Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just started

nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

I just began my journey in AO, and I am (as always with a new MMORPG), a little overwhelmed.

I'm looking for any general tidbits players might offer that will help me start my fun.

Just lemme know the basics about races, classes, quests, clans, etc.

Whatever you may think will be useful to me, I appreciate.

Thanks ahead of time!

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Comments

• klapdoorklapdoor Member UncommonPosts: 87

My best advice to you would be to begin with reading the manual. It's viewable online from www.anarchy-online.com. Look under "guides", there's also a beginners guide located there. Another good place for information and advice is on the forums (forums.anarchy-online.com), specifically the forum called "new arrivals". A lot of realy good information...
    Then there are the profession specific boards, but I would advice not to pay to close attention to those. Cause there's a lot of threads about the higher levels and higher content, and that could be a little to much information. But almost every board has a few threads about new characters, some of hem even rooted on top.
    And the last and best source of information: in-game! There's a real helpfull community out there. A lot of the higher level players are starting a new alt. They know alot about the game and they will answer your questions. Just ask them in a nice way...

Still a bit miffed about some issues? Ask an Ark. Most of the times there is an Ark somewhere in the lower level areas, just ask them anything you want to know ::::03:: Although I must admit that I forgot how to get hold of one if you cannot find them. There is a /petition command if you need help realy bad...

Anarchy Online *is* overwhelming, no doubt about that. I think I can make a safe bet, that every player of AO made at least 5 different characters in their newbie stages and "screwed them all up" (remember, you can only *realy* screw up a character after level 50 or so). And you know what, that's fun! You'll learn alot that way about the different classes, cities, zones, missions, etc... It takes a bit of time and patience to play this game. Heck, I've been away for half a year and only after a week or so playing and reading the baords, did I get the hang of it again...

So try a few classes, read the boards often and have fun! ::::33::

===========================================
    I don't believe in God with a capital G and, despite their obvious solidity, I don't believe in the gods with their small g's. Not as real forces in the universe. But I believe in the bitch-goddess Irony. She crosses all time. She rules men and gods and God alike. And She has a wicked sense of humor.

Ilium - Dan Simmons

• AprillyAprilly Member UncommonPosts: 124

One thing I would suggest is to start out with a Martial Artist.  Make a MA from the race Opifex. ( They have real good Agility) which a MA needs.  Also you will not have to worry about getting enough money to buy a weapon.  I would also suggest joining the Omni faction. Prices are cheaper and you can get a Med suit which really helps you use better healing nanos.  Also dont worry about armor until you get to level 20 or so as it does not help much at lower levels. 

Even if you hate Omni and the MA character class you will learn a great deal about the game and you can have 8 characters at one time.

The other two factions are Clan and Neutral.  I think Neutral is the hardest faction to play.  Clan is in the middle.

Anyway if you pick the Rimor server and decide to go Omni send me a tell and I will be glad to show you around.  My character name is Citrine.

Oh by the way I am usually on from 7:00 pm  to  9:00 pm or so EST

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.

That which does not kill you only makes you stronger.