Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need help from current DAoC players, i have Questions

well i havent played DAoC for like 2 years now, an well i want to get back into the game but i dont wanna waste my money on it... im scared its gone to shit. can someone give me the pro's an cons on the game?

an what are the good melee, and the good magic cless's now adays?   when i played albion it was great, hard hitting wizards an great armsmen, an great clerics.

i've heard albion has been nerfed to hell an they suck in the battle grounds?

if this is true what are the good realms/races/class? any help here would be great.

ooh an one last thing, im gettin ready to buy a new comp an i dont wanna go to dell, but i cant afford to spend 2k on a comp any chance someone could tell me the parts i need to run DAoC flawlessly?

Thank You for you time, an energy

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

with hopes an dreams so far away, its no wonder why so many go insane

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by Loderdale

well i havent played DAoC for like 2 years now, an well i want to get back into the game but i dont wanna waste my money on it... im scared its gone to shit. can someone give me the pro's an cons on the game?

an what are the good melee, and the good magic cless's now adays?   when i played albion it was great, hard hitting wizards an great armsmen, an great clerics.
    if this is true what are the good realms/races/class? any help here would be great.
    ooh an one last thing, im gettin ready to buy a new comp an i dont wanna go to dell, but i cant afford to spend 2k on a comp any chance someone could tell me the parts i need to run DAoC flawlessly?

Thank You for you time, an energy

IMO there realy hasnt been much to improve the game in a long long time. About the only good thing I can think of is the free level every so often(depending on realm/server). Like on an underpopulated realm..say hibernia..you may get a free level every 2 days up to lvl 47..unlike say Albion players on that same server would get a free level every 7 days. ToA made it a PvE fest and NF made RvR a range war. I can really only give Cons..as I cant think of any Pros(being the obvious things you already know about since u played it before..like the combat, gfx, etc..)

1. Pure melees are useless during a keep siege(until the doors come down and the fight starts).

2. ToA made it a PvE fest which caters to the hardcore gamers. Being a casual gamer..i could rarely be there for a scheduled ML/Artifact raid.

3. PvE groups do not exist anymore. My 44 runemaster couldnt find a group for 2 weeks before i recently cancelled again for the umpteenth time. And he was on Merlin..the highest pop server.

4. Scouts are considered the best RvR class right now because they have the most range and dmg. Followed by rangers then hunters. Sorcerers are also considered uber because they have bolt ranged mezz with a 450 radius, permanent pet charm, Very strong nuking ability, speed and mana regen. As well there RR5 realm ability is a 30sec 90% absorb.

5. Because of companies like IGE(ebay platinum) inflation is insane. The good artifacts go for up to 40-75 plat.

6. Spellcrafting. Not sure if you were here when this was put in. If u werent..basically its the ability to put stats on any armor or weapons.

7. ToA weapons/armor and artifacts arent like normal ones. They "lvl up" as you gain XP off certain things. The more you level them, the more stats/abilities become available to you. Things now have +cap items which increase your hardcap.

8. Buffbots have ruined any part of solo RvR.

Now this is merely off the top of my head. There is still much more. As for your other questions

Casters in general do fairly good. Any pure melee does not do so well.

Quite the opposite. They do fairly well in BG. But BG is alot more even then the end game so they arent "as good" as they are in RvR.

Albion is doing fairly well still. But its evening out a little bit with the free level system. ANy bow class does good. assasins still do decently but not nearly as well as they used too. Assasins used to be able to kill tanks..now they can barely kill other assasins/archers.

My comp costed me $1000 3 years ago and runs DAoC great. You can get a saystem almost 2x as good for that price now. 500-700 for my same system. The only things you really need to worry about is a proccesser, RAM, Vidcard, and power supply.

• LoderdaleLoderdale Member Posts: 16

numatic thanks for the info, an thanks for the time you spent typing all of it.

1. im not a comp guy you'd say i just know enough to keep me going, so i have a couple more Q's.

2. are clerics in albion still good? i wanna buy DAoC for me roommate an I, an we arent into pvp that much.

3. an if i buy the latest expansion do i need to buy the first disk, an all those after? or is the latest expasnion an smash of all released verison of DAoC?

4.are dells truely as bad as they say? i know if i have someone build the comp for me i get more bang for my buck, but i live in a very small town an no one here is really into comps so i cant go that way.

sorry for asking so many questions, but i figure its better to ask, an have questions answered, then to not ask an do something stupid

Thank You for your time an energy once more :)

Games Played : Uo 6yr Vet, DAoC about 2yrs ago, an looking to get back into the game.

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by Loderdale

numatic thanks for the info, an thanks for the time you spent typing all of it.
    1. im not a comp guy you'd say i just know enough to keep me going, so i have a couple more Q's.
    2. are clerics in albion still good? i wanna buy DAoC for me roommate an I, an we arent into pvp that much.
    3. an if i buy the latest expansion do i need to buy the first disk, an all those after? or is the latest expasnion an smash of all released verison of DAoC?
    4.are dells truely as bad as they say? i know if i have someone build the comp for me i get more bang for my buck, but i live in a very small town an no one here is really into comps so i cant go that way.
    sorry for asking so many questions, but i figure its better to ask, an have questions answered, then to not ask an do something stupid

Thank You for your time an energy once more :)

2. There smite line was nerfed long ago. As for healing, yea they are still good at it.

3. Buy the platinum edition. Its all the expansions in one. Also the catacombs expansion will be coming out in december.

4. Dunno..all my comps i get are custom builds by myself. I buy my parts off Newegg.com. Only custom build if you are doing it yourself..otherwise these companies will charge an arm and a leg for labor costs.

• LoderdaleLoderdale Member Posts: 16
    a'ight an well thanks again numatic you've been a great help