Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo XBOX 360

purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

I just played the new demo,. From what I can tell the demo looks like its the first level of the game. Very fun gameplay, you really have to think and act like Batman. There's no running head first in to all fights in this game. Some times you gotta pull some Batman tricks. Strike some fear in your prey and then swoop down on top of them from above. Can't wait for the full game. Plus it was cool hearing Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill do the voices of Batman and The Joker again. I forgot her name, but Harley Quinn was the same woman from the animated series as well.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

Comments

  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by purewitz


    I just played the new demo,. From what I can tell the demo looks like its the first level of the game. Very fun gameplay, you really have to think and act like Batman. There's no running head first in to all fights in this game. Some times you gotta pull some Batman tricks. Strike some fear in your prey and then swoop down on top of them from above. Can't wait for the full game. Plus it was cool hearing Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill do the voices of Batman and The Joker again. I forgot her name, but Harley Quinn was the same woman from the animated series as well.



     

    I just finished the demo on the PC since I let my daughter borrow my 360 until Sunday. All i can say is they finally got a Batman game right! And I've  already preordered my Xbox 360 copy.

    Edit: And yes, Arleen Sorkin is back as the voice of Harley Quinn.

  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

    Nice! I was thinking about this game but wasn't sure if it was just another Batman fighter that some game company puked out without really understanding the concept of being Batman. What I mean is most other Batman games you can pretty much beat the whole game with nothing more than punch and kick. Batman has always been about outwitting the bad guys and using his gadgets as a means to an end. Not just running in and beating the snot out of them. Nice to hear someone finally has it right! I'll have to download the demo and check it out. Thanks for the heads up guys.

     

    Bren

    while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

  • GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

    I have played the demo, I enjoyed it but I wasn't very impressed with it.

    Combat was really simple. Simply keep bashing the attack button untill you see a sign pop over an enemies head that shows you can do a counter attack. The system seems similar to assassins creed which takes any challenge out of the combat. at least it did in the demo of BM:AA

    The biggest gripe i have with the game is that everything feels so automated. You don't actually get to swing around yourself like in say, Bionic Commando. You simply lock onto a gargoyle and press a button and the game will do it for you. It's the same with attacks like the glide attack. Instead of gliding to the enemy yourself, you simply lock on to an enemy and press a button and the game does it for you.

    It was more like I was telling the game what to do instead of actually playing it.

    Graphics and music were really nice, definitly one of the best looking games I have seen.

  • IronChuIronChu Champions Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Gameloading


    I have played the demo, I enjoyed it but I wasn't very impressed with it.
    Combat was really simple. Simply keep bashing the attack button untill you see a sign pop over an enemies head that shows you can do a counter attack. The system seems similar to assassins creed which takes any challenge out of the combat. at least it did in the demo of BM:AA
    The biggest gripe i have with the game is that everything feels so automated. You don't actually get to swing around yourself like in say, Bionic Commando. You simply lock onto a gargoyle and press a button and the game will do it for you. It's the same with attacks like the glide attack. Instead of gliding to the enemy yourself, you simply lock on to an enemy and press a button and the game does it for you.
    It was more like I was telling the game what to do instead of actually playing it.
    Graphics and music were really nice, definitly one of the best looking games I have seen.

     

    Experiment.

    You can actually manually glide kick an enemy if you want. (Just hold A from a gargoyle and pilot yourself into them.) You can even land on top of them if you do it right, it'll knock them to the floor and you can go from there.

  • HalowHalow Member Posts: 71

    I too have already preordered my copy after testing the demo on my 360... and I don't wanna come off creepy.. but is Harley Quinn or what?!

  • JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

    While I never buy a game while it's new this demo was really interesting and even has me almost breaking my console rule of waiting until a price drop.

    Usually ill wait 6+ months for the game to drop to 39 or 29 bucks.

    I'll agree this is one of the first batman games done right since the very first batman platformer back on the Nes lol.

    Playing: EvE, Ryzom

  • purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by JGMIII


    While I never buy a game while it's new this demo was really interesting and even has me almost breaking my console rule of waiting until a price drop.
    Usually ill wait 6+ months for the game to drop to 39 or 29 bucks.
    I'll agree this is one of the first batman games done right since the very first batman platformer back on the Nes lol.

     

    Actually the first Batman game was on the Commodore 64 and Amiga. It was called Batman: The Caped Crusader and it cam out in 1988.  The game your taking about for the NES was 1989 and it was inspired by the movie. Where as The Caped Crusader was based on the comic book.

    As for a platformer done right, I always liked the Batman Returns beat'em up. I guess it helped that I liked Streets of Rage, TMNT: Turtles in Time, and Final Fight. Which Batman Returns was very close to being a Batman skinned Final Fight.  Another good Batman game was The Adventures of Batman & Robin on the SNES based on the animated series.

    Its weird I think I have played every Batman game ever made, with the exception of Batman: Dark Tomorrow. Don't know why, but I never played it.

    When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

  • purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

    G4 got to talk to none other than Kevin Conroy (The voice of Batman/Bruce Wayne from Batman: The Animated Series) at the San Diego Comic Con. About him once again playing the voice of Batman, in upcoming video game Batman: Arkham Asylum. If your a fan of Batman:TAS or just a Batman fan in general? This is quite a fun interview to watch with this legendary voice over actor. Sorry I geeked out there a little, lol.

    http://g4tv.com/videos/40633/Comic-Con-09-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Interview/?quality=hd

    When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

  • JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by purewitz

    Originally posted by JGMIII


    While I never buy a game while it's new this demo was really interesting and even has me almost breaking my console rule of waiting until a price drop.
    Usually ill wait 6+ months for the game to drop to 39 or 29 bucks.
    I'll agree this is one of the first batman games done right since the very first batman platformer back on the Nes lol.

     

    Actually the first Batman game was on the Commodore 64 and Amiga. It was called Batman: The Caped Crusader and it cam out in 1988.  The game your taking about for the NES was 1989 and it was inspired by the movie. Where as The Caped Crusader was based on the comic book.

    As for a platformer done right, I always liked the Batman Returns beat'em up. I guess it helped that I liked Streets of Rage, TMNT: Turtles in Time, and Final Fight. Which Batman Returns was very close to being a Batman skinned Final Fight.  Another good Batman game was The Adventures of Batman & Robin on the SNES based on the animated series.

    Its weird I think I have played every Batman game ever made, with the exception of Batman: Dark Tomorrow. Don't know why, but I never played it.

    Nice that's good info I had no idea batman was out for commadore 64 back then. I was pretty young when I played batman for the Nes (great game) since then I havent found a good one.

    I wasn't much of the final fight type of beat em up fan so that's why i missed those After I beat street of rage, final fight and the ninja turtles arcade game they all seemed the same.

     

    Playing: EvE, Ryzom

Sign In or Register to comment.