Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will MO handle macroing?

2»

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by johnspartan

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by OldAgeJunkie

I'm not sure how they are going to handle mortal online but it was a huge disappointment that in darkfall you had to macro in order to keep up with current grand master elitists in the game. I can't even stomach to log into darkfall anymore. It's too bad I have been waiting for that game sense 2002. Currently awaiting the new star wars game, if that fails for me then I am done with mmo's for good.

The issue is not Darkfall specific, even if Darkfail faileded to address it properly, but is a problem for all skillbased MMORPGs that raises your skill by use rather than achievement.

I think the best sollution would for it to be based on both. I.e. if you swing your sword at a rat and your sword skill is already high then you wont raise it, period. However if you swing it at a dragon you would.

A "dumb" raise-by-using, with no check what you are using the skill for, would be doomed to fail. There needs to be some kind of check to make sure that what you are doing is difficult, compared to what your current skill level is, to raise the skill. Otherwise I think macro abuse would be very hard to avoid.

UO had that what, 10 years ago?

Your point being that Mortal Online will have it aswell or?