Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Update 8/5/09

There is a new game update going in today.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=49580

Besides a ton of bug fixes (you can read those on your own) there is a new dungeon:

Lair of the Vi'Rak

During the shattering, the high elven mage Balaran attempted to summon forth the salamanders to aid in the defense of the Temple of Vol Tuniel. While the summoning was a success, things went horribly wrong and Balarans plan backfired. The salamander Vi’Rak clan was pulled through the portal against their will. Through anger they have slain Balaran and those with him.

Now they seek revenge on all of Telon and with the strength of the six clans of the Tempest, they may succeed. The Vi’Rak clan has finally called forth and united with the other five clans, tucking themselves away in the depths of the Temple of Vol Tuniel to unlock their secret plan to unleash destruction on Telon.

The salamanders challenge any 52+ groups to oppose them. Explore the area and find solve the puzzle on how to unseal the powerful items they brought with them. Create your own custom weapon through the use of special enhancements and items that drop in the area. Find a diplomat and a crafter to attain the secret ingredient and unseal these items opening the way to a custom item of your choosing. Discover the power the salamanders have brought with them while you try to stop them from bringing forth an evil never before seen.

Comments

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190

What scares me is again like POTA, this dungeon was hardly tested on test. To me it seems like they rushed it out just so they could get the bug fixes out but a busted dungeon. Maybe I'll be wrong.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

I cannot wait to do an old-fashion dungeon crawl in the new dungeon.  More Level 50+ group content was very much needed.  Haven't been there yet, but so far I'm not hearing anything about bugs.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Actually this isn't a new dungeon but a revamp of an existing one... Unless they shut it down sometime in the past.  Not that anyone ever went' to this dungeon with two others near by and the wardship quests driving you to those dungeons.  However a few of us sick people that liked to do every dungeon in the game braved this dungeon. It was itemized before although not very well and it was probably geared up originally as a two group raid dungeon or maybe some of the mobs were broken.  It had several named that were unfortunately unkillable by a level appropriate group without an amazing amount of luck.  They had tons of HP and would complete heal.  I think I was in a group there one time killing one mob for maybe an hour before we gave up....

Anyway it is great that they revamped it, it was as is the case with most VG dungeons and amazing place and pretty large to boot.  Was a shame nobody ever went there or that they didn't have any lore or quests for it.  Well there was one thing that drove you to it I think you had to get a page or something for one of those epic quests that only a few hardcore people ever did.

Anyway it is nice they are updating it.

---
    Ethion

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by ethion

Actually this isn't a new dungeon but a revamp of an existing one... Unless they shut it down sometime in the past.  Not that anyone ever went' to this dungeon with two others near by and the wardship quests driving you to those dungeons.  However a few of us sick people that liked to do every dungeon in the game braved this dungeon. It was itemized before although not very well and it was probably geared up originally as a two group raid dungeon or maybe some of the mobs were broken.  It had several named that were unfortunately unkillable by a level appropriate group without an amazing amount of luck.  They had tons of HP and would complete heal.  I think I was in a group there one time killing one mob for maybe an hour before we gave up....
    Anyway it is great that they revamped it, it was as is the case with most VG dungeons and amazing place and pretty large to boot.  Was a shame nobody ever went there or that they didn't have any lore or quests for it.  Well there was one thing that drove you to it I think you had to get a page or something for one of those epic quests that only a few hardcore people ever did.
    Anyway it is nice they are updating it.

True, it's a revamp.  I only went there once to fight down to my Gestalt with a group (died many times).  But they picked a great dungeon to revamp and make into a 50+ dungeon as this place is huge, beautiful and the lore is interesting.  Still haven't had time to get there, but I've been reading they've weaved crafting and diplomacy into the lore, quests and gear very well.