Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THe Worst Part of the game.....

124»

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

So you don't like the game....move on already. I swear people get on these forums and make some form of crusade or jihad against a game they dont like. Some of you guys are starting to sound whiny like a lot of the swg pre-nge vets. You gotto know that just becuase you are ranting on a game it isn't going to convince someone that they should stop having fun with it.  All the reasons why people left or dont like this game have already been said by others before you. Just like there are many who have said they like the game. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190
    Originally posted by solareus

Can you name specific passages in books where the sorcerer of this game is used in the text book.,,,
    Also wondering why the topic went off track and what does any of R.E. Howard's books have to do with the community ? There are millions of adult fantsay readers in the world that don't act like they are 13 and discovering breasts for the time, ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth-Amon

Thoth-Amon, the sorcerer who brands your character with the Mark of Acheron is not a funcom creation. He was created by Howard.

Satisified that there is sorcery in the Conan Lore and that you should read the damned books before mouthing off?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

Ya I found most communities more mature.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865
    Originally posted by solareus

The community.  It is by far the worst .  LoTRO community is so much more mature and able to have conversations,  unlike AoC where it just feels like a bunch of children who just fiscovered the internet.

I found the chat system in AOC is very difficult to use due to poor design. It's so difficult to scroll, and did not use the most common macro /r to reply. The text color is grey white and still dont know how to change the chat background color. Most of the time, I just turned the chat off because it's so difficult to read. From time to time I have seen some Guilds recruiting members but there is no link about the guild. There is no community as I can see in AOC.

LOTRO has good community also because there are so many real female players in the game and most of female in LOTRO are guild leaders and the player age maybe around 30 yrs old. And every guild as I know or heard on the server I played before have their own website. 

There are several worst things in this game preventing me to play for more than one month. (only playing 10 days by so far).

1. Terrible targeting device -  Whatever you have used as previous target, looting a bag or mining or killed a mob, they are still on your target panel. it's so unintelligent and real annoyed because I do not want these useless as my current target. Because of this stupid targeting makes your next targeting difficult. It depends on what type of your previous target to preventing you use auto targeting while click on your offense skill.

2. Zone connection and Maps - This is terrible problems for a mmo did not have huge map instead of made up by so many tiny, small and medium zones. You have to go to the zone if you want to browse the map of that area. This is another anti-intelligence design.

3. Strange performance calculation - your character performance is affected by certain quest if you did not completed it. For example, at lv40, if you did not complete the Destiny quest for lv30 then your performance will be greatly reduced. There might be some other check points hidden in this game. So you'd better to do as many quest as possible.

4. Too many bugs -  I bought something from AH and open up the mail and get the item but it did not show up in my bag.

No need to mention too many of the other problems because the mapping and targeting affects the gameplay at the most.