Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THe Worst Part of the game.....

The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

Comments

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

Hehe just me then who never gets bothered by such trivial matters unless someone is insulting me personally. I enjoy the game and stick to my guild chat. Also takes a second to switch off Global chat. But complaining on forum is easier i guess.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

People who roll on pvp servers shouldn't complain about community. That's like walking into Compton and complaining about getting shot at.

• TjommisTjommis Member UncommonPosts: 225

The community of the pure PvP servers and the PvE servers are as night and day. If you had not tried only Tyrrany (US) or Fury (EU) servers you would have known that.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

OK, OK Lets tone this down abit folks until we see a post from Avery i for one will not form any preconcived ideas that anything that has been posted so far is official. Opions are closely looked at by the folks at Funcom and there Advocates.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Ahh come on now, I really like Kimchie the longer it is buried the better it is. What has cabbage ever done to you.

MAGA
  • angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

The leets and kiddies  you find so annoying also pay monthly fees which Funcom does not want to lose.  If you are a socially healthy adult who wants to enjoy adventure in the world of Hyboria just do the following:

1) Roll on a PvE server

2) Immediately join a guild which seeks adult-only membership

3) Turn off Global chat

Problem solved.

Originally posted by angus858

The leets and kiddies  you find so annoying also pay monthly fees which Funcom does not want to lose.  If you are a socially healthy adult who wants to enjoy adventure in the world of Hyboria just do the following:
    1) Roll on a PvE server
    3) Turn off Global chat
    Problem solved.

Why not just play another game ?

MAGA

Originally posted by Elsabolts

1) Roll on a PvE server
    3) Turn off Global chat
    Problem solved.

Why not just play another game ?

It's not out yet.

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

Closed beta 5 this weekend.

Originally posted by sa1yaman

Closed beta 5 this weekend.

TOR's not in beta yet. :p

• JpizzleJpizzle Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by solareus

1) Roll on a PvE server
    3) Turn off Global chat
    Problem solved.

Why should I have to ? if I would be a potential paying customer ? Why is it so hard for  Funcom to police the chat up a little to make the game world feel adult oriented.

So, you're not looking for options, you just want to bitch and whine like a bad boy baby? 

If your post was just that you can't have things your way so you're going to nerdrage, kudos on your stupidity. 

If you were posting for suggestions on other options, then your ignorance is blinding you from the ones suggested.  

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

1) Roll on a PvE server
    3) Turn off Global chat
    Problem solved.

Why should I have to ? if I would be a potential paying customer ? Why is it so hard for  Funcom to police the chat up a little to make the game world feel adult oriented.

Now, may I ask, what steps have you taken to rectify this? Why should Funcom police a chat for a server that does not fit YOUR needs.

The poster you responded to has some very good suggestions. Why not just do that?

Look at it this way. It is kind of like hitting yourself with a stick. You know it hurts, and eventually you will stop, but if you just want to complain about hitting yourself with the stick and not want to stop the hitting?...Well, you can see why we question your judgement.

Good luck making the right choices down the road in life.

(PS: I do note you compare the game to LOTRO and their community. But, LOTRO is full of happy hobbits and gay elves (note gay used in the proper 1920's sense) in a bright and cheerful world. Hyboria is a cruel barbaric low fantasy. If you cant handle the brawn, then you may wish to return to Happy Land.)

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

The OP is obviously only interested in playing on a pvp server. Unfortunately in most games and in most servers, the pvp crowd tends to bring out the worst in folks.

That said, the game mechanics, the lore, the core game design for aoc is actually quite fun. Too bad the developers can't quite put a muzzle on the most special of the short bus crowd.

• sixscotsixscot Member Posts: 25

I'm sorry but while the global chat may be downright offensive at times (just like Barrens chat in WoW and 1-9 in EQ2), the community that I have encountered in the two months that I have been playing on Cimmeria (RP PVP) thus far have been helpful and friendly.   If the global channel bothers you to the point of avoiding the game then don't rely of the developers to police the community- do it yourself.  It's easy enough to turn off global chat, find yourself a guild that fits your personality and playstyle, and use the lfg tools to find players.  Before you know it, you'll have a group of people you can call upon and will never have to look at global again if you don't want to.  If you need to communicate with the general public, use another channel.  I've had good success using the regional channel to find groups, etc.

