Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hillary: "I'm secretary of state, not Bill"

PorfatPorfat Member Posts: 364

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32361939/ns/politics-more_politics/

She seemed indignant and defensive when she thought she was asked what her husband Bill thought.

Reminded me a little of when Sen B. demanded a high ranking officer call her Senator B. instead of Madam.

Insecurity complexes?

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I thought she was entirely in the wrong to begin with as well, and though I still think she should have handled this much better, I can understand her reaction if this was what she heard:

The student's question, according to the State Department translation, went like this: "Thank you. Mrs. Clinton, weve all heard about the Chinese contracts in this country. The interference is from the World Bank against this contract. What does Mr. Clinton think through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton and what does Mr. Mutombo think on this situation? Thank you very much."

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090810/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/af_clinton_i_m_secretary

First the goat thing and now this heh.

• NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090810/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/af_clinton_i_m_secretary

"State Department officials said the student approached Clinton afterward and told her he had meant to ask what Obama, not Bill Clinton, thought about the Chinese loan."

Ah MSNBC on the incomplete article. Leave the video to get the whole piece of the pie.

(At least on my brief skim)

Lost in translation indeed. Both for the incomplete typed MSNBC article and Clinton.

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Poor kid.

• FishermageFishermage Member Posts: 7,562

Yeah, that is a very angry and insecure person.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

As I mentioned on another thread several weeks back, Secretary Clinton has been almost completely marginalized by President Obama.  The Sec of State is considered one of the highest profile, most powerful positions in a presidential administration.  It's no surprise Clinton happily accepted the job.  But President Obama ripped the guts out of her duties, I think, for two reasons.  Obama's ego requires him to be the center of attention, so foreign policy begins and ends with him.  As such, a powerful Secretary of State is not needed.  And the other reason is that Hillary Clinton is Obama's biggest rival within the Democratic Party.  By diminishing her role, she doesn't get as much international attention.

I think this is the underlying reason for her public display of frustration.  Instead of her being involved in the release of the two journalists in North Korea, it was her husband Bill.  Not only that, but it happened on the same day that she landed in Africa.  Her trip has received almost no attention whatsoever.

The other thing I said is that if Obama's popularity tanks, Hillary is going to say, "Screw this!  I'm outta here."  I wouldn't be surprised if by next year, she resigns and makes another attempt at the presidency in 2012.  The problem with that (if you're a Democrat.  I have no problem with it) is that it will likely lead to a civil war within the Democratic Party.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

They should show her proper respect.

What if she was the President? what would they say? ma'am? I wouldnt be surprised if she replyed OFF WITH THEIR HEADS !

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

LOL this is the woman who was running for president last year.  We dodged a bullet on that one.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by Chieftan

LOL this is the woman who was running for president last year.  We dodged a bullet on that one.

Well I wouldn't go that far.  While still being a liberal and someone whom I did not and would not support, she brought more experience to the table than Obama.  Also, I don't believe she is as much of a leftist as Obama.  Dodging a bullet would have been getting someone better than Clinton, not worse.

Originally posted by Zindaihas

Well I wouldn't go that far.  While still being a liberal and someone whom I did not and would not support, she brought more experience to the table than Obama.  Also, I don't believe she is as much of a leftist as Obama.  Dodging a bullet would have been getting someone better than Clinton, not worse.

Yeah she would have been a far, far better president than this guy. Only Obama can do the impossible: make george Bush look good.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

She can't even handle the pressure of being SoS.  It takes more than book smarts to be a leader and that's partly why I didn't support Obama as a candidate.  I don't think either of them have the fortitude for the job.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Fishermage

Yeah she would have been a far, far better president than this guy. Only Obama can do the impossible: make george Bush look good.

Two Clintons, two Bushes, and one Obama . . . . and we still face the same problems.  I was reading the Wall Street Journal today, and the front page:  "Taliban Now Winning."  My interest seems to not be the Sec. of State's response to a lost in translation question, but rather U.S. strategy in Iraq. 

Even more (worse?), front page of the Wall Street Journal, "the economy isnt' strong enough to support a long-running stock and bond recovery").  Some of us, and I think you were one of us, Fishermage, have been saying this for what could be over a year now.  I know I have.

My intense focus is on military and economic policies; and what the Sec. of State says in these instances seems so trivial.

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Damn, what an unfortunate camera angle and timing of video too. Felt like I was channel surfing into a Springer segment.

Originally posted by declaredemer

Two Clintons, two Bushes, and one Obama . . . . and we still face the same problems.  I was reading the Wall Street Journal today, and the front page:  "Taliban Now Winning."  My interest seems to not be the Sec. of State's response to a lost in translation question, but rather U.S. strategy in Iraq. 

Even more (worse?), front page of the Wall Street Journal, "the economy isnt' strong enough to support a long-running stock and bond recovery").  Some of us, and I think you were one of us, Fishermage, have been saying this for what could be over a year now.  I know I have.

My intense focus is on military and economic policies; and what the Sec. of State says in these instances seems so trivial.

Thanks for helping to make all this come to pass while folks like me have actually stood against it. Either way, Obama is the worst of the lot you mentioned -- BY FAR.

We're still waiting for you to break the vicious cycle with us. Join the side of liberty. The time is now. I'm an early adopter, but better late than never.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I never wanted Hillary for Secretary of State.

