Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: LFM Ulduar 25, PST Stats and Achievement

124»

Comments

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Originally posted by stringray13

Here is one for ya, imagine going up to 25 random people on the street and asking them to build an airplane which you will then attempt to fly.  That is a PUG.

But the excitement and achievement when the plane takes off. Why would I want to build a plane with aeronautical engineers?

• QinshienQinshien Member Posts: 26

I agree... people are judged because they are said to be noobs. But honestly, there are a lot of people in their own guilds or core raiding groups that suck more than me.

I was caught in a situation where, they didn't need me but then they needed me cause the raid, people kept dropping, and I find out that the asshat, was the raid leader, and you know he told me that I was under geared, but while I was in the raid, I held solid 3rd place, in overall damage and damage-per-second.  So this stupid achievement thing means nothing to regular people like me who have lives that don't raid constantly. Sucks for them their loss.

Don't hate because I'm awesome

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

It's a bleeding game for christs nonexistent sake. If people get so bloody uptight they ask for achievements blablabla, ignore and move on. Lots more fish in the sea. The game is extreme easymode anyway. Once you learn the scripted bossfights, and most of them are alike, you can do them in your sleep. Better off finding a guild with likeminded people and write off pugs alltogether. Pugging sucks most of the time anyway, allthough you can wipe in very interesting ways now and then in them I don't play WoW anymore though. Havent done much wotlk either. Took one character to 80, looked back at the journey from 70 to 80, said to myself 'I've done this shit too many times already' and quit.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• twistydaveytwistydavey Member Posts: 19

I have left WoW in the last few weeks for no other reason than I have outgrown the game. I have played it for just over a year so my first time to be lvl capped was @ 80. I was one of the biggest noobs @ 80 & had to learn how to raid, I was so lucky that I met a good group of guys who took me under there wings & after awhile we were crushing  all the hc's. So I moved to doing naxx & naxx hc  before i knew it I was top geared. Then when Uldar patch came out I was being head hunted by some of the top guilds. So I went from being a noob to joining a top radiing guild with a little help. My point is most noobs are noobs because there are new players not because they can't play.  As for the whole link ach to get into the raid. A friend of mine rolled an alt & used an addon to link fake ach's so unless the RL compared ach's with him he could get into any raid he wanted to..

@ johnspartan why have you two to three posts in a row? When you could put it all into one post.

Seems like your grinding posts here, like grinding rep in wow :)

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Why is it developers have to keep adding features to the games when in the end it tends to make them worse?
    Even Blizzard is not above this.  Achievements are the true anathama of the casual player.  Why I don't play Wow anymore and truely pity those that still do.
    Blizzard better watch out or a good game is going to come along and steal their thunder.

Developpers add features to the game for its players.

The ones that left are always the ones complaining - whatever the game maker does - because they search for a justification why they left.

That'a a big difference and that's why your opinion is meaningless for present day WoW players.

Your third sentence is wishful thinking and is like creating a selfulfilled prophecy and justification.

----------

The editor of this OP is again a try at having a cheap shot at one of the better innovations in WotLK.

The positive new playing value for very well implemented achievements far outweighs the mentality of some raiders or players.

But on mmorpg.com you would be hard pressed to find ANY useful info on the gigantic 3.2 patch anyway.

So I don't understand the OP.

How about an explanation about the 101 new Wow features instead of milking "moaning" like whiner posts.

Umm what? You do know blizzard copied it from WAR right?

• Flamerider77Flamerider77 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Why is it developers have to keep adding features to the games when in the end it tends to make them worse?
    Even Blizzard is not above this.  Achievements are the true anathama of the casual player.  Why I don't play Wow anymore and truely pity those that still do.
    Blizzard better watch out or a good game is going to come along and steal their thunder.

Developpers add features to the game for its players.

The ones that left are always the ones complaining - whatever the game maker does - because they search for a justification why they left.

That'a a big difference and that's why your opinion is meaningless for present day WoW players.

Your third sentence is wishful thinking and is like creating a selfulfilled prophecy and justification.

