Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Karos Online

Looks like another decent MMO that's in their eta phase, definitely something to look into if you haven't already, looks like a great time killer perhaps something more, we'll see. Don't forget to grab the keys before it runs out.  HERE

Comments

• TemegoTemego Member Posts: 20

Yeh, It indeed seems to be pretty promising. I really like the fact that you have ALOT of classes to choose from, and I hope that you can also choose what stats to raise (Attribute points) by yourself.

There's a rumour that the CB is starting 21st.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

looks like... a free version of aion.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• phlyxphlyx Member Posts: 1

Yeah i got my key to try out karos.

Wonder when can start downloading the client.

Cannot wait to try...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

From the videos I have seen looks it will have an open world to explore. This is the #1 feature I look for in a MMO so I cant wait to try this game.

• JyveTurkeyJyveTurkey Member UncommonPosts: 24

Hopefully this Open World isn't just endless, useless environments. Most that have huge areas don't have anything in them. If you ask me it'd be totally ultimate if they took a tip from games like the Elder Scrolls and add many random dungeons to get loot from rather than just grind and do quests all day long.

Hahaha... wishful thinking. =) Anyway, waiting for the download to come 'round let's hope it's fun!

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

hehehe... the registration ask this: "What is your all-time favorite sports team?"

Since I don't like sports, I would say  "none" 

• Chase05Chase05 Member Posts: 113

can't wait to try this game out beta will begin in about a week.

• GozerTCGozerTC Member UncommonPosts: 119

My wife and I are also waiting on this beta to start.  No confirmed times yet though. :( 

Current Game: Asssasins Creed 2(PS3, Gamer Tag: Happy_Hubby)
    Current MMO: World of Warcraft and World of Tanks
    Former Subscribed MMO: Star Trek Online, Aion, WoW, Guild Wars, Eve Online, DAoC, City of Heroes, Shattered Galaxy, 10six.
    Tried: Too many to list

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

guys, you can see on Karos webpage that....CBT is starting Aug 21 to 23...mmorpg.com is providing keys and all that and it claims that it will start aug 21st...no rumor about it...its Aug 21st im positively sure

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

I am unable to create an account on the Karos site.....it keeps saying "that user name is unavailable" no matter what name I put in.  I know the beta hasnt started yet.....but I have my key and followed the sign up process.....cant get past the first page.  Anyone else having this problem, or do I have to wait till they start the beta to actually sign up?

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Just keep trying,and try making a longer user name, it worked for me eventually.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

the loginscreen looks nice.

well animated water grass and trees.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

It's a small download (Around 750mb) and a small patch (around 90mb)

so I can't say I'm expecting much.

We shall see friday!

• I am actually one of the closed beta testers at the moment, I've played through the content for a few hours and it seems like  it "will be" a good game given proper patching.

Some things that need improvement:

1. At the moment it has a few awkward controls

2.TERRIBLE quest interface

3.the buy/sell interface is extremely sensitive (hit that box perfectly or nothing happens)

4.there is little in the way of interactivity management (mouse sensitivity, camera follow options, changing keybinds, etc.)

5.PK system needs a hotfix immediately or something (you can be PK'd while not in PK mode, but you have to turn PK mode to attack back)

6.it has a scatter-loot system instead of a loot window

However, the stat allocation system (forgot the actual name of it) is rather intuitive and looks like it will offer nice customization, in example:

I made a rogue (typical melee dps) and my options were increase hp regen, mp regen, attack speed, attack power, movement speed, and some other generic things : /... I was mostly interested in the fact that not only do my stats increase via level + new skills from the talent tree, but I also get to specialize them myself (imagine rogue with like 10x attack speed).

The weapon system is rather typical of f2p games in that it has a specialized upgrade system based on drops from mobs.

Right now there are way to many testers bashing the game and it has only been in CBT for like... 3 hours.

• aplanchaaplancha Member UncommonPosts: 1

well this is my opinion:

Grafics = very dated

Controls = horrible

Quest interface = OMG so bad

Ofcourse in the future this can be a very very good game but i wouldnt hold my breath lol.

• Echelon78Echelon78 Member Posts: 35

Pk'd at level 2 while turning in my first quest (you figure there would be a safety net up until a certain level for newbies), lets see what else, oh the controls and movement are terrible. I did like the stats distribution setup, fletta i think it was called, the skill setup reminded me of celestrial destroyer though. No lag despite being in the starter area with so many people, which is always good not to lag, graphics i thought were decent turned all the way up for a F2P game.  

