Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bring PlanetSide Back!!!

Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Planetside has given me some of the best moments in an mmo I've ever had and it's sad to see such a great game get pushed aside and left to rot. The huge battles was where I had the most fun and seeing since pop has been declining what about implementing an AI to keep the battles huge.

I know your thinking, "Well if your gonna add that much AI why don't you just make it a single player game." Well to be honest I wouldn't mind that but I do enjoy the teamwork of real ppl. SOE please either resurrect this game and make it great once again or start making a Planetside 2. Keep alive the most epic mmo and game I've ever played. Thank you.

Trolls = Hardcore
Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

Comments

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Cyborg99

Planetside has given me some of the best moments in an mmo I've ever had and it's sad to see such a great game get pushed aside and left to rot. The huge battles was where I had the most fun and seeing since pop has been declining what about implementing an AI to keep the battles huge.
    I know your thinking, "Well if your gonna add that much AI why don't you just make it a single player game." Well to be honest I wouldn't mind that but I do enjoy the teamwork of real ppl. SOE please either ressurect this game and make it great once again or start making a Planetside 2. Keep alive the most epic mmo and game I've ever played. Thank you.

Beta and the first year of launch this game rocked. Now its just like everything else SOE touches in the MMO world.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393

I played a trial of this last week after seeing a similar post remembering the game fondly.

It must have been a lot different in the beginning, because it was utterly devoid of players (at least where I was).  Also, it looks horribly dated.  Ordinarily I'm not a graphics whore, but wow has it aged poorly.  Darkfall has better graphics. 

If they'd give it a visual overhaul and add some players, I'd sub for awhile.

*edit: Actually to be accurate it wasn't I trial I played, because I couldn't find one.  I did the 19.99 download from direct2drive.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852
    Originally posted by sonicbrew

I know your thinking, "Well if your gonna add that much AI why don't you just make it a single player game." Well to be honest I wouldn't mind that but I do enjoy the teamwork of real ppl. SOE please either ressurect this game and make it great once again or start making a Planetside 2. Keep alive the most epic mmo and game I've ever played. Thank you.

Beta and the first year of launch this game rocked. Now its just like everything else SOE touches in the MMO world.

I agree... SOE is death incarnate.  I think twice about SOE games since the SWG massacre.

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by choujiofkono

I agree... SOE is death incarnate.  I think twice about SOE games since the SWG massacre.

The sad thing though is that they can do consoles to a tee. I love my PS3 and it has some killer games and the PS2 rocked. Why they cannot put such a good effort forth on the MMO side is beyond me...

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by choujiofkono

The sad thing though is that they can do consoles to a tee. I love my PS3 and it has some killer games and the PS2 rocked. Why they cannot put such a good effort forth on the MMO side is beyond me...

i agree. but other than the swg fiasco (which they still gave us 3 good years before the nge), i love their mmos, planetside, eq2, swg of old, VG after they fixed it up, are all good games