Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft bans EU countries from AION EU. UPDATED.

inkvizitorisinkvizitoris Member Posts: 34

Lithuanian players cant play AION in the EU servers, when lithuania actually is center of europe.

According NCsoft..... lithuania belongs to Russian Region.... witch is not. Young lithuanians dont even speak in russian... and we gonna get only AION RU...... witch is not english version of the game....

A lot of ppl was waiting here for AION, and now its totaly disappointment.

UPDATE:

these countries experiencing the same issue:

- All baltic states ( Estonia, Lithuania and letland )

- Turkey

- Croatia

Comments

• MadGeloMadGelo Member UncommonPosts: 110

why cant russians play AION...

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Lwolf

why cant russians play AION...

Because russia gets their own publisher. Aion will be released in russia but not by NCSoft

• Miner-2049erMiner-2049er Member Posts: 435

That seems pretty unreasonable. Do you have a source, are you sure NCSoft said that?

Clearly Lithuania is NOT part of the Russian federation any more than Estonia and Latvia. Do you know if they are also being excluded?

Perhaps NCsoft need reminding that  you left the USSR about 20 years ago.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Miner-2049er

That seems pretty unreasonable. Do you have a source, are you sure NCSoft said that?
    Clearly Lithuania is NOT part of the Russian federation any more than Estonia and Latvia. Do you know if they are also being excluded?

And the USSR dissolved around 16 years ago.

This is pretty fail on NCsofts part if they do this.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• harrimuidreharrimuidre Member Posts: 35

Me as and Estonian. This makes me laugh. like WTF. I understand that Russians have theyr own publisher, But that Lithuanians have to play on Russian servers( or not at all ?), thats just NOT right. :D:D

If the OP is right ofc.

• inkvizitorisinkvizitoris Member Posts: 34

aclually yes. There are a lot of news in Lithuanian media about this situation. SO its oficial. Aad i think Latvia and Estonia is included too.... couse Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are like a sisters.

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914
    Originally posted by inkvizitoris

aclually yes. There are a lot of news in Lithuanian media about this situation. SO its oficial. Aad i think Latvia and Estonia is included too.... couse Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are like a sisters.

That sucks, but I am pretty sure you can buy a euro version and play without problems, afaik, ncsoft is not restrictive in that way.

I had a similar problem, with Dofus, they made me play on the French servers ( I am from Belgium, 60% here speak Dutch and 40% French, I am Dutch speaking ), after alot of bitching about it, they eventually allowed me to play on the English servers, but I already unsubbed by that time.

So I can definatly relate to your situation. I'd say, don't give up the fight !

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

diferent alphabet, diferent  geography.. why Russia and its federation should be considered Europe beats me since the majority of their land is in Asia.

I would add that a country and federation that doesnt even respect human rights should not be considered part of Europe either, nor part of any civilized world tbh.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Do you have any kind of proof as to this ? 

The only thing I have been able to find is that they have removed the IP block from EU and US.

• painbreakerpainbreaker Member Posts: 88

You gotta fight!

For your right!

To partyyyyy!

I hope you can play the EU Version and hopefully we'll see you in game.

When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s end,
    the goddess descends from the sky, wings of light and dark spread afar.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

I'd say the center bit is a just a bit of miscommunication.

Publishers get different regions, its the way these international games go. What sucks is when you are forced into certain regions. But, hey, make lemons into lemonade. Now you can learn russian!

Dos vidalia!

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Is there any proof of this?

If it is, and considering that Lithuania does not even have a border with Russia, I think people who work at NCsoft do need a geography lesson. The country is a member of both NATO and European Union.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Hmm-Lithuania being taken over again in cyberspace by Russia? What's next!

Originally posted by thexrated

If it is, and considering that Lithuania does not even have a border with Russia, I think people who work at NCsoft do need a geography lesson. The country is a member of both NATO and European Union

I cant show you any proof of this, couse all proof are on lithuanian language. and my english sucks to translate it.

But i do know, that our game media ppl is gonna do some fight to get back AION to our coutry.... it's really sad.

And we feel really discriminated.

• TemegoTemego Member Posts: 20

LOLOLOLOL @ Lithuania, this is getting epic

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300
    Originally posted by Haggis13 

<Mod Edit>

troll I presume? He hasnt said anything racial nor nationalistic. Being part of a country or complaining about how others treat it citizens is not nationalistic, its fuckin sad to see these poor mistakes being made.

As for being forced to play in the russian region, thats fucking rape considering the abuse by russians and sovjet tyrants prolonging more or less 200 years. A slight comparsion would be Koreans forced to play under japanese control and if you dont know why either of those should upset stay out of this thread.

The past is the past but still you better tread lightly in some subjects.

This is of course wrong and should be brought up to discussion, wether or not blocking an entire country for a reason as of this is legal is another question as well, some might consider this discrimnation since Lithuania belongs to the European Union not Russia.

Originally posted by Haggis13 

<Mod Edit>

It is not smart to lie when your post history is clearly visible in this thread. Your first post in this thread was:

"It's only right. I really don't want to encounter such nationalist people who think Lithuania is the centre of Europe in the game I play."

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Quite right thexrated, and it was that statement that I think most people found distasteful. Of course not having the grace to say 'ok I misunderstood' just makes matters worse.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

/me puts more wood in the fireplace.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • andorovandorov Member Posts: 25

Haggis, the only one that is a nationalist here is you.. statements like..

I don't want YOUR KIND playing on MY SERVER is basically the cornerstone of nationalism.

Also, you're a jackass with the ability to read context clues equivalent to that of an eight year old at best. Clearly his English, and clearly he meant that Lithuania is at the center of Europe. Which it is.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Apologies to the OP for the derailment, please stay on topic folks. 

• TheNitewolfTheNitewolf Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by EduardoASG

I would add that a country and federation that doesnt even respect human rights should not be considered part of Europe either, nor part of any civilized world tbh.

I hope that means you exclude the US from being part of the civilized world as well. They're just better than Russia in selling it to the rest of the world.

My Signature

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

Banning Lithunian players from EU servers and enforcing people to play on russian servers is just wrong. Imagine for ex US players in Texas being forced to play with Mexicans cause Texas is closer to Mexico then New York, it doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Texas is part of US and they should play on US servers, the same should be applied to Lithuania, its part of EU so they should play on EU servers as easy as that

Originally posted by inkvizitoris

Originally posted by thexrated

If it is, and considering that Lithuania does not even have a border with Russia, I think people who work at NCsoft do need a geography lesson. The country is a member of both NATO and European Union

I cant show you any proof of this, couse all proof are on lithuanian language. and my english sucks to translate it.

But i do know, that our game media ppl is gonna do some fight to get back AION to our coutry.... it's really sad.

And we feel really discriminated.

Well, you do not have to provide translations. Links would be good enough.