Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall has a lot of potential...

All they have to do is copy EVE Online for pretty much everything and you've got the best MMOG on the market.  EVE's only problem is that the PvP COMBAT (not system) isn't fun.  This is due to the way traveling in EVE is accomplished and the way combat is done.  It's rather like a chess game instead of a fun computer game.  DF solves this problem with its fantasy setting and fps style combat.  Now if only the devs realize this games potential and take it in that direction.

Comments

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

No.

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Please let us know when that potential is finally realised.

• ZeknichovZeknichov Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by warty

No.

Yes

Originally posted by Xasapis

Please let us know when that potential is finally realised.

It never will, that's why I'm bitching.  DF is more likely to become a WoW clone then an EVE Clone.

• SuperHansSuperHans Member Posts: 87

Oh, please! EVE Online is nothing but a chat client with automated grind.  I couldn't read your post past the first line.

And yes, Darkfall has(or should I say; had?) a lot of potential. But so does every P2P MMOG. Most of them, ultimately, fail. Just like Darkfall! Go figure!

I'm just cool like that.

• Addt4Addt4 Member Posts: 99

No.

Eve sucks balls.

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

EVE is that way >>>

What you gave up on the darkfall forums because no-one wants ot hear your eve shite, so you came here instead?

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

Originally posted by warty

EVE is that way >>>

What you gave up on the darkfall forums because no-one wants ot hear your eve shite, so you came here instead?

No, there was a time these forums weren't populated by morons and you could have a good discussion about MMOG mechanics, something that will never happen on the DF forums.  I was hoping for that again, but I guess I was wrong.  The only people here anymore are washed up MMOG players with god complexes bitching about how an MMOG where they can be God and everyone else their puppets doesn't exist, or why if such a game does exist they actually have to work to become God instead of it just being handed to them. 

• DragonOrderDragonOrder Member Posts: 16

DARKFALL IS AWESOME!  

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by Zeknichov

All they have to do is copy EVE Online for pretty much everything and you've got the best MMOG on the market.  EVE's only problem is that the PvP COMBAT (not system) isn't fun.  This is due to the way traveling in EVE is accomplished and the way combat is done.  It's rather like a chess game instead of a fun computer game.  DF solves this problem with its fantasy setting and fps style combat.  Now if only the devs realize this games potential and take it in that direction.

Sorry. The DF PvP Combat isn't fun, too. So there is the same problem, even not a whole pile of more problems.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Paying for potential in games is stupid. Its not like an investment that will bring a player any kind of profit on the long run.

EVE pvp was balls, laggy as hell, rock paper, scissors, stone style pvp. And the people playing it are knobs. L£££T PoVVn$ JO   type stuff last i tried it.

Originally posted by Addt4

EVE pvp was balls, laggy as hell, rock paper, scissors, stone style pvp. And the people playing it are knobs. L£££T PoVVn$ JO   type stuff last i tried it.

Yeah exactly.  I hated it too, not to mention you could spend a whole 24 hours straight online and not even get a fight.  Unless you consider suiciding into a 200 man blob where you die before you can see your ship a fight.

Yes, paying for potential is stupid, but expecting an indie company without money to improve upon a game with potential, without money, is also stupid.

DF's PvP isn't THAT fun (still ahead of EVE), but once again it has potential.  EVE's combat doesn't have potential, it would require a total overhaul of the entire game, including the way the server shards work.  Not gonna happen.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

If a game is bottom of the barrel of course it has potential.  Where else is it going to go?

Originally posted by Addt4

Yeah exactly.  I hated it too, not to mention you could spend a whole 24 hours straight online and not even get a fight.  Unless you consider suiciding into a 200 man blob where you die before you can see your ship a fight.

Yes, paying for potential is stupid, but expecting an indie company without money to improve upon a game with potential, without money, is also stupid.

DF's PvP isn't THAT fun (still ahead of EVE), but once again it has potential.  EVE's combat doesn't have potential, it would require a total overhaul of the entire game, including the way the server shards work.  Not gonna happen.

Well I can see what you're saying, but your also saying, that to play DF we have to pay £30 +£10pm sub for a game that isn't finished? Look where that got SOE with Vanguard....

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

Guess its a matter of taste. Somewhere in Asia people eat Monkey brains, too. I still dont like DFO. Potential... some sort of word like "iconic", and giving me the creeps nowadays.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

The word potential sould be banned from MMO's.  

Tetris has potential. Any game has potential.  Judging a game from his potential is foolish.  Most games with potential, never deliver.   Saying "this game has potential" don't tell *nothing*.  It make us dumber.  Is worst than spam.  It dumbifyzombiefication.

Hello Kitty online has potential.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

All Games have potential.  That is ALL GAMES, games that are currently released, will released, just in idea stage, had good release, crappy release.

All games have potential, therefore the term is meaningless when applied to one game over another.

Venge Sunsoar

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • mortharxmortharx Member Posts: 293

My shoes have a lot of potential...

mmmmmm my magic shoes..

R.I.P Chikaca Whachuchuimage

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

You can't play "potential".  Games that are best described as having "potential" have already failed.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Paris Hilton has a lot of potential :)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

Hey no cheap jokes about my girlfriend, she is very sensative about that sort of thing.