Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2p???

Been playing this game for 4-5 months got nealy to the cap lvl 119 so i can share so infos with the rest.

In the first stages of the game u'r prety much ok(loot is ok ,lvl same,dont need to item mall) but after lvl 80 ur in for a big surprise.

The boxes(equiment come from boxes) are so rare and it gets worse ,not its where the game actualy begins.Once u get to 95 u'll find out that u need to spend huge time to lvl(no to mention the 99-100 line takes forever).If you got time u will pass that but what about gear? Well if u item mall then u'll buy that too and your way up to the "elite group".

Ive made a post about  low loot table ,gms said i should do my individual dungeons ,so i did them but 8 out 10 time u'r loot will suck(u'll get lvl 50-70 boxes and very rare 97-100's lvl).So how do u supose to upgrade your mercs gear and your main ???

Then i start grinding ,ohh, couple of nights ago i've been killing for almost 6h non-stop and not a single box so how's that ?

For those thinking to play this game ,read this first ....u will need to item mall a lot.The gms dont corect/patchs the game but istead they relase new item mall(last one kitty bag lol) wtf...And after u pass lvl 113 the gear cost so much that is almost imposible to gear ur mercs without their item mall ,not to mention the lack of content once u pass the 113-115 lvl.

Maybe i dont have luck ,like the others but lately everyone i know(guild/nation) seams to be complainig about drop loot/ori's/lack of high lvl content .They nerfed the loot so bad ....u can actualy loot gold from mobs and the procent is almost 70-80%(goonzu comes in mine ,last time ive got like 60-70% gold from mobs and that a hard dungeon ,ocurs only in the weekens)

Anyway think twice before playing this game.

Comments

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Isn't it like this in... every F2P game anyway?

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

No not in every Free 2 play, however yes in most. Requiem bloodymare the only thing that the item mall helps in is to make the horrible grind less painfull. Other than that there is nothing there that affects you in any major way, unless you count +20% drop rates and +World chat function a game braking benefit, I dont.  Even if you do you only pay 10-15 dollars TOPS for every temporary 30 day benefit the game has to offer. 

This is a very good game, up there with some of the good Pay 2 play games, sadly if you want to compete at high levels you end up spending more money than you would a P2P game, which kinda makes you think, "This game is as good, but in no way better than a lot of the P2P games out there, WHY the heck am I going to spend more here than in a P2P?"

This was the way I see it, and why I didn't stick with it. Good game yes, Fun game yes, balanced and fair F2P game, not even close.  Its one of the worse in terms of item mall dependency out of the ones I have played and my list is quite long. Sword of the new world, Requiem bloodymare, Runes of Magic, Perfect World, Jade Dynasty,  12 sky 2, 2 Moons, Shaiya  to name a few. It is not the worse cash shop I have tried but its down there in the bottom 3.

Again Ill re-state it because I know people will say Im just hating on the game. I am not. I like the game, its an amazing experience to enjoy  truth be told if it was 15/mo subscription fee Id be all over it.  But I know when something is a rip off and for what it offers Atlantica is a rip off once you get to high levels. 

Is it possible to succeed yes it is, but is it likely without any CS use at all, no.

I only played this game a few days, I am only level 42. I do not plan to stay long  (For the cash shop  being about... 100% of  the reason) once my computer gets fixed and I can play my main games again.

However I have a friend who is level 98 and he has been playing about 6 months.  He is a casual Free 2 play player. He has gotten that far playing 100% for free but he will admit he is no match for most players around his level in PvE and in PvP he is also at a huge dissadvantage. I would say from what Iv been told by lots of high level players this game puts you at a major disadvantage compared to a lot of F2P games out there if you dont buy from their overpriced cash shop. A great game but its a rip off unless you can't live without the turn base combat. 

People will tell you "The item mall is not as bad as other free mmos" They would be correct, its not as bad when you compare to games like Rohan online. However I can tell you for a fact its no where near one of the best ether.

Basically it comes down to this. With Atlantica you get a FUN good game, very enjoyable and quite original, lots of support, and overall a P2P quality product. But you end up paying more than you would normally for a P2P game if you want to compete at high levels.

With a lot of other F2P games their item malls are really cheap, their prices are low, or they dont  base to much on item mall stuff for PvP or PvE, however their game is boring, simplistic, and generic. Its your choice.  I  choose fun P2P games, I end up paying less and compete equally.  As fun as it is once my main machine is fixed I won't be playing this anymore. Till then Im having a blast. 

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

The OP is basically right.

Equpment gets really hard to get after 100.  97 level stuff drops readily enough (got 26 boxes tonight from doing 2 indy dungeons), but only 4 100 level boxes and 3 105 boxes. (I don't think anything higher than 105 boxes drop)

I'm 115th level in this game, and I have 1 piece of 110 level equipment, and I only got that because it was almost broken and thus sold pretty cheap.

That said though, a lot of it has to do with the game only being a year old. How many year old games have a lack of content near the level cap? Most of them, I'd say...

Still, I've had a lot more fun in 6 months of this game (I think I spend $80 total), than I had in 8 months of Lotro (which I've spent $260 on - $200 for lifetime sub, $40 for Moria, $20 for the base game)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there