Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Ordering This game

NateAngelNateAngel Member Posts: 14

alright so i've been playing WoW for over two years and have decided i really want to quit it.

Problem is, is that the only way thats possible is finding another game thats interests me. Aion hopefully will do that.

I'm interested in attending the COB6 this week, and to get in it i must pre-order the game.

So right when i pre-order the game, will they give me the client file for the game that will wait for me till friday?

hehe, just want to know a bit more before i go ahead and pre-order

Comments

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

When you pre-order you go on a mailing list and will be sent the beta key at the same time as everyone else who is being sent their beta keys (I believe the keys come out the monday before the weekend of the beta- so the next one will be tomorrow as far as I can tell??) . With that key you can then download the client to play

• NateAngelNateAngel Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by dubledub

When you pre-order you go on a mailing list and will be sent the beta key at the same time as everyone else who is being sent their beta keys (I believe the keys come out the monday before the weekend of the beta- so the next one will be tomorrow as far as I can tell??) . With that key you can then download the client to play

so what if i say, pre-order it tommorow or tuesday. would i still be able to get into the beta this week?

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

As long as they send you your key right away...you will be in the next beta.  Make sure you buy from a reputable site....like NCSoft, Steam, Amazon, Gamestop....etc.

I've bought from both NCSoft and Steam...they both gave me my beta keys within minutes after my order was placed!!

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by stringboi

As long as they send you your key right away...you will be in the next beta.  Make sure you buy from a reputable site....like NCSoft, Steam, Amazon, Gamestop....etc.
    I've bought from both NCSoft and Steam...they both gave me my beta keys within minutes after my order was placed!!

This was the same with me. I got an activation key right away. I'm pretty sure if you pre-order your activation key is the same. IE: I suspect that the download I have now is the one Ill continue to play with when it launches.

However, I did NOT know that pre-order players got a few days head start on the game before the official launch. Can someone please confirm that and what dates? If that's the case, Ill be extremely happy... :)

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535
    Originally posted by NateAngel

Originally posted by dubledub

so what if i say, pre-order it tommorow or tuesday. would i still be able to get into the beta this week?

If your in the UK and pre order from Amazon or Game they have a cutoff. Game.co.uk states all orders prior to 9am on 11th aug will get into the weekends Closed Beta

• BettysAltBettysAlt Member Posts: 179

I assume by COB4 you mean Closed Open Beta 4. Isn't that an oxymoron? Kinda like

• korpsce24korpsce24 Member Posts: 61
    However, I did NOT know that pre-order players got a few days head start on the game before the official launch. Can someone please confirm that and what dates? If that's the case, Ill be extremely happy... :)

Pre-orders get in a few days before the official release, and get some ingame items, +if you go for the CE, you get a few more in game items. It's release is Sept 22nd, and I believe you get in 2 days early, which would mean the 20th if you pre-ordered.

Info below from the NCsoft store:

Prepurchase Aion™ now and get exclusive in-game items, as well as early access to Aion™. All pre-purchases from the NCsoft Store come with:

* Seven (7) Days of Additional Free Game Time: One extra week of free game time

* Aion™ Beta Events: Receive a code to access all of the Aion™ beta events. Play in an Aion™ beta event, and you will have a chance to win* a killer Alienware gaming notebook or other great prizes, including ATI Radeon™ HD video cards and subscriptions to Aion™.

* Head Start on the Live Game: Get an early head start to the live game, before the game goes on sale.

* Preselection: Access to Aion™ server and character pre-selection!

* Prepurchase-Only In-Game Items:

o Black Cloud Hat (gives boosts to HP, MP, magical resistance, and evasion)

o Lodas' Amulet (gives a +20% experience boost)

o Ancient Ring of Wind

The in-game items will be available for use during the Head Start Program.

Special Aion™ Collector's Edition Features

The Aion™ Collector's Edition gives you these additional in-game items:

* Black Cloud Wings (gives 40 seconds of additional flight time)

* Black Cloud Earring (gives an HP and an MP boost)

* Special character title with stat boost

* Color dye to tint one in-game item

* Two character emotes