I don't understand why anyone would not use the tools given to them to make their own gaming experience more enjoyable.  If you don't like the game, fine, but don't blame it on something as vague as the "community".  If Funcom hadn't given us things like chat filters and ignore lists, I can see complaining.  But that's not the case.  And before you say you shouldn't have to use these tools, there's a reason why every mmo out there, has them.  There are some complete jerks within the mmo community but you don't have to know they exist if you don't want to.

• soflasurfrsoflasurfr Member Posts: 31

I agree, the community is by far the worst thing about the game. Why do you think games like LOTRO have such a good community while AOC is filled with dick heads?

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by soflasurfr

I agree, the community is by far the worst thing about the game. Why do you think games like LOTRO have such a good community while AOC is filled with dick heads?

I think its to do with the fact that most younger folks have A.D.D.  LOTRO  is story driven and more about exploration without the instant gratification  they get from "pwning a noob "or getting a different colored dragon to sit on a mailbox with.

I disagree. I have an excellent guild, have played with many a great team mate in groups, dungeons, raids in AoC. I have met as many dicks if not more in LOTRO, EQ2, WoW (ok...MANY more in WoW), than I have in AoC.

So, your assumption is just that. Incorrect to this player anyways.

Originally posted by grandpagamer

I think its to do with the fact that most younger folks have A.D.D.  LOTRO  is story driven and more about exploration without the instant gratification  they get from "pwning a noob "or getting a different colored dragon to sit on a mailbox with.

Is this an assumption that AoC has mostly "younger" players?

I am 46, my wife is 34, we play with 30-40 year olds.

So, this also is an INCORRECT assumption. I have played with my share of children in LOTRO, EQ2, WoW (even more in WoW) than in AoC.

If you do not play the game, this always colors assumptions to make them quite wrong. Either that, or try to make the right selection next time, and pick a different server than Tyranny or other FFA PvP.

Cheers

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by openedge1

Originally posted by grandpagamer

Is this an assumption that AoC has mostly "younger" players?

I am 46, my wife is 34, we play with 30-40 year olds.

So, this also is an INCORRECT assumption. I have played with my share of children in LOTRO, EQ2, WoW (even more in WoW) than in AoC.

If you do not play the game, this always colors assumptions to make them quite wrong. Either that, or try to make the right selection next time, and pick a different server than Tyranny or other FFA PvP.

Cheers

I havnt played AOC since last fall as honestly the game caused me to question if i had A.D.D. or not. As for "assuming" its younger players you are correct. I shouldnt assume that just because people act like children that they are children.  The post i replied to was wondering why games like LOTRO have more mature players than games like AOC. I gave my opinion as to why and i feel i make a valid point about why LOTRO appeals to a more mature playerbase do to story and exlploration (some would say a true RPG) where as other games provide instant gratification which is better suited to those less patient. Young people are the most impatient in my experience.

• dp88dp88 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by openedge1

1) Roll on a PvE server
    3) Turn off Global chat
    Problem solved.

Now, may I ask, what steps have you taken to rectify this? Why should Funcom police a chat for a server that does not fit YOUR needs.

The poster you responded to has some very good suggestions. Why not just do that?

Look at it this way. It is kind of like hitting yourself with a stick. You know it hurts, and eventually you will stop, but if you just want to complain about hitting yourself with the stick and not want to stop the hitting?...Well, you can see why we question your judgement.

Good luck making the right choices down the road in life.

(PS: I do note you compare the game to LOTRO and their community. But, LOTRO is full of happy hobbits and gay elves (note gay used in the proper 1920's sense) in a bright and cheerful world. Hyboria is a cruel barbaric low fantasy. If you cant handle the brawn, then you may wish to return to Happy Land.)

Didn't you hear that you aren't allowed to criticize anything ever. Its childish. At least it is if openedge or people like him are watching and around to criticize you for it.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Why are people surprised that a server or game that caters to totally free and open pvp would be populated by the lowest common demoninator of players.  It will be that way in any game that does not have some rules that foster the need for cooperation beyond joining up to gank other people. 

Welcome to social engineering 101....when there are no rules people revert to their base impulses.  In humans that leads to cruelty, selfishness, angry, and protectivism.

This is just another reason that games that are "open" pvp are destined to fail because they player base fails.