, they don't even like russia and they got quite the sordid history with them. NCSoft should fix this problem as fast as they can, and while their at it, take a few history lessons. Allthough NCSoft is based in a country that's got a history of being, and kinda still is, quite xenophobic so their ignorance is not that surprising to be honest.

Edit: Hmmm, seems like this problem is fixed now. You only need to buy the right localized copy of the game to play on EU servers. Oh well. Still sucks the screwup though.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

Who the hell wants to play the Korean version of WoW anyway.

When we can all just play the real WoW.

It doesn't make any sense to me why this whole thread was made.

Just go here and get the trial.

https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.html

• ChaosasChaosas Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by Spaceweed10 I don't care if you think what I said is 'bullsh!t' or not, sonny - it was a fact proven on many occasions that it was happening. I also don't care that you won't be playing on our servers with your attitude in tow.  See ya, have fun.

I hope you have fun too, since apparently Russians will not be blocked from EU servers and about half of the Russian Aion fans will be playing there, according to goha.ru

I called what you said BS because I always had great ping and no lag on AoC EU servers, being from Eastern Europe myself. No one from my guild ever reported any kind of lag problems either.

Anyway, you guys are right that there's no point in complaining here. I just saw someone started a topic about this issue and thought I'd try to explain some things since OP's post doesn't have a lot of info on this.

And the measurements of one French scientist in 1989 hardly makes for a valid argument for the geographical center (open a map, Lithuania is on the eastern block of Europe, north of Belarus, how is that the center for? Only a french could come to that conclusion course). Anyhow, that is hardly important and, as you point our yourself ,not a real argument.

Again with the center thing :) What's important here is that it's the geographical center. You know that the continent of Europe and the continent of Asia make up one big continent, the Eurasia, right? Ignore all the countries on the map for a bit and look only at the geography. The border between Europe and Asia is in the Ural Mountains, which are deep in Russia. In other words, all that big part of Russia belongs to Europe (geographically only, of course) when taking these measurements.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I read the whole thread. YAY.

Nothing to add other than its a poor decision by NC and the only way to change things is by taking action that is in your power, I will not be buying.

Other than that and completely off topic, there are some truely ignorant people in this thread it's embarrasing to find out they come from the same country. The problem is the promise of government to give broadband to every home, WTF would you do that, it was a last refuge (aside from libraries and schools, the books scare them).

Good luck to those from the Baltics, although I fear your efforts will be in vain. However I have played other mmo's with IP Blocks and the block is sometimes only in effect for account creation, here's hoping its a similar situation in this case.

Edit: 1 last thing, I hope this new found solidarity here goes some way to a few points in Eurovision, shock horror where did Latvia's 12 points go????

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

At this point the only ones that will be effective in making any changes are the governments of your countries and the EU.  I see potential problems for NCSoft if you are a member of the EU and they licensed the game for your countrries to Russia....probably a bad decision on NCSofts part and they may pay for it down the road.  You have my sympathy and I hope this gets resolved in your favor. 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by skydragonren

Who the hell wants to play the Korean version of WoW anyway.
    When we can all just play the real WoW.
    It doesn't make any sense to me why this whole thread was made.
    Just go here and get the trial.

https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.html

skydragonren : Please exit stage ----------> wow

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• lusikaslusikas Member UncommonPosts: 30

now they telling estonia can paly in eu server

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625
    Originally posted by Chaosas

Originally posted by Spaceweed10 I don't care if you think what I said is 'bullsh!t' or not, sonny - it was a fact proven on many occasions that it was happening. I also don't care that you won't be playing on our servers with your attitude in tow.  See ya, have fun.

I hope you have fun too, since apparently Russians will not be blocked from EU servers and about half of the Russian Aion fans will be playing there, according to goha.ru

I called what you said BS because I always had great ping and no lag on AoC EU servers, being from Eastern Europe myself. No one from my guild ever reported any kind of lag problems either.

Anyway, you guys are right that there's no point in complaining here. I just saw someone started a topic about this issue and thought I'd try to explain some things since OP's post doesn't have a lot of info on this.

And the measurements of one French scientist in 1989 hardly makes for a valid argument for the geographical center (open a map, Lithuania is on the eastern block of Europe, north of Belarus, how is that the center for? Only a french could come to that conclusion course). Anyhow, that is hardly important and, as you point our yourself ,not a real argument.

Again with the center thing :) What's important here is that it's the geographical center. You know that the continent of Europe and the continent of Asia make up one big continent, the Eurasia, right? Ignore all the countries on the map for a bit and look only at the geography. The border between Europe and Asia is in the Ural Mountains, which are deep in Russia. In other words, all that big part of Russia belongs to Europe (geographically only, of course) when taking these measurements.

It makes no odds to most Westerners that the Russians may turn up on our servers.  We will find out where they are going before release, and just avoid them.