Edit: Oh another thing, the rogue's reminded me of dekans from rohan lol.

• Twinfun5Twinfun5 Member UncommonPosts: 4

This game disappointed me tremendously. Simply put, I didn't feel like I was playing the game I saw in the trailer. The game was so boring up to level 6, not to mention the leveling is rather slow. The quests up to that were all "kill that, pick this up, bring it back". The visuals were less than what I saw in the trailer, not to mention my system chugged in some areas. The controls were clunky, the interface was hard to handle, their "fletta" system is just like an ordinary skill system with a different name, except its separate from your actual level. The fighting is slowwww. Your character, at least my warrior, will probably swing his blade once every 4 seconds or so, not to mention that all of the default warrior abilities are 100% useless. You need to reach level 10 in order to get out of the general skill, yet completely useless, skill tree.

The game felt so generic that I uninstalled the game immediately after my first run. I wouldn't recommend this game to anybody who prefers action over visuals.

I'm waiting to see what this turns out to be:

AIKA Online

I don't expect it to be godsend obviously, but I hope it doesn't dissapoint as much as Karos did for me.

• SkarmonyxSkarmonyx Member Posts: 16

I didnt enjoy this game mainly because of the open pk, im all  for pvp, but not when being ganked by level 20's, i just couldnt find a channel to level up quietly on. The archers attack pattern is broken most of the time ethier by obstacles or the game not registring a hit on a mob. The warriors have way too much defense considering they are an attack class and the female is the tank (she carries a shield on the character select)  

Rogue skills seem pretty meh, assassin skills in particular dont seem to raise any parameters by much, theres also no 'good' bleeding or poison skills for sins.  Skills that slow attack speed seem to not work on mobs or other players, -15% atkspd should at least have some affect.

Collision detection is really iffy, stairs create a problem for anyone  as does any small bumps in roads etc, and dont get me started on trees (the horror)

And last but not least the fletta system is confusing, does it actually do anything? My friend was an assassin and put 100 points into the wind fletta stat for attack speed. We tested it by attacking claybeaks, and his atkspeed was the same as my level 8 rogue. (go fig)

I'll check back on this game once open beta starts and hopefully the designers will have ironed out the bugs and made a more balanced skillset. But as it is, it doesnt stand out from any other free mmo out there.

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

im surprised some ppl dont know what beta is but ..w/e

• kutsilyokutsilyo Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by ololulu

im surprised some ppl dont know what beta is but ..w/e

lol................... that was what i was thinking too

it is only beta

got a problem with some thing,  report it and hopefully they will fix it b4 release

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

You know what I was thinking ? Have these guys ever been in a beta of a f2p Asian game translated into English ?  Probably not, because then you would know that aside from a few bugs and glitches these games are already finished products in most cases.  They have been released in Asia while ago and now using an earlier build of the original they are simply translating it for a new audience.  Yes what you see now will most likely be the finished product.

• SkarmonyxSkarmonyx Member Posts: 16

I agree completely with you Airspell, though the comments the others made about it being a 'beta' are valid they have to understand that I've played well over 90 beta's from 2moons to YS onine.  I dont expect a perfect game, but i do want to review a beta thats more than halfway finished which karos online clearly isn't.

Bugs are the norm during these tests, but to be honest the whole game felt as if it was a pre-alpha test not a beta, the developers need to do a lot of work before I think of the game anything above just being a 'demo'.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by Skarmonyx

I agree completely with you Airspell, though the comments the others made about it being a 'beta' are valid they have to understand that I've played well over 90 beta's from 2moons to YS onine.  I dont expect a perfect game, but i do want to review a beta thats more than halfway finished which karos online clearly isn't.
    Bugs are the norm during these tests, but to be honest the whole game felt as if it was a pre-alpha test not a beta, the developers need to do a lot of work before I think of the game anything above just being a 'demo'.

Nail on the head there. For a beta is simply isn't polished enough.

No movement tracking when in mouse look, No auto pathing.

poorly designed quest interfase, Like 20 character max on chat......ffs we can't even type out a complete sentence.

No button remapping.

The list would be much longer if I had played it longer than 10 minutes