----------

The editor of this OP is again a try at having a cheap shot at one of the better innovations in WotLK.

The positive new playing value for very well implemented achievements far outweighs the mentality of some raiders or players.

But on mmorpg.com you would be hard pressed to find ANY useful info on the gigantic 3.2 patch anyway.

So I don't understand the OP.

How about an explanation about the 101 new Wow features instead of milking "moaning" like whiner posts.

Not really, I miss the game yes, not the grind, in actuality, the only reason game developers add features to its games is not really because of the majority of players, it is because of the few hardcore elitist players (sad, i used to be one) that always complain and whine that there isn't enough content, the ones who rush through new instances like a hot knife through butter, ones who have no lives like (cough) johnny spartacus there and keeps whining about I want something new... eff everyone else who can't hang and you know what we'll just keep thinking we are better than them, we are the elite, as it is how society deems it so... (oh and can you pass the hot pockets there mom, I'm too fat I can't stand up).. 

WoW as good as it still is, it will never be as good as it was, its dying... and as far as the GREAT JOHNNY is concerned, dude... all the stuff have been nerfed.... bud, you won't last 10secs with me in Arena, mod heavy botters like you shouldn't really step down from that pompous $#!T you have going. 

• kcypher2000kcypher2000 Member Posts: 116

What i find ironic is that the same expansion that released achievements is also the one that dumbed down raids so that they can be easily pugged yet people seem to take them more seriously now.

I am all for games catering to casuals rather than small sects of people but WoW has held gamers hand to the point that they no longer even need to interact with each other in order to make (often false) assumptions. 

-Check armory: know someones spec, talents everything.  Why bother talking when i can know your hit rating in less than a minute.

-Link achievements: sure you might have been carried through that encounter but now I will assume you know what you are doing even though it takes like 15 seconds to explain these encounters to people.  Lets wait an hour more to run VOA when we can find enough people who meet our criteria.

-Arena rating:  Sure i have better gear and the same class and spec as you but if you beat me in a duel then you are lucky, if i win its all skill because I have over 2k rating.

This game is not hard people and plenty of bad players can lie about dps (a lot do ) and get carried to achievements.  Bring the player and if they dont know what they are doing, boot em.  Thats how we did it when instances actually required coordination.

Also if you are recruiting for a guild, new players who might need to be taught a bit of how to maximize the potential of their class are often  more loyal than someone who is just guild hopping to get the best loot.

• NerblasNerblas Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by rounner

Originally posted by stringray13

Here is one for ya, imagine going up to 25 random people on the street and asking them to build an airplane which you will then attempt to fly.  That is a PUG.

But the excitement and achievement when the plane takes off. Why would I want to build a plane with aeronautical engineers?

This was probably the most intelligent answer on this entire thread! Great one mate!! :)

"Vidis Fodidis Est"

• bigmacattackbigmacattack Member Posts: 1

Achievements don't mean anything as far a I am concerned. For all I know (if I don't know her), her boyfriend could have been playing her toon and gotten her that achievement while she was taking a shower. Shoot, I got the heroic blackrock caverns achievement and all I did was queue. (Queue pops, loading screen goes away, BAM...achievement!!!...people leave group cause they finished last boss. Easy gold and valor points there.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

The old "if you haven't experienced it yet, then you never deserve to" approach to large group content.  Elitist, fascist, and absolutely insulting to even the most average players.  Whoever started this trend of coding achievements and public player stats into MMOs needs to be shot in the face, then dumped over the side of a ship.  Same goes for all those "hardcore" insects that promote their use.

You people are destroying the concept of the MMO, please die.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by twodayslate

The old "if you haven't experienced it yet, then you never deserve to" approach to large group content.  Elitist, fascist, and absolutely insulting to even the most average players.  Whoever started this trend of coding achievements and public player stats into MMOs needs to be shot in the face, then dumped over the side of a ship.  Same goes for all those "hardcore" insects that promote their use.

You people are destroying the concept of the MMO, please die.

QFT

10char.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?