Either way, they will be playing on their own.  No one likes hieroglyphics in English preferred chat channels as has been mentioned here many times already.  It is plain rude and anti-social, which it seems is what they take great pleasure in achieving.  The AoC server which contains 'Ruscorp' is a virtual graveyard now, with the only players left there spitting bile at each other in /global chat.

Unfortunately, the only words the average Russian gamer know, are the most vile in the English language.  Basement boys of the uneducated variety, are usually the most destructive for a server community.  For this reason alone, the Russians should have there own servers to play on, and every attempt at keeping them confined must be administered.

• ChaosasChaosas Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10
    It makes no odds to most Westerners that the Russians may turn up on our servers.  We will find out where they are going before release, and just avoid them.
    Either way, they will be playing on their own.  No one likes hieroglyphics in English preferred chat channels as has been mentioned here many times already.  It is plain rude and anti-social, which it seems is what they take great pleasure in achieving.  The AoC server which contains 'Ruscorp' is a virtual graveyard now, with the only players left there spitting bile at each other in /global chat.
    Unfortunately, the only words the average Russian gamer know, are the most vile in the English language.  Basement boys of the uneducated variety, are usually the most destructive for a server community.  For this reason alone, the Russians should have there own servers to play on, and every attempt at keeping them confined must be administered.

OK, so help me out here. That has been exactly my experience when I've played on AoC Wildsoul (and later Fury, when it was merged) too. So if you're avoiding them yourself, how come you say that we should just suck it up and play localized version of Aion on servers where 99% of the players are Russian?

• Good day to all. Since i am new here, first of all - i want to excuse, if my lanquage level doesn't suit to proper English.

Now. I am from Russia, and i despise this NCSoft's decision. I don't want to play in some kind of ghetto. I want to play EU servers as well as the others players from other countries. I don't care about politics - i have many friend from Greece, Spain, USA, etc - and i want to play with them, not in some kind of reservation. IP's Block - not the best decision of NCSoft's tops. It will only cause a few political problems and it will not make anything good.

If ppl want to play EU server - they should have such opportunity. If ppl want to play on RUKoreanJapanLithuanian - same here. We should have free choice of regions to play. And it's a bullsh~ when NC say - "You will play here, and you will play here - and stay the f. out from each other". I don't understand any of this. It's a violation of our rights.

ty fo your attention. my apologies if i said smthn wrong.

• LodenDSGLodenDSG Member Posts: 266
    Originally posted by Vishnu

Good day to all. Since i am new here, first of all - i want to excuse, if my lanquage level doesn't suit to proper English.

Now. I am from Russia, and i despise this NCSoft's decision. I don't want to play in some kind of ghetto. I want to play EU servers as well as the others players from other countries. I don't care about politics - i have many friend from Greece, Spain, USA, etc - and i want to play with them, not in some kind of reservation. IP's Block - not the best decision of NCSoft's tops. It will only cause a few political problems and it will not make anything good.
    If ppl want to play EU server - they should have such opportunity. If ppl want to play on RUKoreanJapanLithuanian - same here. We should have free choice of regions to play. And it's a bullsh~ when NC say - "You will play here, and you will play here - and stay the f. out from each other". I don't understand any of this. It's a violation of our rights.

ty fo your attention. my apologies if i said smthn wrong.

I agree with you, unless there is some major technical problem that presents its self I see no reason why they should lock down the zones. I haven't had the time to run through the whole thread, have we heard that NC is going to block IP?

I don't think NC is trying to stir up crap or be malicious to any one, I could be wrong but its generally bad for business, in the same I know a fair bit about the complexities of client server applications and understand that in the real time environment latency is a concern however from what I know of it; this only affects the client experiencing the latency not the whole of the server if a player would rather play on a EU server and suffer the resulting latency then so be it, if NC is truly concerned about it then they could simply put a floor on the ping i.e. strict time out time, doing that may mean that those of you with a bad connection would be dropped as opposed to simply suffering lag but if the concern is truly one of network efficiency/quality then well that's really the only appropriate method I can think of.

Now I have not read any NC soft statement saying they will lock down the IPs or if they do why they might do it so i will hold my rants but do sympathize with my fellow gamers and would prefer if at all possible free choice of what servers I wanted to play on understanding of course that you would need client localized to that server (languages, any applicable content restrictions, etc.) but it should be a matter of buying the client appropriate to the culture set you want to play on (en, fr, es, etc, etc. ).

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

You have my sympathy, OP. I live in Brazil and I know how difficult it is when you can't get access to your game's network.

Now I have friends who bought the American version of City of Heroes/Villains through the website (though we did have a "Brazilian"publisher for those games here) and had no problem whatsoever paying through international credit card for the game, expansions (packs) or services. So I hope this also applies for Aion and as hope for your country and the other ones.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by inkvizitoris

Lithuanian players cant play AION in the EU servers, when lithuania actually is center of europe.
    According NCsoft..... lithuania belongs to Russian Region.... witch is not. Young lithuanians dont even speak in russian... and we gonna get only AION RU...... witch is not english version of the game....
    A lot of ppl was waiting here for AION, and now its totaly disappointment.
    UPDATE:

these countries experiencing the same issue:
    - All baltic states ( Estonia, Lithuania and letland )

- Turkey

- Croatia

I hope you also made this thread over on www.aionsource.com

Well, good luck getting it changed. I can sympathize.

• invaderzladinvaderzlad Member Posts: 19

Please fix it ! - Croatia will be playing with EU. Scroll to bottom to read:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/247295/page/4

Or copy+pasted from Baine5's post (thanks):

"Hey there,

Croatia will indeed be included in the EU server.

It is Lithuania that will not. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Kind regards,

GM Ricardo

NCsoft Customer Support"

Good luck Lithuanians with your efforts, hope to see you in EU retail!

www.gamersbook.com - Community for Gamers.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

:( I cant play with my cousin in turkey

Do not despair :)

I did inquire with the NCSoft support about this and the result is: Yes, people in Turkey will be able to play on EU servers.

So, that's Croatia and Turkey in... Now I'm sure this is just a matter of regions and publishing deals (I doubt any game company will want to step into the minefield that is international politics anyway). 

Any way this rolls, I hope gamers from Lithuania (and anywhere else, for that matter) get to play on whatever server they want, in the end. Locking regions into specific servers is never a good call, in my opinion.

• someguy001someguy001 Member Posts: 2

[quote] NCsoft is only looking from a business pov on this issue as they should.

If they go by the logic of "Some kids don`t like to play on rusian servers because of their racist or political brainwashed believes so we should take this in consideration and don`t mix players from any country that had ever been in conflict with another" they should then let every European country has it`s own servers and nothing else... I mean, why would you let Germans play on servers together with everyone else amirite? Hitler was a nazi fuck you know..make sense to split them from everyone....etc.

You get the point.

How about stop being rasists and try to get along with everyone on your server?

It is a game you know.

That`s what I do and tbh the most drama and smack talk I see on EU servers always comes from EU players, mostly hating on rusians or just being jealous of them for being very organized and dominating their PVP server (AoC Fury server for example). [/quote]

^^^wtf? bb tags not working here?

Listen, you stupid fuck! It is not about racism or politics. It is about languages. Baltic youth speaks mostly english in online videogames, most of us can't even say a sentence in russian. Why would they want to play on russian servers? Also, latency wouldn't be a problem, cause ussualy i have less ping on eu servers that on russian.

• NospheratooNospheratoo Member Posts: 12

Someone told that we lithuanians should speak russian after 50 years of occupation. Welll older of us do, almost everyone above age 25. But problem is, that we got our independence 19 years ago, and people under age of 20 already didn't had influence of russian language. So even economicly it's stupid decision, since russian version in this country may be played only by people older than 25, but those people usually have enough dignity not to do that, under current circumstances.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Mmmmm. Nos' your post was good and I'm all behind the battle, however I think you could use some tips from 'someguy'. I mean come on, to open up with 'Listen you stupid fuck' that's just full of win on so many levels.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• NospheratooNospheratoo Member Posts: 12

That post you are mentioning mrw0lf, well it wasn't me, I usually don't post in such manner ever.

• IncyIncyIncyIncy Member Posts: 1

Lithuanian players cant play AION in the EU servers, when lithuania actually is center of europe.
    According NCsoft..... lithuania belongs to Russian Region.... witch is not. Young lithuanians dont even speak in russian... and we gonna get only AION RU...... witch is not english version of the game....
    UPDATE:

- Turkey

- Croatia

Your post and you are so full of fail. Have you ever seen a European map in your life? You are so far from Central Europe that your statement alone justifies not allowing your IPs to play in Europe.

Come back in 12 months and give your position in Europe again and we shall reconsider allowing you to play with Europe.

• MindflyerMindflyer Member Posts: 1

heheh You should look carefully on a map.

Europe IN GEOGRAFICAL MODE is from Spain to URAL mountains. That mean central Europe is Poland, Czech Repablic Slovenia, and ALSO Lithuenia.

But politically on a river Odra is border between eastern and wester europe.

Sure Baltic region is not EU  (yet) but is a cantral Europe not Russia.

P.S Same mistakes... Russia has more terrain in Europe than other countries.

• brezelbrezel Member Posts: 202

UPDATE:

- Turkey

- Croatia

turkey was the best..

... you see: join the EU, then you can play AION or gtfo to the russians 

• someguy001someguy001 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Mindflyer

...Sure Baltic region is not EU  (yet) ...

You should check your facts. Since 2004 all 3 Baltic states are in EU.