Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally quit after 3 months

I though I could keep up one game active to play anytime I wanted but it just failed. Since Warhammer is appeased on PVP but it only happened occassionally. The time to login to play become very importantly. Otherwise, it often ended up to do battle objects without PVP. The PVE contents sucks compared to any other games I have played before such as LOTRO.

Anyhow, Warhammer is a nice game compared with Pirates of the Burning Sea but the monthly subscription fee is not worthy. In my opinion, Warhammer maximum monthly fee is not worthy more than 5 bucks, not only they do not have customer service or a professional website, (their Forum still in Beta) but the game has no plan for fture, and the PVP is 100 vs 20 or 20 vs 5. It happened few times 50 vs 50 alike but you have to spent a long time wait and see in the game.

Comments

• SwiftpainSwiftpain Member Posts: 35

ummm, you are very mistaken. This game has a great future. I don't see how you can not see it..... You must be knew to the whole Warhammer Universe... There are still a few races they could add, not to mention a ton more class's if they felt like it.

its only 14 bucks a month so its not that bad. I am guessing you only played Order since you are bitching about the pvp odds.  Order in this game is like Horde to WoW.  It has a Profession website, how you played this game for 3 months and could not find it is beyond me. The sad fact is you posted this like on 7/30/09.... Right after they released the undead place, they also have a WoW.com style forum >.>

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Swiftpain
    ummm, you are very mistaken. This game has a great future. I don't see how you can not see it..... You must be knew to the whole Warhammer Universe... There are still a few races they could add, not to mention a ton more class's if they felt like it.
    its only 14 bucks a month so its not that bad. I am guessing you only played Order since you are bitching about the pvp odds.  Order in this game is like Horde to WoW.  It has a Profession website, how you played this game for 3 months and could not find it is beyond me. The sad fact is you posted this like on 7/30/09.... Right after they released the undead place, they also have a WoW.com style forum >.>

They don't have the money or the time to add new races or classes, so that's not true.

They have a future until new games come out, which is Septemberish so that's about two or three months maximum.

All P2P MMOs are pretty much $15 bucks so that's not really a plus, its status quo.

He didn't say he couldn't find the website, he said it wasn't professional because its still in Beta.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

Join the club Larry, I think if they actually only charged $5 for Bore/Heal hammer it wouldn't be in the shape it is in.

I don't know what it is with this game as I have several 40s and early level 30s (I have tried to find a class to like in this game, honestly) but I tell you man game just doesn't draw me in for some reason.

I hate to say this but this game actually made me miss WOW.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

If you cant even keep your player base now, than it doesn't matter how may class or how many more races, cities there's still to be release.

Those unrelease content may not even see the light if Mythic dont do something drastic about this game...

RIP Orc Choppa

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

I don't know what you mean about this game having a future Swiftpain, but I can tell you when I left last they were merging servers due to the number of people they lost (subs are lower than what Mark "the lying" Jacobs let on, this game doesn't have near 300k in active subs). there was  900k beta testers wanting in this game,  talking on this site about Warhammer being the ultimate PvP end all MMORPG game, hell you don't even see the people who were paid to promote this game during beta blabbing, and defending the game any more.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

I think the best thing for Warhammer is to release a zone like Land of the Dead along with level 32 characters as a free trial on Steam and rerelease that great trailer they had. I know I'd play that and it might get me back into the game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

This is what happens when a mmo gets pushed out before it is finished. They have been making some improvements but it simply isn't enough when mostly everyone has left. They need to go f2p and somehow keep improving the game. Class and faction imbalances were horrible and they used an old crappy engine. It seems they took alot of shortcuts just to make the game somehwhat playable.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

I renewed my subscription yesterday.  Wanted to see how they've patched it up since I quit a few months ago.  Hopped around to a few different servers, rolled order and destro toons, played up a few levels, tried to talk to the general populace of each realm, hopped on my older toons...

Cancelled again a few hours ago.

It's the only game I've played, where performance and graphics have gotten worse the longer the game has been out...and I was playing WAR on launch day, and sporadically throughout the past year.  The game is a bore.  The AI is idiotic.  RVR is a mindless spammy zergfest (still).  People seem disgruntled and unhappy.  I don't know how anyone can say this game has a future.  It's rather depressing to even play it.  :(

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Balance between the 2 realms is so skewed that its ridiculous. Mythic have no clue how to balance their game unless its making sweeping changes, further weakening already weak classes. The performance is still pretty bad, the animatiosn still suck, the casting lag still remains, its combat is generally unresponsive..the list goes on. Its now getting to the point of release standard almost 1 year after launch, which is truley unacceptable. I can honestly see Aion stealing a whole batch of annoyed players from this game, not to mention other titles like Mortal Online.

• adrianemeryadrianemery Member Posts: 250

Their client is horrible and I was getting CTD's, lag etc on a brand new quad core system.

Add to that they tried to make WAR a level based game where warhammer fantasy roleplay is a skill based game and about 20 stats which you level up within your class profile.

I cannot see why mythic threw a fully working, 25 year old pen and paper game to make what they tried to do.

Then in Europe which is Warhammer's home territory they hand over control to GOA which after DOAC everybody said they were a bunch of useless clowns.

There just the big mistakes, there were a ton of other mistakes made.

To be honest unless they do some sort of NGE on WAR I 

can't see them gettin g to Xmas what with the huge amount of new games heading our way.