Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Remember Stronghold?

ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Stronghold, a great RTS game from 2001 that looked cheap but actually provided alot of fun. The expansion, Stronghold Crusaders, was even better. Then the series declined with Stronghold 2 since they decided to make the graphics engine nice, but very resource heavy and, needless to say, the game lagged alot even on the best computers.

Well, if you liked the original Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader, and the concept of an MMORTS sounds interesting...

I was surprised when I saw this!

Go figure. I don't think it'll be all that popular, and it might even be F2P. Still, they decided to go with the original Stronghold graphics to maintain maximum stability, and we all know gameplay trump graphics. I think I'll at least check it out, seeing how I'm also an RTS fan and Stronghold was very fun back in its day. Had great music, too.

Wasn't on this site because it's not an MMORPG, but still. The idea of an MMORTS has been thrown around here a couple times, and there have been a few discussions about it, so I thought I'd spread the news if anyone's interested.

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990

I loved Stronghold, but RTS online is not really for me. I did some Civ online which was OK and maybe more suited to a persistent world idea.