Sam Nunn would have been a better choice. Hillary should have been appointed to HHS Secretary. We also probably wouldn't have such a garbled message about health care reform at this point in time.

OP is a non-issue, at any rate.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Man, she looks ragged out and she's gaining a little weight there too.

I betcha good ole Bill is having a blast with his wife gone for that world tour...LOL

• billynomatesbillynomates Member Posts: 163

Nah,no one can make bush look good,Obama will get a second term. You can rant and rave all you want but many people don't agree with you at all.

I will bet money that Obama get in a second term.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by billynomates

Nah,no one can make bush look good,Obama will get a second term. You can rant and rave all you want but many people don't agree with you at all.

Time will tell, but the way he is dropping in the polls, I doubt it.  There are many people now who regret voting for this clown.

Wait till everyone's taxes go up and gas skyrockets with his crap and tax bill.

A USA Today/Gallup survey suggested that six months into his presidency, his popularity was lower than George W Bush's at the same stage of his tenure.

• billynomatesbillynomates Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by outfctrl

Time will tell, but the way he is dropping in the polls, I doubt it.  There are many people now who regret voting for this clown.

Wait till everyone's taxes go up and gas skyrockets with his crap and tax bill.

A USA Today/Gallup survey suggested that six months into his presidency, his popularity was lower than George W Bush's at the same stage of his tenure.

That's just wishful thinking on your part,i mean you are one of the "can't wait till he fails type" no matter if your countrymen suffer,you just wanted Obama out from the very first day he got in. Polls..yes he has gone down a bit in the polls but he is still a head,so i guess people do still like him.

The Reps can cry and hate all they want,it will be a long time before anyone in that party gets in the white house again,even if it's not Obama it will still be a demo that get's in. Your party are a washed up bunch of racist who are a dying breed,they are yesterdays news.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

This woman is not only completely full of shit, she is a total nightmare.

Who on earth cares what the Secaretary of State is? Let alone who.

Utterly jumped up little woman. With delusions. American's would be well shot of her and must be very relieved she doesn't represent them as their leader.

Christ almighty, imagine if she had to deal with someone like Putin or Merkel.  She'll just get ignored. I have visions of her stamping her feet on the ground as foreigner after foreigner just wanders off somewhere so that the adults can all talk without interuption..

I can't stand the Clintons, but at least her husband is the kind of guy you could have a laugh with down the pub. I used to think it was wrong the way he treated her, but now I'm coming around. Poor bloke.

Bush got two terms and won by a better margin the second time around. I didn't support him at all -- but he was far, far better than Obama. Obama is everything that was bad about Bush on steroids.

Not ranting, not raving, just looking at policy.

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Bush got two terms and won by a better margin the second time around. I didn't support him at all -- but he was far, far better than Obama. Obama is everything that was bad about Bush on steroids.

Quit messing up a good rant with facts Fisher!

Anyways. Obama makes Bill Clinton look GREAT and even makes Carter look...well... I won't go that far. At least we survived Carter. Not sure if we can survive Obama.

Two Clintons, two Bushes, and one Obama . . . . and we still face the same problems. 

Obama is the worst of the lot you mentioned -- BY FAR.

All that Obama has done is try to fix many of the errors of the Bush Admin and ensure the United States emerges from the Great Recession we are facing.  Banks said, "take our toxic debts or we will crush the economy by cutting off lending to consumers."  This policy occurred during the Bush Admin, merely accelerated during the Obama Admin.

Originally posted by Vemoi

Quit messing up a good rant with facts Fisher!

Anyways. Obama makes Bill Clinton look GREAT and even makes Carter look...well... I won't go that far. At least we survived Carter. Not sure if we can survive Obama.

Oh I'm sure the Republic will survive, and if Obama keeps it up, he will lose the congress in short order. I have faith in the American people. You can fool some of them some of the time, which is how Obama got elected, but you can't fool all of them all of the time, which will be his undoing.

If he is smart, like Clinton, he will  moderate his position when he loses the congress. If he doesn't, he will not be re-elected.

The best part of all of this is that people are beginning to realize it's about freedom, baby.

Two Clintons, two Bushes, and one Obama . . . . and we still face the same problems. 

All that Obama has done is try to fix many of the errors of the Bush Admin and ensure the United States emerges from the Great Recession we are facing.  Banks said, "take our toxic debts or we will crush the economy by cutting off lending to consumers."  This policy occurred during the Bush Admin, merely accelerated during the Obama Admin.

As I said earlier, he is the worst of Bush on steroids.

As I said earlier, he is the worst of Bush on steroids.

The intense dislike for Obama perplexes me.  Karl Marx, e.g., was horrified over working conditions in England.  He had contempt for the privileged.  He would of course change politics in the world forever.  Stalinism, Marxism, Socialism, Leninism, Maoism, etc. are generally all grouped together as the same but they are not.

I was working out and watching CNN teayellers (or town yellers or whatever) talk about how she fears the United States is becoming "socialist like Russia."  WHERE WERE THESE YELLERS before the decision to go to war with Iraq?  Where were they when their own sons, daughters, and neighbors were cast-off to fight? Where were they when we nationalized banks, the car industry, and credit default insurance?  Why were they not yelling them?  But, when we want to FIX THEIR HEALTH CARE, mon dieu! they emerge!

Why this sudden, intense fear of "socialism"?  This seems to ME to be perplexing.