Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game?

Ive never heard about any end game content with this?  Can anyone please elaborate?

Comments

• jamiszjamisz Member Posts: 66

lol I guess that pretty much sums it up then...

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Yeah, it doesn't have much of one. Turbine fanboys have taken the tack that it doesn't need an "endgame", because the game isn't over until 2014, or whenver it is that they realease the Mordor expansion.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

I think people just get tired of answering the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

In therms of end-game instances there are currently:

7x 6-man instances (+1 for battle of Lorien)

2x 3-man instances

2x 12-man lair raids

1x 12-man multi-boss raid

6x solo instances

Then add all the epic quests and stuff and you have LotrOs end-game. If you are not a 24/7 hardcore player then ther is more than enough end-game content.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by seabass2003

I think people just get tired of answering the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Yeah, and especially of clueless people who can't even do a google search....

www.google.hu/search 

Lots of good links that say it all.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

Yeah since there are SOOOO many threads talking about this games end game content...

Originally posted by jamisz

Yeah since there are SOOOO many threads talking about this games end game content...

Yes, indeed there are. Irony failed.

DB

Not in the first 3 pages of the forums there is not.  I wasnt digging any further and the search for "end game" resulted in notta.  And I didnt want google answers I wanted a discussion.

Sorry for pouring salt on an open wound.  The games end-game content sucks, sorry for bringing it up again it seems to be such a sensitive subject here.

Originally posted by jamisz

Not in the first 3 pages of the forums there is not.  I wasnt digging any further and the search for "end game" resulted in notta.  And I didnt want google answers I wanted a discussion.
    Sorry for pouring salt on an open wound.  The games end-game content sucks, sorry for bringing it up again it seems to be such a sensitive subject here.

Well, at least thanks for confirming the suspicion of trolling :) it was only suspicious from your original post, now at least you admitted that you were not really interested in the topic anyway. It was easy, huh: :)

BTW, endgame is for those who are blind to see that it's the journey that matters. Still, Lotro has those timesink raids, but we all know you didn't even read the comment which listed them for you. Fare well.

DB

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Yes. Happy to.

The endgame content starts at level one, right after you've created the character. The trick is that not everyone who plays the game is equipped to notice it. The general opinion is that this is the way the game was designed to work from the outset.

It is, without a doubt, the longest endgame climb of any MMO available in the known universe.

And then, you die and the government takes your money.

Hope this helps.

user
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Toss in some player versus monster player pvp, crafting and social activities and it sounds like LotRO has a fairly solid 'end-game"  (whatever that means)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

*deleted*

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I always thought endgame was when you hit the cancel button.

Originally posted by kasta

I always thought endgame was when you hit the cancel button.

Those sad people who think endgame is the answer to anything, should seriously consider studying buddhism. Maybe there is still hope....

DB

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319

I won't try to sugar coat it for you, the end-game is a grind ( to me anyway, if you're a WoW veteran you'll probably be used to it). You'll be running group instances/raids repeatedly for gear. You'll be running solo instances over and over for item experience. You'll also be grinding daily quests for reputation. Of course there's the epic quest line and crafting, but those aren't really end-game as you should have progressed through the majority of them while leveling (I kept up with the epic quests anyway since I wanted to experience the story, but there are those who's only concern is rushing to end-game). Grinding is the meat of end-game, but as they say, the game is what you make of it.

The end-game isn't really "hardcore" in comparison to other MMOs. I'm just not much of a fan of instance grinding and there isn't much else to do once you've finished the epic quest line and mastered your craft.

That said, LotRO is definitely about the journey not the destination. The journey to 60 and the epic quest line are superb, the end-game not so much in my opinion. If your primary concern in a MMO is end-game, then I'm going to hazard a guess that you're the raiding/pvp type. Raiding and pvp aren't the main focus of this game, I can't really recommend it if that's what you're looking for.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW