Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Targeting and Key Binding

I'm new to the game, about a week old.  Is it me or does the targetting not work at times in this game?  I know it has auto targetting, but it seems after I manually click to target something it doesn't start auto targetting very quickly again.  Also whats the deal with keybindings.  Target nearest mob seems to be doing the funcion of target next mob.  Also when trying to bind keys I have several keys that I push on my keyboard ,lets say i wanna bind the Page Down button, when I press it it comes up as num pad 1 or something.  The matrix isn't off in my keyboard as the keys bind fine to other games.

Currently Playing: Toying around with AoC and bored with Darkfall

Thinking of Playing: Fallen Earth or Darkfall after this months update.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

Comments

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by hybridfury

I'm new to the game, about a week old.  Is it me or does the targetting not work at times in this game?  I know it has auto targetting, but it seems after I manually click to target something it doesn't start auto targetting very quickly again.  Also whats the deal with keybindings.  Target nearest mob seems to be doing the funcion of target next mob.  Also when trying to bind keys I have several keys that I push on my keyboard ,lets say i wanna bind the Page Down button, when I press it it comes up as num pad 1 or something.  The matrix isn't off in my keyboard as the keys bind fine to other games.

I didn't really get all that, but if you have problems with targeting, try turning auto targeting off.

I usually do, cause when I have auto target on, it pops to whatever red is in front of me.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

you know you have to face the mob, right?

if you turn away, and have auto targeting on you could be targeting the mob currently in front of you.

Try turning off the auto targeting and use tab if you dont like it.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I am a new player too and am having the same issues as the OP, thanks for the advice on the auto targetting.

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

Ok, I'm in game right now, posting from my laptop.  I wanna change my assist keybind from the default key of "F" to the "Page Down" key on my keyboard.  So I open up the controls menu and find assist, I click it and press the Page Down key on my keyboard, but it shows it as "Num 3" when I'm done.  The Delete Key reports as "Num Del", End reports as "Num 1" , Insert reports as "Num 0" , etc.... I don't use the WASD keys to move either, I instead use my arrow keys.  For the up arrow, num 8 is reported, down arrow reports as num 2, left arrow reports as num 4 and right arrow as num6.  It's basically saying the seperate arrows keys on a keyboard are the same as the arrow keys on the num pad designated as the 2,4,6 and 8 keys.   Also I can't seem to bind the shift key with any of the numpad keys such as, "shift + num 1", but i can do "Alt + Num 1" or "Ctrl +Num 1" just fine.  All the binds work in game, but the problem is on some occasions it won't let you bind a key, because it is being falsely reported as in use and you get the warning saying that key is already bound.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

I'm using a G15 Gaming Keyboard btw and have no other issues with any other keybinds in any other MMO's or games in general for that matter.  My key layout may strike some as weird, but it's what I've always used since I started with EQ 1 in 2000.  I always have around 4 hotbars visible at all times and  use my arrow keys and mouse for movement.  My main hotbar is bound to the numbers on my numpad, secondary hotbar keys would then be Ctrl+NumPad 1-9 and third hotbar would be Alt+NumPad 1-9.  I then use the Page UP, Page Down, Home, End, Ins and del keys for targetting or other various things depending on the game.